The Duchess of Cambridge Charities and Patronages 1: 2011- Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's all down to scheduling. She goes when it's in her diary.

I started thinking too that she had the State Banquet and the upcoming tour so she has probably been busy getting ready with everything involved with that.

I started thinking too that she had the State Banquet and the upcoming tour so she has probably been busy getting ready with everything involved with that.

She and William will attend Wimbledon on Sunday.

I don’t know why Kate’s a patron of quite a few charities, and plummy, glamorous ones at that. She always strikes me as lacklustre and lazy. SportsAid deserves better. My opinion ?

Last edited:
A lot of Kate's charities are umbrella'd under the Royal Foundation and some of them are of personal interest to Kate herself. She does an excellent job with the charities that she has, in my opinion, and one thing that she does not do is intentionally try to call attention to herself but kind of gears things so the attention is where it belongs, on the charities themselves.

One thing too that I would never do is categorize charities that Kate backs as being "glammy and plummy". Ask any parent that has a child in a hospice and they'll tell you its far from being a walk in the park.

I don’t know why Kate’s a patron of quite a few charities, and plummy, glamorous ones at that. She always strikes me as lacklustre and lazy. SportsAid deserves better. My opinion ?

I'm answering in this thread instead of The Duchess's Sports Aid thread since we're veering off from Sports Aid.
As well as Catherine's involvement with childrens hospices, as Osipi pointed out, her involvement with Place2Be (mental health and emotional support services for children), The Art Room (art therapy among other services for children) and Action on Addiction aren't particularly glamorous either. They assist people facing serious issues and problems.

Last edited:
Thanks for moving the conversation to this thread where it belongs.

When we think about it, SportsAid and Kate's involvement with the Scouts fits in with all the charities and patronages you've mentioned. Both William and Harry have youth sports patronages too.

I like to think that these patronages are as important as any of her other ones for the reason being that they all involve children and they promote well being for the child as it grows up. Being involved with healthy activities as a child goes a long way to promote healthy bodies and healthy minds and may prevent issues in the future.

Most all of Kate's patronages are centered on youth. This is one of the three major areas that the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry focuses on with the other two being conservation and the armed forces.

Two new patronages have been announced for The Duchess of Cambridge.

It has been announced that The Duchess of Cambridge will become Patron of the @RCObsGyn and the @NursingNow2020 campaign ahead of her engagements today, where she will learn about and support global health work.

via Kensington Palace Twitter

Last edited:
Love these new patronages for Catherine.

Do they use midwives very much in the U.K.?

LaRae

Do they use midwives very much in the U.K.?

LaRae

Nurse-midwives are an integral part of the health care system in the UK.
They are very well educated and very competent. I would rather have a UK midwife delivery my baby than a general practitioner anyday.

Ok so...when you say general practicioner ...is that the same thing as a GP in the US? Here most women go to a OBGYN for maternal/pregnancy care..that is the doc's specialty. A GP is just a generic doc..kinda like the old style family doctor.

Midwives here in the U.S. are going to vary state by state...in some states it's illegal to use them. It' just been the past 10 years or less in my state midwives can be used..and there is a demand for them. Still they are pretty regulated.

LaRae

Nice video. Catherine meets a midwife who helped deliver Princess Charlotte

She helped deliver both George and Charlotte. Nice reunion for them.

International Development Minister Harriett Baldwin today announced DFID will support the training of nurses and midwives in developing countries, to improve the quality of care, keep their own patients healthy and save more lives.

The support comes as Nursing Now, a three-year global campaign run in collaboration with the International Council of Nurses and the World Health Organization, has been launched to improve health globally by raising the profile and status of nurses worldwide.

Speaking at the launch of Nursing Now at St. Thomas’ Hospital hosted by their Patron, Her Royal Highness the Duchess of Cambridge, in London today, International Development Minister Harriett Baldwin said:
Read more: UK aid supports Nursing Now campaign to empower nurses in the world’s poorest countries

My friend was one of the people who met the Duchess at RCOG today to discuss maternal mental health. So so proud of her and seeing pictures of her opposite the duchess at the table. She has done amazing work helping raise the issue of maternal mental help. I hope the duchess will highlight this issue now she is patron.

Who will replace Catherine to present sprigs of shamrock to members of the Battalion Irish Guards when she begins maternity leave on March 12?

When did they announce her leave starts on March 12th?

LaRae

Who will replace Catherine to present sprigs of shamrock to members of the Battalion Irish Guards when she begins maternity leave on March 12?

The Honorary Colonel of the Irish Guards-William would likely hand them out which he has done in the past.
As far as I know KP has not announced when her maternity leave will begin.

Hello Magazine is not a reliable source about that type of thing.

LaRae

I agree with Pranter that Hello magazine wouldn't be a reliable source for this type of announcement.

I have a more technical question, not really sure where to put it.
This is a thread about Kate’s charities and patronages, is it then really necessary to also have separate threads for each and every one of her particular patronages? She visits some of them maybe once a year and the discussion is quite dragged out and not at all easy to find the info about her work and some of these threads haven't been active since 2016.

Here’s an example of the threads I mention:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...ther-child-mental-health-charities-41721.html
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...n-of-the-national-portrait-gallery-41720.html
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...e-as-patron-of-action-on-addiction-37824.html
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...-aeltc-and-lawn-tennis-association-41719.html
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...-east-anglia-s-children-s-hospices-37816.html
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f269/the-duchess-of-cambridge-as-patron-of-sportsaid-37838.html
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...bridge-as-patron-of-the-1851-trust-41718.html
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...ge-as-royal-patron-of-the-art-room-37821.html

Would it not be more useful and easier for everyone to have one or two threads on her patronages like other royals seem to have?

I agree with Princess Larisa. The same applies to the Duke too.

Actually, there isn't a thread for all of the Duchess (or the Duke's for that matter who for the record has 40) patronages. According to the royal.gov.uk, she has a total of 15 as of now and one expects that number to grow as her duties increase.

Separate threads have been created for specific patronages just because she usually has attended a couple of events per year for these organizations and its easier for TRF members to access if they are looking for something specific. For example, say she attended an event for the National Portrait Gallery and you were looking for a specific event. Are you going to search each of her current events threads of which there are 5 currently but again one expects that number to grow, or will it be easier to look in the thread dedicated to that patronage?

I am going to guess its going to be easier to search that specific thread. But I guess you can't please everyone.

ETA: In the event that a specific patronage is not as active as others, at some point the mod team will than merge the less active thread with this one

Last edited:
Actually, there isn't a thread for all of the Duchess (or the Duke's for that matter who for the record has 40) patronages. According to the royal.gov.uk, she has a total of 15 as of now and one expects that number to grow as her duties increase.

Separate threads have been created for specific patronages just because she usually has attended a couple of events per year for these organizations and its easier for TRF members to access if they are looking for something specific. For example, say she attended an event for the National Portrait Gallery and you were looking for a specific event. Are you going to search each of her current events threads of which there are 5 currently but again one expects that number to grow, or will it be easier to look in the thread dedicated to that patronage?

I am going to guess its going to be easier to search that specific thread. But I guess you can't please everyone.

It was just a suggestion, since Kate seems to be the only royal who has this kind of separation. No need to be curt:sad:, a simple ‘the mods prefer it this way’ would be enough.
For me personally, it’s easier to have everything in one place and just search by date. Especially when she visits more than one patronage in the same day and videos and articles are about all of them together.
Btw, there were several posters who have PMed me agreeing, so it’s not just two people who find it harder this way. But if the mods like it this way that’s fine, it your decision after all:flowers:.

ETA: In the event that a specific patronage is not as active as others, at some point the mod team will than merge the less active thread with this one

Place2Be merged with Kate's patronage The Art Room in January 2018, so those don’t need separate threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom