The Duchess of Cambridge Charities and Patronages 1: 2011- Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Catherine is quite handy with a rifle. From People Magazine

“She’s a bit of a hot shot, I can let you know now! She beat the cadets,” Dawn McCafferty, Commandant of the RAF Air Cadets, tells PEOPLE.

Earlier, Kate joined younger cadets learning teamwork and communication drills. “When she joined in the jumping in and out of the ring she was game for a laugh,” says McCafferty. “I sense she has one of those personalities that people feel very relaxed with.

“Even though they’re quite young and possibly under confident, she got them all talking and smiling. That’s a real talent and makes everyone feel at ease.”

Says cadet Sophie Reeve, 14: “She was just an amazing person to be around — such an easy person to talk to.”
Read more: Kate Middleton Is a Hot Shot in Heart Earrings Valentine's Day

Last edited:
i can believe what the cadets said above - kate stikes me as an 'easy to talk to', comfortable to be around kind of person who doesn't take herself too seriously. good for her and nice to hear her guests and visits thought that too! it is a real talent to have, particularly for someone in her position.

:previous: I agree. Catherine to me has always come across as down to earth and natural with the public. She is particularly good with children and other young people; I've noticed.

Well she is a 'regular' person ...she wasn't raised in a royal family....and even the BRF, it seems like William/Harry were exposed to a lot of 'normal' people/situations.

LaRae

Well she is a 'regular' person ...she wasn't raised in a royal family....and even the BRF, it seems like William/Harry were exposed to a lot of 'normal' people/situations.

LaRae

Of course she's a regular person, so being natural around the public will come more easily to her than other members of the BRF (although I think William and Harry are also very natural with the public). That's the very reason why I think she's down to earth. That's all.

LaRae

She's a royal duchess, not many 'regular' people can make such a claim.

I think the point is she's able to connect with people and her charities value her contribution.

Its funny when Harry connects with people its deemed the greatest thing in the world but Catherine's empathy is dismissed

Last edited:
She's a royal duchess, not many 'regular' people can make such a claim.

I think the point is she's able to connect with people and her charities value her contribution.

Its funny when Harry connects with people its deemed the greatest thing in the world but Catherine's empathy is dismissed

It's just a title...a title she was given when she married. It really isn't who she is at the core.

Myself I think she's done great with the public but as I said I'd be surprised if she wasn't considering how she was raised and what her personality appears to be like.

William and Harry are very much seeming to be at ease with the public despite their family and who they are...and I think that's due to the decision their parents made early on to expose them to other walks of life.

LaRae

All royal are regular people, just born or married in different circumstances. They're human before royal.

The Duchess of Cambridge joined young air cadets at RAF Wittering taking part in their first camp.

As the Honorary Air Commandant of the RAF Air Cadets she attended Bedfordshire and Cambridgeshire Wing’s Skill Development Camp and met several cadets experiencing their first camp.

Cadets and RAF Air Cadet instructors led the Duchess through a range of activities including flying training on a simulator, leadership exercises and more.
Read more: HRH The Duchess of Cambridge Joins RAF Air Cadets on Camp - RAF Air Cadets

Catherine to visit the Natural History Museum

Kensington Palace @KensingtonRoyal
The Duchess, Patron @NHM_London, will open the new Hintze Hall on 13 July featuring the new star display – a diving blue whale skeleton

https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/status/880432547913760770

New Event for the Duchess on July 13th. She will open the new Hitze Hall in the Natural History Museum in Londen. She's their Royal Patron.

I suppose this means the Cambridges are in Londen that week, so maybe we'll see them for the Spanish state visit too? When the visit was postponed, Royal reporters said they were due to be involved last time.

July will be very busy with the trip to Germany and Poland, Wimbledon and the State Visit.

Catherine to visit the Natural History Museum

Kensington Palace @KensingtonRoyal

The Duchess, Patron @NHM_London, will open the new Hintze Hall on 13 July featuring the new star display – a diving blue whale skeleton

This could be a George friendly event, wonder if she might bring him?

Most likely if this is an official engagement, she'll be leaving the children at home. I think she'd want to be able to focus all her attention on the reason why she's there rather than be half attentive to the event and half attentive to what her kids are getting up to.

It would also be keeping her professional role separate from her private life.

:previous: That's true (because Charlotte seems to particularly be a little handful!), though Catherine has taken George to the museum before (I do believe his second birthday photos were taken in the museum's butterfly garden?) so it wouldn't be his first time and they have been on engagements with them during tours before. I do think, of course, that it's good to give royal children a more normal life, but at the same time, given George's (in particular) position within the BRF, it would be good to get him into royal engagements; like little Estelle in Sweden.

:previous: That's true (because Charlotte seems to particularly be a little handful!), though Catherine has taken George to the museum before (I do believe his second birthday photos were taken in the museum's butterfly garden?) so it wouldn't be his first time and they have been on engagements with them during tours before. I do think, of course, that it's good to give royal children a more normal life, but at the same time, given George's (in particular) position within the BRF, it would be good to get him into royal engagements; like little Estelle in Sweden.

Many people on the Forum have written similar comments. All I would say is that it is best for the parents to judge what their children can manage, not royal "fans".

Not all royal children are the same by temperament or by the interest they generate.

I do get fed up with people treating them as the same. I do prefer to leave to their parents to decide.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm starting to hate the term "charity" in relation to the Royal Family.

People who are on the receiving end of such munificence do not like to be thought of as "charity" people.

The term "charity" implies a rather distasteful top-down granting of .... whatever the rich giver deigns to part with. "It's charity. Be thankful for this two-day-old parsnip cake."

I'm starting to hate the term "charity" in relation to the Royal Family.

People who are on the receiving end of such munificence do not like to be thought of as "charity" people.

The term "charity" implies a rather distasteful top-down granting of .... whatever the rich giver deigns to part with. "It's charity. Be thankful for this two-day-old parsnip cake."

Couldn't agree more! :flowers: Well said, Leopoldine. It has it's feudal roots, for sure. It's the spoonful of sugar that makes the medicine (poverty, want, economic inequality) go down. :sad: It's a sop.

I've worked in charity organizations. Much prefer equal societies, eyes wide open sharing across the board so that 'charity' is a discipline of the soul/spirit and not a physical-deed pretense of generosity and largesse.

:previous:

In the UK, we have a strong history of giving to those who are in need. The term "Charity" stems from the Christian term for "loving others" - or giving, if you will.

It isn't "top-down" - it isn't the very rich deigning to give to the poor - in the UK its those who have something giving to those in need.

I'm British and I give to charitable causes. Lifeboats (volunteer organisation); local hospice (volunteer organisation); SSAFA (Military) Air Ambulance; specific events ( Grenfell, Floods, etc. etc).

The Royal Family are no different to the rest of the British People. They give financially (that's personal money) or they give time and effort into raising money.

All that is good.

The Duchess of Cambridge Charities and Patronages

Many people on the Forum have written similar comments. All I would say is that it is best for the parents to judge what their children can manage, not royal "fans".

Not all royal children are the same by temperament or by the interest they generate.

I do get fed up with people treating them as the same. I do prefer to leave to their parents to decide.

I wasn't comparing the two. I was simply observing. I don't like royal comparisons either actually. Of course all royal children have different temperaments. George does seem more shy than his Swedish counterpart, but I still stand by my opinion that slowly introducing him to royal engagements would be a good thing.

If you get fed up with certain comments you don't have to read them - just ignore them next time. That's what I do.

Last edited:
Does anyone know why the Duchess of Cambridge has only attended Wimbledon once this year? I assumed that since she is now patron that she would have attended more than just the first day. I am not complaining--just disappointed not to see more of her.

Does anyone know why the Duchess of Cambridge has only attended Wimbledon once this year? I assumed that since she is now patron that she would have attended more than just the first day. I am not complaining--just disappointed not to see more of her.

It's all down to scheduling. She goes when it's in her diary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom