The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-15-2017, 07:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
The Duchess of Cambridge joined young air cadets at RAF Wittering taking part in their first camp.

As the Honorary Air Commandant of the RAF Air Cadets she attended Bedfordshire and Cambridgeshire Wing’s Skill Development Camp and met several cadets experiencing their first camp.

Cadets and RAF Air Cadet instructors led the Duchess through a range of activities including flying training on a simulator, leadership exercises and more.
Read more: HRH The Duchess of Cambridge Joins RAF Air Cadets on Camp - RAF Air Cadets

Old 06-29-2017, 10:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Catherine to visit the Natural History Museum

Kensington Palace @KensingtonRoyal
The Duchess, Patron @NHM_London, will open the new Hintze Hall on 13 July featuring the new star display – a diving blue whale skeleton

Old 06-29-2017, 10:34 AM
Aristocracy

https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/...32547913760770

New Event for the Duchess on July 13th. She will open the new Hitze Hall in the Natural History Museum in Londen. She's their Royal Patron.

I suppose this means the Cambridges are in Londen that week, so maybe we'll see them for the Spanish state visit too? When the visit was postponed, Royal reporters said they were due to be involved last time.

July will be very busy with the trip to Germany and Poland, Wimbledon and the State Visit.
Old 06-29-2017, 10:58 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Catherine to visit the Natural History Museum

Kensington Palace @KensingtonRoyal

The Duchess, Patron @NHM_London, will open the new Hintze Hall on 13 July featuring the new star display – a diving blue whale skeleton

This could be a George friendly event, wonder if she might bring him?
Old 06-30-2017, 05:30 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleQ2 View Post
This could be a George friendly event, wonder if she might bring him?
It would be great if she could! Perhaps Charlotte as well? I don't know if she would be too young though.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 06-30-2017, 05:43 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Most likely if this is an official engagement, she'll be leaving the children at home. I think she'd want to be able to focus all her attention on the reason why she's there rather than be half attentive to the event and half attentive to what her kids are getting up to.

It would also be keeping her professional role separate from her private life.
Old 06-30-2017, 05:45 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

That's true (because Charlotte seems to particularly be a little handful!), though Catherine has taken George to the museum before (I do believe his second birthday photos were taken in the museum's butterfly garden?) so it wouldn't be his first time and they have been on engagements with them during tours before. I do think, of course, that it's good to give royal children a more normal life, but at the same time, given George's (in particular) position within the BRF, it would be good to get him into royal engagements; like little Estelle in Sweden.

Old 06-30-2017, 07:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
That's true (because Charlotte seems to particularly be a little handful!), though Catherine has taken George to the museum before (I do believe his second birthday photos were taken in the museum's butterfly garden?) so it wouldn't be his first time and they have been on engagements with them during tours before. I do think, of course, that it's good to give royal children a more normal life, but at the same time, given George's (in particular) position within the BRF, it would be good to get him into royal engagements; like little Estelle in Sweden.

Many people on the Forum have written similar comments. All I would say is that it is best for the parents to judge what their children can manage, not royal "fans".

Not all royal children are the same by temperament or by the interest they generate.

I do get fed up with people treating them as the same. I do prefer to leave to their parents to decide.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 06-30-2017, 08:05 PM
Aristocracy

I'm starting to hate the term "charity" in relation to the Royal Family.

People who are on the receiving end of such munificence do not like to be thought of as "charity" people.

The term "charity" implies a rather distasteful top-down granting of .... whatever the rich giver deigns to part with. "It's charity. Be thankful for this two-day-old parsnip cake."
Old 06-30-2017, 08:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopoldine View Post
I'm starting to hate the term "charity" in relation to the Royal Family.

People who are on the receiving end of such munificence do not like to be thought of as "charity" people.

The term "charity" implies a rather distasteful top-down granting of .... whatever the rich giver deigns to part with. "It's charity. Be thankful for this two-day-old parsnip cake."
Couldn't agree more! Well said, Leopoldine. It has it's feudal roots, for sure. It's the spoonful of sugar that makes the medicine (poverty, want, economic inequality) go down. It's a sop.

I've worked in charity organizations. Much prefer equal societies, eyes wide open sharing across the board so that 'charity' is a discipline of the soul/spirit and not a physical-deed pretense of generosity and largesse.
Old 06-30-2017, 08:20 PM
Heir Apparent

In the UK, we have a strong history of giving to those who are in need. The term "Charity" stems from the Christian term for "loving others" - or giving, if you will.

It isn't "top-down" - it isn't the very rich deigning to give to the poor - in the UK its those who have something giving to those in need.

I'm British and I give to charitable causes. Lifeboats (volunteer organisation); local hospice (volunteer organisation); SSAFA (Military) Air Ambulance; specific events ( Grenfell, Floods, etc. etc).

The Royal Family are no different to the rest of the British People. They give financially (that's personal money) or they give time and effort into raising money.

All that is good.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 07-01-2017, 06:03 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

The Duchess of Cambridge Charities and Patronages

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Many people on the Forum have written similar comments. All I would say is that it is best for the parents to judge what their children can manage, not royal "fans".

Not all royal children are the same by temperament or by the interest they generate.

I do get fed up with people treating them as the same. I do prefer to leave to their parents to decide.

I wasn't comparing the two. I was simply observing. I don't like royal comparisons either actually. Of course all royal children have different temperaments. George does seem more shy than his Swedish counterpart, but I still stand by my opinion that slowly introducing him to royal engagements would be a good thing.

If you get fed up with certain comments you don't have to read them - just ignore them next time. That's what I do.

Old 07-13-2017, 03:54 PM
Heir Apparent

The Duchess of Cambridge joined Sir David Attenborough at the Natural History Museum tonight for the unveiling of its latest attraction - a vast blue whale skeleton.

Kate, who is a patron of the museum, is among a small selection of people to first see the 25-metre long skeleton suspended from the ceiling in the revamped Hintze Hall.

Read more: Kate Middleton joins Sir David Attenborough at Natural History Museum for unveiling of new blue whale skele...
Old 07-13-2017, 04:04 PM
Administrator

Here's another article:

** dailymail: Kate's 'kob' steals the show: Duchess of Cambridge shows off her glossy hairstyle at the Natural History Museum..**
Old 07-13-2017, 07:30 PM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
The Duchess of Cambridge Delivering her Speech-
World of Windsor : duchesscatherine-news: @Jack_Royston:*Rare chance...

A.W. TOZER
Old 07-13-2017, 09:31 PM
Aristocracy

Does anyone know why the Duchess of Cambridge has only attended Wimbledon once this year? I assumed that since she is now patron that she would have attended more than just the first day. I am not complaining--just disappointed not to see more of her.
Old 07-13-2017, 11:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by duchessrachel View Post
Does anyone know why the Duchess of Cambridge has only attended Wimbledon once this year? I assumed that since she is now patron that she would have attended more than just the first day. I am not complaining--just disappointed not to see more of her.
It's all down to scheduling. She goes when it's in her diary.

A.W. TOZER
Old 07-14-2017, 04:54 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
It's all down to scheduling. She goes when it's in her diary.
I started thinking too that she had the State Banquet and the upcoming tour so she has probably been busy getting ready with everything involved with that.
Old 07-14-2017, 05:09 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by duchessrachel View Post
I started thinking too that she had the State Banquet and the upcoming tour so she has probably been busy getting ready with everything involved with that.
She and William will attend Wimbledon on Sunday.

A.W. TOZER