The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-16-2015, 06:45 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by miche View Post
How is going to state the solution to the problems if she doesn't listen and learn from the experts Richard Palmer? Like usual he is making it about himself.

She sounds fine to me, she doesn't sound any different from when Mary read her speech but what do I know, I ain't a teacher #shrug.
It's very important to listen and learn and Catherine is doing just that. I think what Richard is saying, that it would be nice to hear her voicing her passion and concerns for her charities and other organizations that's close to her heart. I happen to agree with him.

She delivered her message very well and I hope her voice continue to raise awareness for Children's Mental Health. The more she voice her concerns, the more awareness she can bring to great causes like this.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 02-16-2015, 07:06 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
She is still barely able to deliver a verbal message to a Year 8 standard. Sounds false - of course - but I expect that from her now as she really has no connect with people at all.

She needs to actually get a voice coach, and have some public speaking lessons as she is so stilted it is excruciating trying to listen to her.

I would grade that speech a low C if marking a Year 8, high C from a Year 7 and an F from anyone from Year 9 upwards (Year 9 here are around 14 - 15 year olds).

Good cause.
I usually just read, but felt I needed to comment on this. The Duchess of Cambridge isn't in school and it's beyond ridiculous to grade as if she is. She is making a public appeal about an issue that she feels strongly about and which she felt needed a direct approach rather than just showing up and smiling for the cameras. Her speech was excellent and her delivery was flawless IMO. William, who has been in the public spotlight his entire life couldn't have done much better. It just goes to show that certain people will never give her any credit no matter what she does. I don't get it.

Old 02-16-2015, 07:14 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by texankitcat View Post
I usually just read, but felt I needed to comment on this. The Duchess of Cambridge isn't in school and it's beyond ridiculous to grade as if she is. She is making a public appeal about an issue that she feels strongly about and which she felt needed a direct approach rather than just showing up and smiling for the cameras. Her speech was excellent and her delivery was flawless IMO. William, who has been in the public spotlight his entire life couldn't have done much better. It just goes to show that certain people will never give her any credit no matter what she does. I don't get it.
Can't get too upset about it. Catherine will never be able to fully satisfy everyone. Her direct approach is much better, I think. I just hope she continue to do things like this, because I think her voice should be heard more.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 02-16-2015, 07:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Information on Kate's private visit to Bethlem and Maudsley Hospital School

Duchess of Cambridge visits South London and Maudsley - South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust.
3 hours? Wow- this woman is amazing!
Old 02-16-2015, 07:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
She is still barely able to deliver a verbal message to a Year 8 standard. Sounds false - of course - but I expect that from her now as she really has no connect with people at all.

She needs to actually get a voice coach, and have some public speaking lessons as she is so stilted it is excruciating trying to listen to her.

I would grade that speech a low C if marking a Year 8, high C from a Year 7 and an F from anyone from Year 9 upwards (Year 9 here are around 14 - 15 year olds).

Good cause.

I disagree with this entire post except the last statement about it being a good cause.

I thought that she delivered the message clearly and concisely without hesitation, which is always a problem when using autocue (I'm assuming that's what she was doing). Great eye contact directly to the camera.

She has also worked at improvement as comparison with the hospice video, done 2013, shows.

She is gaining in confidence all the time and it shows.

I've coached people on public speaking. She's doing great.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 02-16-2015, 07:43 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
I disagree with this entire post except the last statement about it being a good cause.

I thought that she delivered the message clearly and concisely without hesitation, which is always a problem when using autocue (I'm assuming that's what she was doing). Great eye contact directly to the camera.

She has also worked at improvement as comparison with the hospice video, done 2013, shows.

She is gaining in confidence all the time and it shows.

I've coached people on public speaking. She's doing great.
I agree. You can detect nervousness, but to me it just makes her seem human and not robotic. It also wouldn't be her to talk over passionately and such. She is a calm woman and it would just seem forced/condescending if she sounded to enthusiastic.
Old 02-16-2015, 07:55 PM
Majesty

Video Report:
Bullying, bereavement and family breakdown are affecting mental health in children as young as five, the Duchess of Cambridge has warned-

Kate calls for action against 'stigma' of childhood mental health issues - ITV News

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 02-16-2015, 08:43 PM
Majesty

I think Catherine does just fine when speaking publicly, and especially when connecting with people. She's bringing light to a very important cause, and it's obvious she cares about it quite deeply. I think her passion will come across through her actions, which is so much more important.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 02-16-2015, 10:28 PM
Heir Apparent

I thought that her delivery in this public service announcement was very good. She sounded serious and natural.
Old 02-16-2015, 11:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
I thought that her delivery in this public service announcement was very good. She sounded serious and natural.
I agree with your interpretation
Old 02-17-2015, 12:45 AM
Courtier

The important thing is she did it. Good for her.
The more she does the better she will become

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 02-17-2015, 12:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
I think Catherine does just fine when speaking publicly, and especially when connecting with people. She's bringing light to a very important cause, and it's obvious she cares about it quite deeply. I think her passion will come across through her actions, which is so much more important.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Agreed! That, and the fact that she stayed 3 hours, and that mother's tweet tells me all I need to know. She cares. Who cares about a speech?
Old 02-17-2015, 12:35 PM
Serene Highness

Place2Be ‏@Place2Be
200K people watched our new video! http://ow.ly/JbhKD @KensingtonRoyal #ChildrensMHW

Quote:
In less than 36 hours, our 'Children's Mental Health Week' video recorded by our Royal Patron, HRH The Duchess of Cambridge, has been viewed over 200,000 times!

We'd like to say an enormous thank you to everyone who is sharing, tweeting, and posting by having more open conversations about children's mental health, we can all help change attitudes and protect children from more complex and serious problems when they reach adulthood.

Please continue to share it with your friends, families and networks throughout 'Children's Mental Health Week'!
Old 02-17-2015, 12:37 PM
Heir Apparent

That's awesome! The Catherine effect!
Old 02-17-2015, 12:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Shows to go ya that its not so much in the delivery but what's in the message and from what I've seen, there's been an awesome response.
Old 02-17-2015, 01:03 PM
Heir Apparent

What is in the message, and who says it. Very true, Osipi!
Old 02-17-2015, 01:07 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Shows to go ya that its not so much in the delivery but what's in the message and from what I've seen, there's been an awesome response.
I agree, Catherine's message is reaching a great deal of people and that's the most important thing. Catherine can use her passion and voice to do some amazing things. I hope she continue to voice her concerns more often now.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 02-17-2015, 01:31 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

This is a great cause and I'm glad that Kate is involved and bringing more attention to it.

I think her delivery is fine. When I look back at her other video speeches, I can really see how much she has improved.
Old 02-17-2015, 01:50 PM
Serene Highness

Its really amazing the fan base Kate has on social media. Everything she does gets retweeted and shared thousands of times.

Its no wonder her charities love her so much
Old 02-17-2015, 01:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Its really amazing the fan base Kate has on social media. Everything she does gets retweeted and shared thousands of times.

Its no wonder her charities love her so much
Although a large percentage of her fan base comes mostly from interest in fashion and what she wears, it still serves as a springboard to getting her message out to the general population the more serious aspects that Kate is trying to call attention to. Its a win win situation in my book.