The Duchess of Cambridge Charities and Patronages 1: 2011- Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great to see the kids enjoying the crafts and fun at the hospital today. Congratulations to Evelina Children's Hospital on gaining a new patron today.?

Evelina Children’s Hospital is a brilliant patronage for The Duchess of Cambridge

Last edited:
:previous: I have a complex genetic condition and was seen under Evelina in my mid teens (the eldest age to be considered a child at Evelina is 19 and because my condition is common but not known [I have 22q deletion syndrome] I was admitted to the department much later than most of the patients) and the staff and assistants there are fantastic and really helped me with finally getting a diagnosis which has since made life so much easier to cope with. This is a very worthy cause and I'm glad that Catherine is now the patron - she seems like the perfect fit! It was great to see her with the children today, as always she was brilliant with them.

“Kate was so sweet, we were both very impressed by her warmth and I think she will be the perfect ambassador for the hospital. She spoke to us about the importance of the family being together and she really understood what that means to us all. Her involvement will be an inspiration to the children and the staff and they will hopefully get the recognition they deserve.”

- Kirsty, 31, from Bracknell, Berkshire

Last edited:
It's such a worthwhile patronage, I'm really glad that Catherine has taken it on. And both William and Kate do a great job interacting with the children, it's fun to see.

As we wish the #DuchessofCambridge a Happy Birthday, look back at when @CamillaTominey spoke about Kate's charity work on the #royalbox.

Via Yahoo U.K.

Video

Credit where credits due

As we wish the #DuchessofCambridge a Happy Birthday, look back at when @CamillaTominey spoke about Kate's charity work on the #royalbox.

Via Yahoo U.K.

Video

Credit where credits due

Rudolph, thanks for posting this. I think it’s so important for Catherine’s charity work to be highly focused on. She’s done such a wonderful job in her role as royal patron of her charities. I wish she could be given more credit for her Heads Together campaign idea. I think KP kinda messed up in not making it well known that it was her idea from the very beginning. Therefore, credit to her isn’t really given.

A very happy birthday to our royal patron, The Duchess of Cambridge. We look forward to working with Her Royal Highness over the coming year to improve women's health in the UK and around the world @KensingtonRoyal

Via The Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists Twitter

Last edited:
The Duke of Cambridge and The Duchess of Cambridge, Patron, Victoria and Albert Museum, this afternoon officially opened the Victoria and Albert Museum Dundee, 1 Riverside Esplanade, Dundee, and were received by Her Majesty’s Lord-Lieutenant of the City of Dundee (Councillor Ian Borthwick, the Lord Provost)

- Court Circular || 29 January 2019

Last edited:
The Duchess of Cambridge has become Patron of the @FoundlingMuseum ahead of her visit to the Museum later today, where she will learn about how the organisation works with art and artists to transform the lives of vulnerable and marginalised young people. (source)

Excellent news and I'm pleased to see that Catherine has added another patronage.?

Kensington Palace @KensingtonRoyal 5 minutes ago
The Duchess of Cambridge will visit @UKScouting at Gilwell Park on Thursday 28th March to learn more about the organisation’s new pilot to bring Scouting to younger children.

The visit to Gilwell Park will also celebrate the site’s 100th anniversary year.

The Duchess of Cambridge will visit the Scouts’ headquarters at Gilwell Park on 28th March to learn more about the organisation’s new pilot to bring Scouting to younger children. The visit to Gilwell Park will also celebrate the site’s 100th anniversary year.

In November 2018, the Scouts announced 20 pilots in England to explore the potential of providing Scouting to children between the ages of four and six. Research has shown that the first five years of a child’s life are more pivotal for development, and for future health and happiness, than any other single moment in their lifetime. What a child experiences during its earliest years shapes the development of the brain and influences interactions at school, work and in society. The new pilot will see Scouts test its exciting programme of activities – which currently reaches 473,000 young people between the ages of 6 and 25 in the UK – to younger children, equipping them with the life skills and values of teamwork, leadership and resilience.

2019 also marks the 100th anniversary of Gilwell Park, a site recognised internationally as the home of Scouting. Located on the edge of Epping Forest, it is a Scout campsite, training and adventure centre, and home to the organisation’s UK headquarters. Each year, the Park welcomes thousands of Scouts, schools and youth groups to develop their character skills, including taking the initiative and tenacity; employability skills such as leadership, teamwork and problem solving; and practical skills like cooking and first aid.

The Duchess will join a number of sessions with young children currently taking part in the pilot scheme, including activities to improve communication and teamwork, such as boat building and balloon rocket assembling. A group of Scouts aged 14 to 18 will also show Her Royal Highness a number of Gilwell Park’s iconic features, including the famous Gilwell Oak, named UK Tree of the Year in 2017. Prior to departing, The Duchess will plant an oak sapling to mark the 100th anniversary of Gilwell Park

(Press Release)

Last edited:
I am so happy to hear they're expanding the scouting program in the UK to children 4-6 years old. Years ago, I was a Girl Scout Leader that took on Daisy troop of kindergarten girls and they were simply amazing. Since our kindergarten classes ran either in the morning or the afternoon, we decided to hold our meetings on the school lunch hour so we got the girls coming or going from their daily class.

Scouting is something I'm very happy that Kate has taken on. If she didn't have such a full role in the "Firm", I bet she'd be an excellent troop leader herself. ?

The Duchess of Cambridge has become Patron of the @FoundlingMuseum ahead of her visit to the Museum later today, where she will learn about how the organisation works with art and artists to transform the lives of vulnerable and marginalised young people. (source)

“We are delighted and honoured that Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cambridge has become Patron of the Foundling Museum. We could not imagine a more perfect Patron. We look forward to working with her as we fulfill our mission to inspire people to make a positive impact on society through the arts.”

- Larissa Joy, Chair of Trustees

“The Foundling Museum is thrilled and honoured to receive The Duchess’s patronage. Her support is a huge boost to our transforming the lives of vulnerable young people through the arts.”

- Caro Howell, Director of the Foundling Museum

The Duchess of Cambridge played with scouts today as she made a visit to the Scouts' headquarters at Gilwell Park, Essex and joined them in a den made from twigs and leaves

Reactions: eya
Thanks for the video. Looks like everyone enjoyed the activities today.

The Duchess of Cambridge has become Patron of The Royal Photographic Society.

“Her Majesty The Queen has passed the patronage to The Duchess after having held the role for 67 years. The new patronage has been announced ahead of Her Royal Highness's visit to a photography workshop run by The Royal Photographic Society and Action for Children, which is another of The Duchess’s patronages.”

Read more: https://www.royal.uk/new-patronage-announced-duchess-cambridge-2

The Duchess of Cambridge admires childrens' photographs and participates in a workshop organised by the Royal Photographic Society. The Duchess has succeeded the Queen as Patron of The Royal Photographic Society.

A nice surprise (or for me at least) to see Catherine today! Photography and children are two things she loves so I'm sure this was the perfect engagement for her today.

What a great patronage for Catherine to assume.

I loved seeing her interactions with the children today in the video, so genuine and warm.

Thank you for the videos and photos

HM must be confident that Catherine's enjoyment and interest in photography makes this her the right recipient for her former patronage.?

Last edited by a moderator:
Court Circular 25th June:
Kensington Palace

The Duchess of Cambridge, Patron, Action for Children, and Patron, the Royal Photographic Society, this afternoon visited a photography workshop at Warren Park Children's Centre, Kingston Hill, Kingston upon Thames, and was received by Colonel Jane Davis (Vice Lord-Lieutenant of Greater London).

Last edited:
Today is the 90th anniversary of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists. A great thread from Kensington Palace as well as a lovely tweet from @RCObsGyn:

“We have a proud history of connections with the Royal Family. In 2018, Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cambridge became our second Royal Patron. We are so grateful to HRH whose support helps to raise our profile as a charity championing high-quality women’s healthcare #RCOG90”

* Pic *

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom