The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-12-2015, 01:05 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

If the day had consisted of her mainly participating in arts and crafts, I would definitely be questioning her decision to wear white. But since the paining was such a tiny part of one event, the white coat was fine.

Old 02-12-2015, 01:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
A tweet from a parent

Sam @Saml77 · Feb 10
@KensingtonRoyal HRH Duchess of Cambridge visited Bethlem & Maudsley hospital school today. She met my daughter.Thank you for making her year
That makes me teary- eyed.

Old 02-12-2015, 01:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Wonderful pictures- especially of the Duchess and the little girl with the bouquet.
Old 02-12-2015, 01:52 PM
Serene Highness

The full story of The Duchess of Cambridge's visit - The Duchess of Cambridge Gets Inside Track on British America’s Cup Challenge

Ben Ainslie RacingThe Duchess of Cambridge Gets Inside Track on British America’s Cup Challenge -
Quote:
Ben Ainslie Racing (BAR) and the 1851 Trust were today delighted to host a visit from The Duchess of Cambridge, the Trust’s Royal Patron.

The Duchess received the inside track on the team’s progress and was privy to some of the secret technology that will not only give the team the competitive edge in the upcoming 35th America’s Cup, but also be adapted for the BAR Visitor Centre. This will be run by the 1851 Trust at BAR’s Portsmouth HQ and will show not only why STEM matters, but STEM in action.

The Duchess was introduced to BAR’s Design Team, who shared the innovative technology behind the America’s Cup racing, introduced some of the advanced technologies the team have in development and gave an update on the timeline and build schedule, between now and the final racing event in 2017.
Old 02-12-2015, 03:57 PM
Majesty

Video:
The Duchess of Cambridge undertook her first public engagement since returning from her holiday in Mustique on Thursday. The pregnant Duchess joined Sir Ben Ainslie in Portsmouth to visit the site of Ben Ainslie Racing and the 1851 Trust headquarters. Dressed in a cream MaxMara coat, Kate looked tanned and radiant as she toured the sailing facility. She then visited Spinnaker Tower, meeting local community leaders this afternoon and viewing the display items in the viewing platform. .

Home - ITNSource News

I like how officials were looking out for Catherine when she tried the sailing winch simulator. She seemed to enjoy it a bit too much and had to remind herself that she's expecting, lol.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 02-12-2015, 04:46 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

HRH The Duchess of Cambridge in Portsmouth today

Belga Pictures

Belga Image - Editorial
Old 02-12-2015, 04:59 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Video:
The Duchess of Cambridge undertook her first public engagement since returning from her holiday in Mustique on Thursday. The pregnant Duchess joined Sir Ben Ainslie in Portsmouth to visit the site of Ben Ainslie Racing and the 1851 Trust headquarters. Dressed in a cream MaxMara coat, Kate looked tanned and radiant as she toured the sailing facility. She then visited Spinnaker Tower, meeting local community leaders this afternoon and viewing the display items in the viewing platform. .

Home - ITNSource News

I like how officials were looking out for Catherine when she tried the sailing winch simulator. She seemed to enjoy it a bit too much and had to remind herself that she's expecting, lol.
Haha, I love that she forgot she was pregnant :P Just because the whole world is focused on her bump every time she steps out doesn't mean she is thinking about it all the time :P
Old 02-12-2015, 05:07 PM
Royal Highness

I like the story about the high visibility vests. Kate, George and Lupo all got one but none for Wills. You know he like - hey future King here, where is my vest. 😛

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 02-12-2015, 06:56 PM
Serene Highness

Video from today
Old 02-12-2015, 07:06 PM
Majesty

Catherine looks so lovely, and happy. She's glowing. It's delightful to see her so hands-on, and painting with the children.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 02-12-2015, 07:09 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
That makes me teary- eyed.

My reaction as well.

Old 02-12-2015, 10:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
I like the story about the high visibility vests. Kate, George and Lupo all got one but none for Wills. You know he like - hey future King here, where is my vest. 😛
Perhaps Will is very bad at being the seeker playing hide and seek and the vests will make it a tad easier for him. Or perhaps his trusty white steed's eyesight is going south on him. There could be all kinds of reasons Will's family will need to wear the vest.

I wonder how long its going to be before George catches on to this stuff and ask his parents "What did you bring me home from work today?"
Old 02-13-2015, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
Catherine looks so lovely, and happy. She's glowing. It's delightful to see her so hands-on, and painting with the children.

She DOES look lovely, doesn't she? She's glowing with good health and energy. It looks as if the vacation did wonders for her, she seems very relaxed. She's finally settled into the pregnancy, and I hope the rest of it goes as well for her.
Old 02-13-2015, 07:44 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Perhaps Will is very bad at being the seeker playing hide and seek and the vests will make it a tad easier for him. Or perhaps his trusty white steed's eyesight is going south on him. There could be all kinds of reasons Will's family will need to wear the vest.

I wonder how long its going to be before George catches on to this stuff and ask his parents "What did you bring me home from work today?"
Do you think they take it home and use it? I would think they just save it with all their other gifts unless it's something extra. Although, that soccer shirt she said William wouldn't like... I can see her putting it on George just to tease William :P
Old 02-13-2015, 10:08 AM
Serene Highness

Lovely, nice and sweet: The verdict in Portsmouth on the Duchess of Cambridge - Portsmouth News
Quote:
Liam Evens, 12, is in Year 8 at Charter Academy in Southsea.

He said: ‘At first I was scared. I was excited to meet her because she’s the future Queen.

‘When I did meet her I realised that she was a bit more relaxed than I thought she would be and she’s a nice person.

‘She asked me what paintings I painted and she complimented them.

‘It’s nice that the future Queen has spoken to me because meeting someone important makes you feel good inside.’

Abigail Hopkins, 12, in Year 8, said: ‘I felt proud because it was a 
once-in-a -lifetime experience and I felt special because of how important she is to us.’

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Joanna Bryce is the head of art at Charter Academy.

She said: ‘It was a brilliant experience for the children, a 
once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for them to showcase their work and to meet the Duchess of Cambridge so they were very excited.

‘She was lovely. She was very polite.

‘I think the children were a little bit shell-shocked and a little bit nervous about meeting her but she was extremely lovely to talk to and polite and great with the kids.’

Ms Bryce said the children have enjoyed painting the mural.

‘They loved it. They’re very proud of it. They’re very proud to show it off and talk about the bits that they contributed to.’

Chloe Larcom, 15, is a Year 11 pupil at Park Community School in Leigh Park.
She said: ‘It was amazing. I was excited. Everyone kept saying that she’s kind and lovely and it’s true, she is.’
Old 02-14-2015, 01:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post

The woman has a smile and laugh that lights up the room. It's kept me smiling for days. I'm sure Wednesday will be the same. Will take all I can get. Can never have enough.
Old 02-14-2015, 06:03 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
The woman has a smile and laugh that lights up the room. It's kept me smiling for days. I'm sure Wednesday will be the same. Will take all I can get. Can never have enough.
Pretty much. What I really like is the fact that Catherine always gives off the vibe that she wants to be at whatever engagement she's doing. She's smiling, engaging with those around her, and listening with her heart.

Old 02-15-2015, 07:48 PM
Serene Highness

Duchess of Cambridge records video message urging 'early action' for children struggling with mental health issues | Daily Mail Online
Quote:
The Duchess of Cambridge has delivered a rare video address to highlight the importance of children's problems to prevent them getting worse in later life.

In the message, recorded to support the UK's first Children's Mental Health Week, Kate, 33, says that she and her husband the Duke of Cambridge have seen how many children struggle to cope with bullying, bereavement, family breakdown and other issues, which can lead to depression, anxiety, addiction and self-harm.

The mother-of-one said the stigma around mental health means that many children do not get the help they so badly need, and this needs to change.

She made the comments in an online video for Place2Be, which provides emotional help and support in schools.

Kate, who has been royal patron of the charity since 2013, said: 'Through Place2Be I have seen the benefits of offering children support for their mental health in the safety of the school environment,' says Kate, who has been royal patron of the charity since 2013.

'Both William and I sincerely believe that early action can prevent problems in childhood from turning into larger ones later in life.'
Old 02-15-2015, 07:53 PM
Nobility

Nice. I might be blind, but can you see it somewhere yet?
Old 02-15-2015, 08:09 PM
Heir Apparent

it's here

Kate releases video message for Children’s Mental Health Week

It is a great message and she delivers it so well.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,