The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-12-2012, 02:21 PM
Serene Highness

Does anyone know what Catherine is doing now? Are there any pictures of her visiting her charities? Things seem to be quiet at the moment.

Old 01-12-2012, 02:40 PM
Royal Highness

So far no informations about her engagements. I think she would do something when William will be abroad. At least I hope that she'll do something.

Old 01-12-2012, 02:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Do we know when William is leaving?
Old 01-29-2012, 02:36 PM
Majesty

Catherine will be taking part in some solo engagements while William is in the Falklands.

Duchess of Cambridge begins solo work with Lucian Freud - Telegraph
The Duchess of Cambridge will fly solo while Prince William is on Falkland Islands mission - Telegraph

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
LL ‏ @liltinglimes Per @peoplemag & @SPerryPeoplemag's confirmation, Kate has already started volunteering with the Scouts in Wales. @britishroyals
Kate has already begun work with Scouts charity.
Old 04-06-2012, 08:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Another 4 charities for the Duchess
Kate Middleton to take on another four charity roles - Mirror Online
Old 04-06-2012, 10:02 PM
Majesty

Thanks for the article, ghost_night . I'm really excited to find out what organizations she'll choose to support. Great news indeed.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 04-14-2012, 08:55 PM
Courtier

Quote:
THE Duchess of Cambridge has been secretly volunteering for the Scouts since Christmas, helping to teach youngsters skills like putting up tents and lighting fires.
Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Kate's a constant dyb dab hand at helping the Cubs
Old 04-19-2012, 02:09 AM
Heir Apparent

BBC News - Duchess of Cambridge hailed as Welsh scout numbers rise
Old 04-19-2012, 04:45 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGabrielle View Post
Does anyone know what Catherine is doing now? Are there any pictures of her visiting her charities? Things seem to be quiet at the moment.
You asked that in January: now we could find out, whate she did in "private":

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Kate's a constant dyb dab hand at helping the Cubs

Obviously she started her volonteer work with the Scouts in Anglesey.
Old 04-19-2012, 09:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Kate is a quiet force indeed while using her influence to effect positive changes, even as a volunteer.
Old 04-19-2012, 06:54 PM
Courtier

Are kids joining because Kate has brought attention to Scouts, or are kids joining hoping to meet Kate?

I don't mean to be cynical, just a thought that popped in my head.

I'm sure there are some who joined for either reason. Would be curious to know the numbers, though I doubt anyone will ever know.
Old 04-20-2012, 03:18 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess of Durham
Are kids joining because Kate has brought attention to Scouts, or are kids joining hoping to meet Kate?

I don't mean to be cynical, just a thought that popped in my head.

I'm sure there are some who joined for either reason. Would be curious to know the numbers, though I doubt anyone will ever know.
I had the same thought. Material may have been published that shows Catherine promoting the scouts, but I haven't seen any. Nor have we seen her doing any engagements for her patronage. I'm leaning towards the latter.
Old 04-20-2012, 03:36 AM
Super Moderator

In order to give youngsters some credit, I would hope that they are joining the scouts because because the organisation has been highlighted recently (possibly in part by Catherine's involvment).
Old 04-20-2012, 09:37 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I had the same thought. Material may have been published that shows Catherine promoting the scouts, but I haven't seen any. Nor have we seen her doing any engagements for her patronage. I'm leaning towards the latter.
But Scouting is not one of her patronages, so I doubt she would be doing engagements on their behalf. Her participation with the scouts is as a volunteer, so very few pictures, if any.
Old 04-20-2012, 12:24 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
But Scouting is not one of her patronages, so I doubt she would be doing engagements on their behalf. Her participation with the scouts is as a volunteer, so very few pictures, if any.
In an article posted above it says she will do an official engagement for the Scouts this year. Not sure if this true, though.
Old 04-20-2012, 12:27 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur

Not Patron, yet. But the BBC article says she has been working with the Scouts since it was announced earlier this year and that she will be doing engagements with William as they both have "strong links".
Old 04-27-2012, 04:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Kate Middleton Quietly Volunteers with Scouts on Anglesey : People.com
Old 05-09-2012, 02:24 PM
Heir Apparent

New pic inside
Kate Middleton Volunteers with Scouts, Brings Dog : People.com

Another one of Kate, Lupo and the Scouts!
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3...m37to1_500.jpg
Old 05-09-2012, 02:29 PM
Heir Apparent

What a nice picture of Kate snuggling with Lupo and that's a good idea to bring him along on the camping expedition. I can see why Kate does so well with the Scouts; she definitely knows how to interact with them by bringing her puppy. Thanks for the link, Ghost.