The Duchess of Cambridge Charities and Patronages 1: 2011- Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: Thanks for the article, ghost_night :flowers:. I'm really excited to find out what organizations she'll choose to support. Great news indeed.

Kate is a quiet force indeed while using her influence to effect positive changes, even as a volunteer.

Last edited:
Are kids joining because Kate has brought attention to Scouts, or are kids joining hoping to meet Kate?

I don't mean to be cynical, just a thought that popped in my head.

I'm sure there are some who joined for either reason. Would be curious to know the numbers, though I doubt anyone will ever know.

Duchess of Durham said:
Are kids joining because Kate has brought attention to Scouts, or are kids joining hoping to meet Kate?

I don't mean to be cynical, just a thought that popped in my head.

I'm sure there are some who joined for either reason. Would be curious to know the numbers, though I doubt anyone will ever know.

I had the same thought. Material may have been published that shows Catherine promoting the scouts, but I haven't seen any. Nor have we seen her doing any engagements for her patronage. I'm leaning towards the latter.

In order to give youngsters some credit, I would hope that they are joining the scouts because because the organisation has been highlighted recently (possibly in part by Catherine's involvment).

I had the same thought. Material may have been published that shows Catherine promoting the scouts, but I haven't seen any. Nor have we seen her doing any engagements for her patronage. I'm leaning towards the latter.

But Scouting is not one of her patronages, so I doubt she would be doing engagements on their behalf. Her participation with the scouts is as a volunteer, so very few pictures, if any.

But Scouting is not one of her patronages, so I doubt she would be doing engagements on their behalf. Her participation with the scouts is as a volunteer, so very few pictures, if any.

In an article posted above it says she will do an official engagement for the Scouts this year. Not sure if this true, though.

Excalibur said:

Not Patron, yet. But the BBC article says she has been working with the Scouts since it was announced earlier this year and that she will be doing engagements with William as they both have "strong links".

What a nice picture of Kate snuggling with Lupo and that's a good idea to bring him along on the camping expedition. I can see why Kate does so well with the Scouts; she definitely knows how to interact with them by bringing her puppy. Thanks for the link, Ghost.

Awww! What an adorable picture.

So what do you suppose Catherine thinks about the death of Eva Rousing? Apparently she was found dead and had a problem with drugs along with her husband. They are philanthropists worth billions and were supporters of Action on Addiction. They have given lots of money to the charity. I wonder if Catherine ever met them. Its rather sad that they still had the addictions even after going through rehab. The news said her husband was arrested having found drugs in his possession and was driving crazy. The police werent sure how long Eva had been deceased, maybe a few days. Such a sad story. Just thought I would comment on this since Catherine is patron of this charity.

Last edited:
So what do you suppose Catherine thinks about the death of Eva Rousing? Apparently she was found dead and had a problem with drugs along with her husband. They are philanthropists worth billions and were supporters of Action on Addiction. They have given lots of money to the charity. I wonder if Catherine ever met them. Its rather sad that they still had the addictions even after going through rehab. The news said her husband was arrested having found drugs in his possession and was driving crazy. The police werent sure how long Eva had been deceased, maybe a few days. Such a sad story. Just thought I would comment on this since Catherine is patron of this charity.

I heard about that just a little while ago and its sad to see just how tragic addictions can turn out to be. I would guess that Kate feels as the rest of us probably do that abusing any substance is self destructive. I don't think she would go public with any kind of statement and if anything, it would confirm the need for programs such as Action on Addiction.

If this is true, Kate had a little BBQ for the scouts!:ohmy:

Lee Crimes ‏@iamleecrimes : So my 8 year old stepbrother went over to Kate Middleton's house lastnight for a BBQ with his mate's. I think I'm about to cry with jealousy

Lee Crimes ‏@iamleecrimes : Like....he's 8!! He doesn't even realise that she's a mega babe! And she had a BBQ on the go! Kate Middleton cooking burgers!! Oh my days.
https://twitter.com/iamleecrimes

Gosh, there must have been a lot of cars in Kate's driveway. And all those parents. Of course, the Troop could be just three boys.

probably more likely there were a few parents and the troop leaders to chaperone the troop for a BBQ and then the destination was Kates. I would assume that it wasnt told to everyone upfront or there would be an abundance of parents etc

I seem to recall that their place in Angelesy is a farm house on a bigger piece of property - this BBQ may have occurred at one of the other buildings on the place. either way it is a sweet story and nicely done.

It sounds like a wonderful time was had by everybody involved. One thing most people wouldn't associate with a princess is gutting fish though. EWWWW :eek:. Not exactly my cup of tea either but I do make a mean s'more!

Major kudos to Kate for gutting a fish. You wouldn't catch me doing that. She just went up a few more steps on my ladder of respect.

What a nice treat for the Scouts. Ah, the little things we find out about the Duchess, like wielding a deft hand gutting fish. Watch out, William, don't get her angry!:D

Seems Catherine is rehearsing for the day when she is the hostess of Royal garden parties or for the (in-)Famous family BBQs in Balmoral. Nice story, though. My nephew is with the Scouts, too and his little tribe often does BBQs at the garden of one of the members or volounteers, where all of that small "family" are invited but noone else. so if Catherine has attached herself to one of those small tribes, then only the members including the parents would come, of course.

:previous: I can picture it clearly. The whole family fishing on the River Dee and Kate gutting and cleaning the fish while Philip grills them to perfection on the BBQ. And we must not forget the corgis keeping them all on their toes. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom