The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-30-2016, 09:58 PM
Royal Highness

I don't see anything wrong with her doing the photos. So many royals have done it hope she does more

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Old 04-30-2016, 10:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
It's exciting that she agreed to do a magazine shoot. I hope she'll do more of them when asked- we get such beautiful photos that way.
HRHHermione, you are correct that it is exciting that the Duchess agreed to do a Vogue shoot. Catherine is a pretty lady and has a fantastic smile.

Old 04-30-2016, 11:19 PM
Heir Apparent

That ship has long since sailed...years ago when they started allowing all the media in (well before QEII's time).

Not to mention, times change. Very few if any people believe the royals are somehow elevated or different from the rest of us...let alone appointed by God to rule.

The best thing they can do now is do as much charitable works as they can and represent their countries as ambassadors of sorts...and help with tourism.

LaRae

I say why not do the photoshoot and cover? She's very tasteful and appropriate.

We can assume the palace approved as well. Kate is not a rebel.

LaRae
Old 04-30-2016, 11:36 PM
Royal Highness

I've just seen the other hat one. I think it's the one for the cover which is much better than the 1st one. Strange that they put a hat on her and hiding her famous hair.

Old 04-30-2016, 11:50 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
I've just seen the other hat one. I think it's the one for the cover which is much better than the 1st one. Strange that they put a hat on her and hiding her famous hair.

There are now a couple of other "hat" photos out on the internet royal rob - one with Catherine smiling and one not - both black and white.

The photographer, makeup artist, and some of the Vogue personnel, have had a fun time on their Instagram accounts since it has all gone public.

Photos were taken in January at Sandringham, so amazing there were no hints, leaks etc in all this time.

Catherine will be viewing the two portraits on display on Wednesday, with the magazine - said to be ten pages, with seven photos - going on sale on Thursday in the UK.

Columnist Liz Jones has written that she's asked if there is a deal between the Royal Family and Land Rover - seeing the back of the vehicle in the photo shoot.

She says she recieved an ambivalent "no comment" from Kensington Palace.

I didn't realise until I read about the makeup used - the makeup lady persuaded Catherine to go without her usual very defined eye-liner and heavier blush. I think that just emphasised the eyebrows.

And the Duchess helped select the outfits along with the Vogue Editor-in-Chief and the Fashion Editor.
Old 05-01-2016, 12:05 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
QEII, Princess Margaret, Diana Princess of Wales, Princess Royal, just a few that come to mind for UK's Vogue.

http://www.fashion-era.com/images/So...ry/annefur.jpg
I know right. I'm more surprised it took this long.

Diana also covered Harper's Bazaar.
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/355854808029541170/
Old 05-01-2016, 12:08 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
Sorry but I always feel uncomfortable when royals let themselves 'officially' appear on magazine covers. To me thats for celebrities not royalty.
I agree. I know most of the other members of the BRF have done magazine photo shoots but I was hoping Catherine would avoid it.

Maybe I would have liked it better if she handled it the way William did. He did a photo shoot for the charity, Crisis, then he let the charity sell the pictures to a magazine of their own choosing. This way his charity made money but he wasn't directly involved with the magazine. It was a savvy move by William.
Old 05-01-2016, 12:12 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Lion View Post
There are now a couple of other "hat" photos out on the internet royal rob - one with Catherine smiling and one not - both black and white.

The photographer, makeup artist, and some of the Vogue personnel, have had a fun time on their Instagram accounts since it has all gone public.

Photos were taken in January at Sandringham, so amazing there were no hints, leaks etc in all this time.

Catherine will be viewing the two portraits on display on Wednesday, with the magazine - said to be ten pages, with seven photos - going on sale on Thursday in the UK.

Columnist Liz Jones has written that she's asked if there is a deal between the Royal Family and Land Rover - seeing the back of the vehicle in the photo shoot.

She says she recieved an ambivalent "no comment" from Kensington Palace.

I didn't realise until I read about the makeup used - the makeup lady persuaded Catherine to go without her usual very defined eye-liner and heavier blush. I think that just emphasised the eyebrows.

And the Duchess helped select the outfits along with the Vogue Editor-in-Chief and the Fashion Editor.

Glad there are more to come still hoping for some bling but I know it wasn't that sort of photo shoot

Old 05-01-2016, 12:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
I agree. I know most of the other members of the BRF have done magazine photo shoots but I was hoping Catherine would avoid it.

Maybe I would have liked it better if she handled it the way William did. He did a photo shoot for the charity, Crisis, then he let the charity sell the pictures to a magazine of their own choosing. This way his charity made money but he wasn't directly involved with the magazine. It was a savvy move by William.

She did it in conjunction with the National Portrait Gallery and British Vogue collaborating for a celebration of portraiture. Vogue has the cover and more photos in the magazine and the NPG has a special exhibition including 2 of pictures of Kate at the museum. So it's not like the pictures were taken for no other purpose other than the magazine. Kate is the patron of NPG.

http://www.npg.org.uk/whatson/vogue/...-vogue-100.php

Old 05-01-2016, 12:42 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
She did it in conjunction with the National Portrait Gallery and British Vogue collaborating for a celebration of portraiture. Vogue has the cover and more photos in the magazine and the NPG has a special exhibition including 2 of pictures of Kate at the museum. So it's not like the pictures were taken for no other purpose other than the magazine. Kate is the patron of NPG.

Vogue 100: A Century of Style - Portraits of HRH The Duchess of Cambridge in Vogue 100

I'm well aware. I like the way William handled it better. He was photographed by a client of his charity, a former homeless man. Further driving home the message of what his photo shoot was about. Catherine was managed by Vogue staff, in comparison. I tip my hat to William. He was very clever.
Old 05-01-2016, 02:06 AM
Heir Presumptive

I was excited before, but the NPG link makes it even better. And the timing is good- for her 5th wedding anniversary.

I hope she does more of these at significant times- maybe even a formal one some time :)

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 05-01-2016, 02:56 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Who is this woman?? The amount of photoshop is unbelievable!!
Old 05-01-2016, 03:52 AM
Heir Apparent

The DM used the phrase "another glossy royal" after mentioning Catherine in an article about Camilla's daughter-in-law. This is exemplaric for what is happening. Not only in the UK anyway. It is the celebrity culture bulldozering royal distance, serenity and dignity. Liz Jones wrote an extremely bitter and nasty article on this photo-shoot in the DM, so my point that an ever-ongoing celebritization leads to nothing seems to be proven.
Old 05-01-2016, 05:18 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
Anne (generally well liked) has done it back in the 70s. Nothing new. It's a great way to remain relevant and "out there" without going silly or tacky.
https://twitter.com/victoriaarbiter/...12272634425344
Old 05-01-2016, 09:26 AM
Heir Apparent

For the commenters who find the cover too common or not blingy enough. https://twitter.com/RoyalDickie/stat...56857494937600
Old 05-01-2016, 09:32 AM
Heir Apparent

I like the photo of the Kate with the red blouse. It gives a natural vibe. I don't like the other two pics. I think Kate does not look good, plus the thicker eyebrows do not do her ay favour.
On a general note,i'm glad she lessened her make-up! She looks much better!
Old 05-01-2016, 11:11 AM
Majesty

kate doing a cover for vogue has been rumored for a long time now. i am glad that she made her cover matter by waiting several years after her marriage to do it, and for it to be done on a special anniversary of the magazine.

i must admit though that the pictures are not my favourite. i believe there are 3 in total, and i just don't find them that appealing. it was a nice touch to do them in the norfolk countryside though.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 05-01-2016, 12:34 PM
Imperial Majesty

I would've liked to read Catherine's own reflection of the photo shoot, rather than hearing from KP officials and the director of NPG. Im sure she have some comments about the whole experience.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 05-01-2016, 12:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Clearly everyone involved knew what a big deal this was going to be. To be on the cover of the centenary issue of British Vogue for a NPG exhibtion is a big deal. Just think of all the people they had to pick from and chose Catherine and she agreed to do it.

Quote:
The British photographer’s work is known for its quiet elegance and a degree of relaxed understatement.

Mr Olins said: “It’s a privilege to have been chosen to photograph HRH The Duchess of Cambridge for the Centenary issue of British Vogue and an honour that two of those portraits will hang in the National Portrait Gallery in London.

“This was the Duchess’s first sitting for a magazine and she was a joy to work with, a natural. I am incredibly grateful to Alexandra Shulman for placing her faith in me for such an important and historic assignment.”
Read more: Who is the British photographer who captured the natural beauty of Duchess Kate? | Royal | News | Daily Express