The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-02-2013, 10:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Erton View Post
Wonderful article! Again, this is the sort of news I like to read......

Old 05-02-2013, 10:02 PM
Majesty

How delightful! Again, not at all surprising, because it's Catherine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
Oh, what a treat!
My sentiments exactly!

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 06-10-2013, 06:25 AM
Nobility

I am disappointed with how few organisations kate is involved with so far, 92 year old Prince Philip is patrron of over 800 organisations! Hopefully the younger royals will continue to take on more responsibilities and ease the burden on the older royals.
Old 06-10-2013, 06:57 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by royal-blue View Post
I am disappointed with how few organisations kate is involved with so far, 92 year old Prince Philip is patrron of over 800 organisations! Hopefully the younger royals will continue to take on more responsibilities and ease the burden on the older royals.
We have to take into consideration too that Philip has been a full time working royal for as long as his wife has been on the throne. That's 61 years now. Kate's a part time royal. If the Firm is happy with things the way they are, I can't complain.
Old 06-10-2013, 07:06 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
We have to take into consideration too that Philip has been a full time working royal for as long as his wife has been on the throne. That's 61 years now. Kate's a part time royal. If the Firm is happy with things the way they are, I can't complain.
I completely agree that Kate is a new royal and Philip has been around for decades, but I think she is capable of doing much much more. i don't want to sound like one of the Waity Kate bashers on here but I think if she was more like Princess Anne (or even the Queen!) then she would be even more popular.

Probably in the not-too-distant future the Queen and DoE won't be around any more - and there will suddenly be a massive void in the royal workload - over 1000 organisations no longer with Royal patrons, and hundreds of fewer engagements being carried out. The Queen's children are working at full capacity but the younger 3 could be doing much more. I guess we will have to wait and see what happens in the next few years after the baby comes along.

Another solution could be for Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie to be on the royal payroll, but that doesn't seem to be an option.
Old 06-10-2013, 07:13 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by royal-blue View Post
I completely agree that Kate is a new royal and Philip has been around for decades, but I think she is capable of doing much much more. i don't want to sound like one of the Waity Kate bashers on here but I think if she was more like Princess Anne (or even the Queen!) then she would be even more popular.
She is doing much more. She's about to provide the House of Windsor with an heir to the throne. I would bet though that by the time she is as old as the Princess Royal, she'll have a workload as heavy if not heavier. She'll be Queen Consort long before that.
Old 06-10-2013, 08:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Duchess of Cambridge's royal duties will increase over time. Can't really compare her to the veteran royals.

We have to remember that The Queen & Duke of Edinburgh's and other royals official duties also increased over time back in the day. They didn't start out with hundreds of charities and hundreds of official duties. It's a gradual process that takes years to develop.

Catherine will be adding more charitable patronages to her list as time goes on.

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-13-2013, 06:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I also believe that the decision to continue with their patronages needs to be made by HM and the DoE. They'll retire when they are ready.
Old 09-03-2013, 06:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by renauld View Post
I honestly believe Catherine will be one of the greatest assets in the BRF. She has the necessary people skills especially with children to truly make a difference.
Truer words were never spoken.
Old 09-03-2013, 06:46 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by renauld View Post
I honestly believe Catherine will be one of the greatest assets in the BRF. She has the necessary people skills especially with children to truly make a difference.
You said it .

Old 09-04-2013, 12:57 PM
Courtier

It might be a sign she's going to have some visits to her charities in the near future.
Old 09-16-2013, 01:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

RoyalKateDebate ‏@RoyalKateDebate 1h
According to Hello, Kate is planning to join a new Scout group in London

A.W. TOZER
Old 10-09-2013, 12:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess me View Post
Kate Middleton to open Edinburgh arts charity - Edinburgh Evening News

A NEW arts charity is to get the royal seal of approval after it was revealed it will be officially opened by the Duchess of Cambridge.
Scotland’s first branch of charity The Art Room, of which new mum Kate is royal patron, will be based at the Wester Hailes Education Centre (WHEC) from January.
Fantastic. Always look forward to engagements with Catherine and children. They are always magical occasions.
Old 10-09-2013, 10:15 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Fantastic. Always look forward to engagements with Catherine and children. They are always magical occasions.
You and me both. Catherine and children is always a wonderful combination. Never fails to make me smile .

Old 06-23-2014, 09:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

Action on Addiction @ActionAddiction · 9h
We are thrilled HRH The Duchess of Cambridge will be seeing the progress of M-PACT Plus on 1 July @_Place2Be @ClarenceHouse #mpactplus

A.W. TOZER
Old 07-01-2014, 08:22 AM
Imperial Majesty

Kate Middleton LIVE: Updates as Duchess of Cambridge and John Bishop visit school to help addicts' families-
Kate Middleton LIVE: Updates as Duchess of Cambridge and John Bishop visit school to help addicts' families - Mirror Online

Rebecca English @RE_DailyMail · 1h
KP tell me today's visit is a very personal one for Kate, who devised MPACT-Plus which helps kids whose parents have drug & alcohol issues.

Contd.... she has taken a close interest in its progress.

Comic Relief @comicrelief · 27m
The Duchess hears about early support for children, parents and families affected by parental drug & alcohol misuse
https://twitter.com/comicrelief/stat...26360751362049

Duchess of Cambridge looks pretty in pink as she visits London school with John Bishop-
http://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/...th-John-Bishop

Clarence House @ClarenceHouse · 9m
HRH gets an update on the MPACT Plus project which addresses needs of children affected by parental substance misuse
https://twitter.com/ClarenceHouse/st...43108078743552

Curly Kate's pretty in pink! Duchess of Cambridge delights her army of flag-waving young fans during charity visit to London school -
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...ity-visit.html

Video:
The Duchess of Cambridge has visited a school in North London today, to see first-hand the work of a project she launched with comedian John Bishop which helps families affected by addiction-
http://news.itnsource.com/?SearchTer...L,%20ISLINGTON

A.W. TOZER
Old 07-01-2014, 04:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Kate Middleton LIVE: Updates as Duchess of Cambridge and John Bishop visit school to help addicts' families-
Kate Middleton LIVE: Updates as Duchess of Cambridge and John Bishop visit school to help addicts' families - Mirror Online

KP tell me today's visit is a very personal one for Kate, who devised MPACT-Plus which helps kids whose parents have drug & alcohol issues.

The Duchess hears about early support for children, parents and families affected by parental drug & alcohol misuse

Duchess of Cambridge looks pretty in pink as she visits London school with John Bishop-
Kate Middleton is a beauty in pink as she is surrounded by smiling children on school trip | Royal | News | Daily Express

HRH gets an update on the MPACT Plus project which addresses needs of children affected by parental substance misuse

Curly Kate's pretty in pink! Duchess of Cambridge delights her army of flag-waving young fans during charity visit to London school -
Kate Duchess of Cambridge delights school children on charity visit in pink | Mail Online

Video:
The Duchess of Cambridge has visited a school in North London today, to see first-hand the work of a project she launched with comedian John Bishop which helps families affected by addiction-
Home - ITNSource News
Love the photos from the daily Mail. As always, Kate with children is one magical combination.
Old 07-01-2014, 04:43 PM
Imperial Majesty

A.W. TOZER
Old 07-01-2014, 09:57 PM
Majesty

Quote:
This is heart-warming. Thank you for sharing. Definitely put a smile on my face.

Quote:

Kate Middleton is a beauty in pink as she is surrounded by smiling children on school trip | Royal | News | Daily Express

Kate Duchess of Cambridge delights school children on charity visit in pink | Mail Online

Video:
Home - ITNSource News
Catherine is in her element here. Hope she does more engagements where children are involved. She absolutely shines there.

Quote:
Love the photos from the daily Mail. As always, Kate with children is one magical combination.
In full agreement here.

Old 07-30-2014, 01:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

Duchess of Cambridge inspires the next generation-
https://moreforyou.sse.co.uk/commonw.../#.U9fxK9JDt4E

A.W. TOZER