The Duchess of Cambridge as Patron of Place2Be & Other Child Mental Health Charities

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
catherine look absolutly beautiful the last three times!!!!! She was loverly in windsor!!!!!! I can't wait until de baby born! she is really very very beautiful!

What she suppose to do put a cushion under her dress. :lol:

Some have argued that that's exactly what she's doing - there are people who are determined that Catherine isn't really pregnant and is faking it, while a surrogate carries the actual baby. A similar argument was made in 1688 when the Old Pretender was born.

Oh my goodness, are they kidding or what? I cant believe that such nonsense is going around out there. Please, Catherine is faking it? A surrogate is carrying the child? What else will people come up with, oh I know, maybe its not Williams baby and its really Harry who is the father. Thats a good one I thought. :)

Unfortunately, some truly believe that Catherine is not actually pregnant and carries a pillow under her clothes.
Its ridiculous right? And its even more stupid, when a picture of her with a growing bump on the beach (the last time Catherine&William went for a brief vacation) got leaked in the internet proving that she's actually pregnant, yet those ignorants still say she isn't.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kate Middleton pregnant: Duchess of Cambridge dresses the royal bump in designer baby blue dress as she visits National Portrait Gallery | Mail Online

Blooming Kate dresses the ever-so-tidy royal bump in designer baby blue dress as she visits National Portrait Gallery

What does that mean? What is a "tidy" baby bump? Is this another word meaning "too small"??

Kate's small baby bump looked more obvious than ever in the stunning gown, which had a demure neckline but was daringly low at the back.

This journalist needs to get out more!!

The last picture as she is driving away is one of the best I've seen.

The color of her dress really made her engagement ring stand out.

'Daringly low' is so far from the truth! Wow! Yes, this journalist needs to get out more, and get his/her eyes checked too. Catherine looks lovely, and there's nothing immodest about her appearance.

Catherine and children is always one great combination.

I wish that every journalist and newspaper column writer and radio and TV announcer world would forget they had ever heard the expression "baby bump". I am so, so sick of reading it and hearing it.

We all know what's going on in a pregnant woman's abdomen and we're all going to look at it; we don't need to have our attention drawn to it with comments made about its shape and size.

I personally think that the Royal Baby Birther Movement is very funny. Who knew that this baby would have so much in common with Blue Ivy Carter and Barack Obama?

In other news, I loved the blue dress she wore this evening - really lovely.

More recently, there were strong rumors that Beyonce was faking her pregnancy (to the extent that she had to deny it several times), so I think that might be a new go-to rumor for blogs, etc.

Same thing happened to Katie Holmes; has any celebrity been caught faking a pregnancy?

It's all about women putting down other women.

Oh, the Daily Mail. I'm beginning to think that whole publication was conceived as a sadistic tool to crush the souls of aspiring journalists.

Can you imagine how utterly soul killing it would be to have to come up with things like "Blooming Kate dresses the ever-so-tidy royal bump" blah blah blah for a living?

I'm fairly certain I'd commit seppuku with my pen before I let something like that go out under my name.

It's all about women putting down other women.

That is so true.

From what I've seen, celebs who've gone the adoption or surrogate route have been pretty open about it. Neither route would be open to William and Catherine if they wanted their child to inherit, which when coupled with the fact that there were rumors pre-pregnancy that they were having problems conceiving (because, evidently, if you don't conceive the second you're married you have to be having problems), and the fact that Catherine is still maintaining her pre-pregnancy wardrobe and shoe style makes people go "she can't be pregnant!" Oh, that and the fact that she's not the same size as Kim Kardashian (who meanwhile is being slammed for being too fat).

The same tabloids that had Kate pregnant before the marriage are also the same one that claim Dying Queen to name William King and Evil Camilla plotting against Kate. There is no reason for W&K to fake a pregnancy. We have 2 heirs already. It isn't like when Princess Charlotte died in childbirth and the sons of George III had to race to get a legitimate heir thus Victoria. They said the same thing about Beyonce. If the Cambridges didn't get pregnant after the Canadian tour (unlikely with Wills spending early 2012 in the Falklands), the next window was after the South Pacific tour since they weren't going to do it in the summer with the jubilee and Olympics

I've gotten used to the term "baby bump", but sometimes the way in which it's used really irks me. I frequently see headlines along the lines of "Kim Kardashian takes her baby bump shopping!" And I'm thinking, well what else was she going to do with it, leave it at home? It's not a fashion accessory, lol.

The use of the term "baby bump" in that way- as something a woman brings along as an accessory or something separate from her body- it goes along with the whole idea of treating a pregnancy like it's something that's separate from the woman going through it.

It's really ugly and it does reduce pregnant women to walking uteri, like akina21 said.

...criticism of Kate's small stomach is annoying a juvenile.
As for the "baby bump" it doesn't bother me but I do get the argument from those who are tired of it; as for me I'm tired of cougar. Actually I've always hated cougar.

A big part of the reason Kate's figure hasn't changed much through her pregnancy is because she is so tall and lean normally.

With my first child I didn't wear maternity clothes until I was into my 7th month (same with my 2nd)...I am 5'5. Some women carry more inward (for lack of a better word) than others.

LaRae

I am reminded of Hilary Mantell's article and I have to say she has been proven to be correct. Catherine is being defined by her ability to get pregnant; her pregnancy; her shape; and what she wears.

So much stuff ( actually not the first word that I thought of but don't want to get banned ), written about everything other than her causes. And if they don't make progress, some dirty little rag like the DM will creep out of the **** and blame her for it.

And the DM pilloried Hilary for what she said. So sad.

Of course they pilloried her- what else could they do? Have an introspective moment and try to write more objective content that doesn't appeal to those who read and think at a third grade level?

Unlikely for the Mail.

And yes, I don't believe anything's been written about Catherine since she got pregnant that doesn't mention her pregnancy. It's being treated as the only notable thing about her.

Yes, there is more to The Duchess of Cambridge than what she wears. She seem to be a bright young woman who's has thrown herself into her royal duties and using her royal status to champion very worthy causes like Action on Addiction, The Art Room and East Anglia's Children's Hospice.

She's also a great support to William, The Queen and the royal family. I remember people used to criticize her (still do) for not being born royal or within an aristocratic family and thought she wouldn't be able to handle being William's wife and being royal, I think she has proven them all wrong. I think Catherine is doing a excellent job and shaping her role as a future Princess of Wales and Queen Consort.

The media is something else and needs a prayer but I think it's up to royal correspondents, royal watchers and royal bloggers to focus on what's really important.

With my first child I didn't wear maternity clothes until I was into my 7th month (same with my 2nd)...I am 5'5. Some women carry more inward (for lack of a better word) than others.
I am also long waisted which, besides height, are prime reasons for not showing early and also received many comments on how I wasn't too big. That all changed in the last 2-3 months!
Not just Catherine is characterized by her pregnancy, all obviously pregnant women receive I would wager at least some sort of comment or touch by otherwise civil people.
I have been impressed with her devotion and focus during her engagements and her obvious good humor. The BRF and William are lucky indeed!
Is this her last week of engagments?

As for Hilary Mantel, I am of the camp who believes they deliberately misunderstood what she said because she criticized the media. Then they took snippets of her speech and spread it around to make people who wouldn't read the entire thing angry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom