The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-13-2015, 12:58 PM
Heir Apparent

The Duchess of Cambridge, Patron, 100 Women in Hedge Funds' Philanthropic Initiatives, will attend a reception and Gala Dinner in aid of The Art Room at the Victoria and Albert Museum. Her Royal Highness will attend a reception for a selection of guests and present the 100WHF 2015 European Industry Leadership Award before dinner.

Old 10-21-2015, 09:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

Cepe Smith ‏@CepeSmith 2h2 hours ago
From CC 21/10 The Duchess of Cambridge, Patron, NPG,this afternoon rec'd Dr Nicholas Cullinan upon assuming his appointment as Director.1/2

Cepe Smith ‏@CepeSmith 2h2 hours ago
CC 21/10 HRH Patron Action on Addiction, recd Nick Barton upon relinquishing his appt as Chief Executive and Graham Beech upon assuming appt

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 11-09-2015, 10:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Roya Nikkhah ‏@RoyaNikkhah
The Duchess of Cambridge, patron of @Place2Be will attend Headteacher Conference Nov 18 looking at how schools can help tackle mental health

HRH The Duchess of Cambridge - Royal Patron of Place2Be
Old 11-09-2015, 10:50 AM
Imperial Majesty

Royal Central ‏@RoyalCentral 14m14 minutes ago
Kate will meet Headteachers from schools around the UK as they discuss the key issues surrounding young people’s mental health.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 11-09-2015, 02:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Awesome! ...
Old 11-09-2015, 09:27 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Roya Nikkhah ‏@RoyaNikkhah
The Duchess of Cambridge, patron of @Place2Be will attend Headteacher Conference Nov 18 looking at how schools can help tackle mental health

HRH The Duchess of Cambridge - Royal Patron of Place2Be
Excellent news! This event is right up her alley and I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures and videos.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 11-10-2015, 10:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Sir Ben mentions both W&K but because Catherine is Patron of 1851 Trust I'll post here.

Quote:
Four-time Olympic champion Sir Ben Ainslie has spoken of his desire to get the country behind his ambition to bring the America’s Cup to Britain.

The 38-year-old former Truro School pupil said that gaining the support of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge for his Land Rover BAR team was a boost to the plan to broaden the appeal of sailing.

His comments come as Land Rover BAR announced a £47 million boost for the UK economy created by the 2015 Louis Vuitton America’s Cup World Series (ACWS) held in Portsmouth this July, with a greater boost expected for the second event next summer.

He said the creation of the 1851 Trust, which both he and the Duchess of Cambridge are patrons of, and the Andrew Simpson Sailing Foundation, which encourage youngsters to get involved in sailing, were a major part of the planned legacy from the America’s Cup bid.
Read more: Sir Ben Ainslie hails Prince William and Kate for America’s Cup bid support | Western Morning News
Old 11-18-2015, 12:54 AM
Imperial Majesty

Duchess Kate Blog ‏@HRHDuchesskate 4h4 hours ago
We'll see Kate again tomorrow at the @Place2Be Headteacher Conference.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 11-18-2015, 10:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
The Duchess of Cambridge has called for more to be done to tackle mental health issues in children which could follow them into later life.

In a speech, Kate told a headteacher's conference in London she knew that she was "lucky" to have had a "wonderful and secure childhood".

"I always knew I was loved, valued and listened to. But, of course, many children aren't so lucky," she said.

"Since beginning my work in areas like addiction, I have seen time and time again that the roots of poor mental health in adulthood are almost always present in unresolved childhood challenges."
Read more: Kate on mental health: I was lucky but many children are not - ITV News

Quote:
The Duchess of Cambridge will get involved in discussions with headteachers on what schools can do to tackle mental health problems in young people.

She will attend Place2Be's Headteacher Conference t oday as it brings together senior leaders from partner schools across England, Scotland and Wales to share ideas and expertise on improving understandings of young people's mental health and helping to bu ild emotional resilience in children.

Today's conference marks the c harity's second so far and this year is called My Head is Too Full.
Read more: Kate meets school heads at conference on children's mental health | Daily Mail Online

A speech by The Duchess of Cambridge at the Place2Be Headteacher Conference
Old 11-18-2015, 11:19 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Kate Middleton struggles to contain her locks as she visits London conference | Daily Mail Online
Old 11-18-2015, 11:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
The Duchess of Cambridge told of her "wonderful and secure childhood" as she spoke to headteachers about children's mental health.

Kate said it was the "duty" of parents and teachers to provide young people with safe and happy homes because not all children are as fortunate as her in their early lives.

Speaking at the Place2Be charity's conference for headteachers, she said: "I know that I was lucky. My parents and teachers provided me with a wonderful and secure childhood.

"But not all children are so lucky. Many children, even from stable and happy homes, are finding that their heads are too full."

Read more: The Duchess of Cambridge tells of her 'wonderful and secure childhood' | Western Daily Press
Old 11-18-2015, 12:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
The Duchess of Cambridge has called for more to be done to tackle mental health issues in children which could follow them into later life. In a rare speech, Kate told a headteacher's conference in London she knew that she was "lucky" to have had a "wonderful and secure childhood".

Home - ITNSource News

I like how the young lady in the receiving line at (00:37) gave Catherine a slight curtsy as the Duchess passed by. It's pretty much an old school move these days.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 11-18-2015, 01:34 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

That was a really good speech. Kate seems to be finding her voice and I thought her words were really heartfelt. My only complaint was that her hair was a bit distracting. A hair clip or something would have helped so much. Having said that, I really think she's improved quite a bit from her first speeches and look forward to her future ones.
Old 11-18-2015, 01:45 PM
Heir Apparent

The content of the speech was excellent IMO. I liked the way she drew on her childhood, linked mental health issues with other problems such as addiction and drew on the title of the conference. Well balanced and well delivered.

She has gained in confidence and that can be heard in her voice and the flow of the speech.

These are nerve-wracking events, even for experienced speakers. Good progress and hopefully we will hear more from her.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 11-18-2015, 01:45 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
That was a really good speech. Kate seems to be finding her voice and I thought her words were really heartfelt. My only complaint was that her hair was a bit distracting. A hair clip or something would have helped so much. Having said that, I really think she's improved quite a bit from her first speeches and look forward to her future ones.
I agree fully with this. The speech itself was good, her speaking was improved and more confident. If only not for that little strand of hair that had made it it's mission to poke her eyes! Hopefully she fixes that in the future. But I think she even handled that well today, not showing any nervous giggles or something and just stroke it away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
The content of the speech was excellent IMO. I liked the way she drew on her childhood, linked mental health issues with other problems such as addiction and drew on the title of the conference. Well balanced and well delivered.

She has gained in confidence and that can be heard in her voice and the flow of the speech.

These are nerve-wracking events, even for experienced speakers. Good progress and hopefully we will hear more from her.
Exellently put!
Old 11-18-2015, 02:20 PM
Royal Highness

The Duchess of Cambridge attends Place2Be Headteacher Conference - November 18, 2015.

Kate Middleton struggles to contain her locks as she visits London conference | Daily Mail Online

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...7856230306.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...7856839252.jpg

Video:
The Duchess of Cambridge has called for more to be done to tackle mental health issues in children which could follow them into later life. In a rare speech, Kate told a headteacher's conference in London she knew that she was "lucky" to have had a "wonderful and secure childhood".

Home - ITNSource News
Old 11-18-2015, 05:05 PM
Imperial Majesty

Kate makes pledge to help children with mental health issues in biggest speech as a royal-
Kate Middleton pledges to help children with mental health issues | Royal | News | Daily Express

"Aides said her address was "very much her own" and one of several speeches she is expected to make in the coming months. They also insisted it should not be seen as a comment on claims she was bullied at prep school.

A nervous speaker in her first few attempts since she joined the Royal Family in April 2011, Kate has shown a new confidence in public speaking in her last two engagements."

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 11-18-2015, 10:57 PM
Majesty

I pay attention to the content of the speech and the emotion with which it is delivered and Catherine didn't disappoint with either. She spoke from the heart and drew on her own childhood experience. She smears sad someone who is more than willing to fight for the children who are most vulnerable and are at risk for developing serious issues later in life if their childhood struggles with mental illness are not dealt with. As someone who grew up with depression, I know first hand what it's like to have my feelings dismissed just because I was a child. According to my relatives children weren't supposed to have problems and whatever problems they thought they had weren't important. It would have been such a blessing to have someone like Catherine speaking up for me. I'm so happy to know that other children with similar pain will not be ignore or pushed aside just because they're children and Catherine is making sure that such things don't occur by raising awareness. Good for her.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 12-09-2015, 09:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Place2Be ‏@Place2Be
We are delighted that our Royal Patron HRH The Duchess of Cambridge is @ICAPCharityDay supporting our work @KensingtonRoyal #ICAP

Place2Be ‏@Place2Be
Our Royal Patron HRH The Duchess of Cambridge @ICAPCharityDay listening to children from the Horsenden School Choir

https://twitter.com/Place2Be/status/674557266692055040

Court Circular
Yesterday morning, 8 Dec., The Duchess of Cambridge, Patron, the 1851 Trust, attended a Board Meeting at Kensington Palace
Old 12-16-2015, 12:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Emily Nash ‏@emynash
The Duke of Edinburgh has passed his patronage of RAF Air Cadets to the #DuchessofCambridge during an audience at Buckingham Palace today..

Emily Nash ‏@emynash
Kate becomes Honorary Air Commandant of the Air Cadet Organisation, comprising 42,000 air cadets and 15,000 adult volunteers at 1,200+ units

Emily Nash ‏@emynash
This is #Kate's first role with an official link to the military, but she has close links to the RAF given William's Search and Rescue role.

RAF Air Cadets ‏@aircadets
HRH The Duke of Edinburgh has handed over Air Cadet patronage to HRH Duchess of Cambridge after 63 years as Honorary Air Commodore-in-Chief