The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-27-2018, 05:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Love seeing pictures of Kate with the children

Old 03-05-2018, 04:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Who will replace Catherine to present sprigs of shamrock to members of the Battalion Irish Guards when she begins maternity leave on March 12?

Old 03-05-2018, 05:04 PM
Imperial Majesty

When did they announce her leave starts on March 12th?

LaRae
Old 03-05-2018, 05:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
Who will replace Catherine to present sprigs of shamrock to members of the Battalion Irish Guards when she begins maternity leave on March 12?
The Honorary Colonel of the Irish Guards-William would likely hand them out which he has done in the past.
As far as I know KP has not announced when her maternity leave will begin.
Old 03-07-2018, 05:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
When did they announce her leave starts on March 12th?

LaRae
https://us.hellomagazine.com/royalty...ty-leave-start
Catherine's maternity leave begins on March 12.
Old 03-07-2018, 05:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

Hello Magazine is not a reliable source about that type of thing.

LaRae
Old 03-07-2018, 06:36 PM
Heir Apparent

I agree with Pranter that Hello magazine wouldn't be a reliable source for this type of announcement.
Old 03-07-2018, 11:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

I have a more technical question, not really sure where to put it.
This is a thread about Kate’s charities and patronages, is it then really necessary to also have separate threads for each and every one of her particular patronages? She visits some of them maybe once a year and the discussion is quite dragged out and not at all easy to find the info about her work and some of these threads haven't been active since 2016.

Here’s an example of the threads I mention:
The Duchess of Cambridge as Patron of Place2Be & Other Child Mental Health Charities
The Duchess of Cambridge as Patron of the National Portrait Gallery
The Duchess of Cambridge as Patron of Action on Addiction
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ion-41719.html
The Duchess of Cambridge as Royal Patron of East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...aid-37838.html
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ust-41718.html
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...oom-37821.html

Would it not be more useful and easier for everyone to have one or two threads on her patronages like other royals seem to have?
Old 03-08-2018, 03:56 AM
Heir Presumptive

I agree with Princess Larisa. The same applies to the Duke too.
Old 03-08-2018, 02:03 PM
Administrator

Actually, there isn't a thread for all of the Duchess (or the Duke's for that matter who for the record has 40) patronages. According to the royal.gov.uk, she has a total of 15 as of now and one expects that number to grow as her duties increase.

Separate threads have been created for specific patronages just because she usually has attended a couple of events per year for these organizations and its easier for TRF members to access if they are looking for something specific. For example, say she attended an event for the National Portrait Gallery and you were looking for a specific event. Are you going to search each of her current events threads of which there are 5 currently but again one expects that number to grow, or will it be easier to look in the thread dedicated to that patronage?

I am going to guess its going to be easier to search that specific thread. But I guess you can't please everyone.

ETA: In the event that a specific patronage is not as active as others, at some point the mod team will than merge the less active thread with this one

Old 03-08-2018, 03:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Actually, there isn't a thread for all of the Duchess (or the Duke's for that matter who for the record has 40) patronages. According to the royal.gov.uk, she has a total of 15 as of now and one expects that number to grow as her duties increase.

Separate threads have been created for specific patronages just because she usually has attended a couple of events per year for these organizations and its easier for TRF members to access if they are looking for something specific. For example, say she attended an event for the National Portrait Gallery and you were looking for a specific event. Are you going to search each of her current events threads of which there are 5 currently but again one expects that number to grow, or will it be easier to look in the thread dedicated to that patronage?

I am going to guess its going to be easier to search that specific thread. But I guess you can't please everyone.
It was just a suggestion, since Kate seems to be the only royal who has this kind of separation. No need to be curt, a simple ‘the mods prefer it this way’ would be enough.
For me personally, it’s easier to have everything in one place and just search by date. Especially when she visits more than one patronage in the same day and videos and articles are about all of them together.
Btw, there were several posters who have PMed me agreeing, so it’s not just two people who find it harder this way. But if the mods like it this way that’s fine, it your decision after all.

Quote:
ETA: In the event that a specific patronage is not as active as others, at some point the mod team will than merge the less active thread with this one

Place2Be merged with Kate's patronage The Art Room in January 2018, so those don’t need separate threads.
Old 03-26-2018, 10:11 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Catherine stepping up her game! I love that she’ll be the first.

All via KP on Twitter :)

The Duchess of Cambridge is to become the first Royal Patron of the Victoria and Albert Museum. Furthering Her Royal Highness's interest in the visual arts, photography and design, she formally takes up the @V_and_A Patronage from today.

The V&A is the world’s leading museum of art, design, education and performance. It was established to make works of art available to all and to inspire British designers and manufacturers.

The Duchess previously visited the @V_and_A in June 2017 to officially open the Museum's new entrance, courtyard and exhibition gallery on Exhibition Road.
Old 03-26-2018, 10:18 AM
Majesty

We are honoured to announce that Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cambridge has agreed to become the V&A’s first Royal Patron. The patronage reflects Her Royal Highness’s continued personal interest in the visual arts, photography and design.

Victoria and Albert Museum via Twitter
Old 03-26-2018, 10:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

Excellent..one of my favorite Women allies with one of my favourite haunts..
Old 03-26-2018, 10:30 AM
Heir Apparent

V & A right next to the Natural History Museum; that will be convenient, two of Kate's patronages side by side.
Old 03-26-2018, 10:53 AM
Imperial Majesty

Very impressive patronage for Her Royal Highness.

A.W. TOZER
Old 03-26-2018, 10:54 AM
Courtier

How exciting. I love the V & A. I wish I’d had more time to spend there. It sounds right up Kate’s ally, and it’s cool that she’ll be the first royal patron.
Old 03-26-2018, 11:00 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I'm willing to bet that when Kate picked her major in Art History at St. Andrew's, she never would have figured that one day she would be the royal patron of the V&A museum. That road led into the right direction it seems.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 03-26-2018, 11:04 AM
Majesty

I’m shocked the V&A Museum hasn’t had a royal patron before. It’s world renowned. She’s certainly upping her game.
Old 03-26-2018, 01:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, why after all this time have the V & A suddenly decided to have a royal patron?

Though perhaps it helps when there are fund-raising events...