The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-24-2013, 08:52 PM
Imperial Majesty

It's all about women putting down other women.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 04-24-2013, 09:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Oh, the Daily Mail. I'm beginning to think that whole publication was conceived as a sadistic tool to crush the souls of aspiring journalists.

Can you imagine how utterly soul killing it would be to have to come up with things like "Blooming Kate dresses the ever-so-tidy royal bump" blah blah blah for a living?

I'm fairly certain I'd commit seppuku with my pen before I let something like that go out under my name.

Old 04-24-2013, 09:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
It's all about women putting down other women.
That is so true.

From what I've seen, celebs who've gone the adoption or surrogate route have been pretty open about it. Neither route would be open to William and Catherine if they wanted their child to inherit, which when coupled with the fact that there were rumors pre-pregnancy that they were having problems conceiving (because, evidently, if you don't conceive the second you're married you have to be having problems), and the fact that Catherine is still maintaining her pre-pregnancy wardrobe and shoe style makes people go "she can't be pregnant!" Oh, that and the fact that she's not the same size as Kim Kardashian (who meanwhile is being slammed for being too fat).
Old 04-24-2013, 09:28 PM
Heir Apparent

The same tabloids that had Kate pregnant before the marriage are also the same one that claim Dying Queen to name William King and Evil Camilla plotting against Kate. There is no reason for W&K to fake a pregnancy. We have 2 heirs already. It isn't like when Princess Charlotte died in childbirth and the sons of George III had to race to get a legitimate heir thus Victoria. They said the same thing about Beyonce. If the Cambridges didn't get pregnant after the Canadian tour (unlikely with Wills spending early 2012 in the Falklands), the next window was after the South Pacific tour since they weren't going to do it in the summer with the jubilee and Olympics
Old 04-24-2013, 09:51 PM
Gentry

She put on clothes like any normal person , she happens to be pregnant but she's not a uterus with legs .

And I LOATH the term baby bump
Old 04-24-2013, 09:58 PM
Courtier

I've gotten used to the term "baby bump", but sometimes the way in which it's used really irks me. I frequently see headlines along the lines of "Kim Kardashian takes her baby bump shopping!" And I'm thinking, well what else was she going to do with it, leave it at home? It's not a fashion accessory, lol.
Old 04-24-2013, 10:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

The use of the term "baby bump" in that way- as something a woman brings along as an accessory or something separate from her body- it goes along with the whole idea of treating a pregnancy like it's something that's separate from the woman going through it.

It's really ugly and it does reduce pregnant women to walking uteri, like akina21 said.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

...criticism of Kate's small stomach is annoying a juvenile.
As for the "baby bump" it doesn't bother me but I do get the argument from those who are tired of it; as for me I'm tired of cougar. Actually I've always hated cougar.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 04-24-2013, 11:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

A big part of the reason Kate's figure hasn't changed much through her pregnancy is because she is so tall and lean normally.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:43 PM
Heir Apparent

With my first child I didn't wear maternity clothes until I was into my 7th month (same with my 2nd)...I am 5'5. Some women carry more inward (for lack of a better word) than others.

LaRae
Old 04-25-2013, 07:24 PM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

More photogalleries

"Lehtikuva" Kate hyväntekeväisyys-tilaisuudessa National Portrait Galleryssä | Lehtikuva | lehtikuva.fi

"Pure People" Kate Middleton : Enfin une vraie robe de grossesse, en l'honneur de The Art Room
Old 04-25-2013, 07:39 PM
Heir Apparent

I am reminded of Hilary Mantell's article and I have to say she has been proven to be correct. Catherine is being defined by her ability to get pregnant; her pregnancy; her shape; and what she wears.

So much stuff ( actually not the first word that I thought of but don't want to get banned ), written about everything other than her causes. And if they don't make progress, some dirty little rag like the DM will creep out of the **** and blame her for it.

And the DM pilloried Hilary for what she said. So sad.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 04-25-2013, 07:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Of course they pilloried her- what else could they do? Have an introspective moment and try to write more objective content that doesn't appeal to those who read and think at a third grade level?

Unlikely for the Mail.

And yes, I don't believe anything's been written about Catherine since she got pregnant that doesn't mention her pregnancy. It's being treated as the only notable thing about her.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:07 PM
Imperial Majesty

Yes, there is more to The Duchess of Cambridge than what she wears. She seem to be a bright young woman who's has thrown herself into her royal duties and using her royal status to champion very worthy causes like Action on Addiction, The Art Room and East Anglia's Children's Hospice.

She's also a great support to William, The Queen and the royal family. I remember people used to criticize her (still do) for not being born royal or within an aristocratic family and thought she wouldn't be able to handle being William's wife and being royal, I think she has proven them all wrong. I think Catherine is doing a excellent job and shaping her role as a future Princess of Wales and Queen Consort.

The media is something else and needs a prayer but I think it's up to royal correspondents, royal watchers and royal bloggers to focus on what's really important.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 04-25-2013, 10:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
With my first child I didn't wear maternity clothes until I was into my 7th month (same with my 2nd)...I am 5'5. Some women carry more inward (for lack of a better word) than others.
I am also long waisted which, besides height, are prime reasons for not showing early and also received many comments on how I wasn't too big. That all changed in the last 2-3 months!
Not just Catherine is characterized by her pregnancy, all obviously pregnant women receive I would wager at least some sort of comment or touch by otherwise civil people.
I have been impressed with her devotion and focus during her engagements and her obvious good humor. The BRF and William are lucky indeed!
Is this her last week of engagments?
Old 04-27-2013, 11:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

As for Hilary Mantel, I am of the camp who believes they deliberately misunderstood what she said because she criticized the media. Then they took snippets of her speech and spread it around to make people who wouldn't read the entire thing angry.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 04-28-2013, 01:38 AM
Courtier

Height is not the only thing to take into consideration, but also one's general build and health. Kate is not only quite a bit taller, but also of a more slender build. Add to that the fact that every pregnancy itself is different. It's a delicate subject to address because there are so many different factors at play, and there's only so much a woman can actually control.
Old 04-28-2013, 09:44 PM
Serene Highness

I for one think that Catherine looks great for being so pregnant now...I think it has to do with body type and the amount of care that is taken with the body during this time. As for this thread being about the current events of the Duchess, I do not think a discussion about how she looks at this stage of her pregnancy is relevent. Im sure there is a specific thread for that. Shall we continue?
Old 10-09-2013, 09:50 AM
Imperial Majesty

Very good news indeed. I'm looking forward to the opening and the purpose of The Art Room being established in Scotland.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 01-31-2014, 07:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Another engagement - 14th February

Roya Nikkhah ‏@RoyaNikkhah
Duchess of Cambridge has a Valentine's Day engagement opening the ICAP Art Room at Northolt High School, Ealing and watching an art session.

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail
Kensington Palace says HRH will meet staff & pupils, experience a short Art Room session and officially open the facility on Valentine's Day

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,