The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-14-2016, 07:22 AM
Heir Apparent

I think that mental health causes are the most current issues our world has to deal with at the moment, alongside domestic violence and terrorism.

In 2016 itis still a taboo issue, so focusing attention on mental health, especially on kids, is never enough!

Maybe some royals are dealing with a mental illness and are still reluctant to speak up about it.

Old 08-15-2016, 06:10 PM
Heir Apparent

The Duchess of Cambridge's message of support for the Anna Freud mental health podcast series

Kensington Palace @KensingtonRoyal
The Duchess supports @AFNCCF's podcast series, which aims to help parents understand children’s mental health

https://www.royal.uk/duchess-cambrid...podcast-series

Old 08-17-2016, 09:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Heads Together ‏@heads_together 25m25 minutes ago
'One in three adults still say they would be embarrassed to seek help for their child's mental health.'

Kate Middleton will get mental health support for George and Charlotte if they need it 'as it's best thing to do' - Mirror Online
Old 08-17-2016, 01:46 PM
Aristocracy

Well that's rather disheartening.
Old 08-17-2016, 02:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoryGirl View Post
Well that's rather disheartening.

Why is it disheartening that she would get help for her kids if they needed it?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 08-17-2016, 02:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Maybe more referring to the statistic of 1 in 3 feel embarrassed to seek mental help for kids than DM headline, perhaps?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 08-17-2016, 02:38 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I think perhaps History Girl meant that the statement itself about one out of three adults wouldn't seek help for their child and I have to agree with that.

Although we know its not true, many parents feel that what their kids are like, what they do and their problems and accomplishments are reflective of them as parents. Johnny is the "chip off the old block" and Susie is "her mother's daughter" etc. There still is the feeling of shame that some parents feel when their child has something not right about them. This is what the Cambridges are trying so hard to reach out to and reassure parents and their children that a mental health issue is on par with having a cut that needs stitches and nothing to be ashamed of.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 08-17-2016, 03:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

Having sat on both sides of the table at school conferences as an educator seeking mental health assistance for a student and as a parent, I can understand the parents' reluctance. That being said it is crucial that parents/guardians listen to the concerns being presented by other family members, caregivers, school staff and medical professionals if their child needs a mental health evaluation.
Old 08-17-2016, 05:15 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I think perhaps History Girl meant that the statement itself about one out of three adults wouldn't seek help for their child and I have to agree with that.

Yes, I was referring to the statistic. Quite sad, but always room for improvement, and I'm glad Kate has chosen to bring attention to this issue.
Old 11-08-2016, 12:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Kensington Palace @KensingtonRoyal
The Duchess of Cambridge, Patron @Place2Be will attend the #Place2BeAwards on 22 Nov, celebrating mental health support in schools.

https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/...21498100191233
Old 11-08-2016, 02:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

Looking forward to this engagement.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 11-17-2016, 05:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

http://www.raf.mod.uk/aircadets/rafc...AA05B560F1.pdf

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 11-22-2016, 07:52 AM
Imperial Majesty

Catherine have two engagements today. Evening event for Place2Be and one engagement embargoed with a special guest-
https://mobile.twitter.com/byEmilyAn...28848565555200

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 11-22-2016, 08:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Maybe it will be just before the Place2be event, or soon afterwards.
Old 11-22-2016, 12:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal
The Duchess of Cambridge, Patron of @NHM_London has attended a children’s tea party in honour of the museum's Diplodocus going on tour.
https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/...92259039051776

HRH joined 20 youngsters from a primary school in London to decorate 'dinosaur' eggs @NHM_london with the charity @Place2Be #DippyOnTour
https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/...93881311981569

The Duchess & the little 'Dino-Scientists' learnt all about Dippy & took part in a mini fossil dig & crafts activities. #DippyOnTour
https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/...97386655436800

After learning about dinosaurs the Duchess cut a special #DippyOnTour cake with @NHM_London director Sir Michael Dixon.
https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/...00861967630337

Dippy, which was installed at @NHM_London in 1908, is set to travel around the UK from early 2018 to late 2020 #DippyOnTour
https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/...01977866407936

Children's mental health charity @Place2Be provides support and training to improve the wellbeing of pupils, families & teachers.

Duchess of Cambridge wishes Dippy good luck on his journey | Natural History Museum
Old 11-22-2016, 03:31 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Bon Voyage Dippy!

This is a prime example of taking something that is going to happen at one place (the NHM) and craftily use another patronage (Place2Be) to create something quite extraordinary to call attention to both. Kate doesn't disappoint when it comes to things like this. You take something from the far distant mists of time of our Earth such as Dippy is, add in some children and some very imaginative "projects" and magic ensues along with a unforgettable learning experience.

Makes me really think that just "cutting a ribbon" is fast becoming a thing of the past. Whomever dreamed up this event, I hope fires up event planners to be so much more creative when it comes to things like this.

I also imagine that George and Charlotte were all ears when it came to Kate telling them about the party they had for Dippy. George, I bet, would have loved to have been there himself.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 11-22-2016, 03:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

Kate Middleton attends Place2Be awards ceremony in London in Preen | Daily Mail Online

Video:
The Duchess of Cambridge meets Dippy the Diplodocus-
http://itnsourcenews.com/?SearchTerm...e%20Diplodocus

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 11-22-2016, 04:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Princess Kate reached out to comfort a mom who was overcome by emotion at a children’s charity event in London today.

Kate hugged Ceri Knapton after her son, Ethan, 13, told Kate how he used his battle with Autism and Asperger Syndrome to raise awareness of the condition to benefit others.

His mom told reporters, “I vowed that I wouldn’t cry but was just overcome listening to Ethan. The Duchess just leant over and said to me ‘I’ve got to give you a hug as a mum’. I couldn’t believe it. It was such a kind gesture.”
Read more: Princess Kate comforts mom as she steps out to awards evening for kids' mental health awards
Old 11-23-2016, 11:13 PM
Imperial Majesty

https://m.youtube.com/watch?ebc=ANyP...&v=RMBCLq8u9I0

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS