The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-21-2012, 01:53 PM
Serene Highness

Did anyone else notice her habit of carrying her handbag and/or placing her hands directly below her waist? I'm not trying to make an issue of it ... just something that I've noticed she does.

Old 02-21-2012, 02:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Video time!
Video: Duchess of Cambridge meets students of art therapy charity - Telegraph
Video: Irish designer Orla Kiely to get the Kate bounce after Duchess wears one of her dresses - Fashion, Independent Woman - Independent.ie
Video Clip : Kate's Arrival at Oxford Spires School - Princess Diana Remembered

For the record on her apron it read " Miss Catherine" you can see it best here: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Z4M6JsEIwB.../s1600/kju.jpg

Old 02-21-2012, 02:55 PM
Majesty

She's doing a great job yet again. I love the apron, and the teacher-y feel of the atmosphere of her visit. This is yet more evidence that she would have done great as a primary school/special ed. teacher. Love how involved she was with a little boy at the primary school. He was so happy, and probably got a confidence boost .

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 02-21-2012, 04:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

perfect, absolutly perfect! I cant wait to see her in an official act with the queen!
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 02-21-2012, 04:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Another video

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
I read that Jamie Lowther-Pinkerton had to draw Kate away from her walkabouts last week as they were behind schedule. Kate seemed to want to greet as many people as possible, but it was just taking so long.

It wouldn't surprise me if she was trying her bet to keep better time this week.
Yeah that sounds about right. I can't member what video it was but someone last week said that Catherine told them she often gets in trouble cause she takes too long with meet and greets but she told the person that she can't help herself she just wants to meet as many people as possible.

I just wanted to address something, as someone who has met a royal I can say atleast from my experience that they tell them to whom to go and speak with. I know with me they told Camilla when she arrived to come to me and to get the flowers and speak to me and just by watching the footage it sorta seems like those 2 boys in the red shirts were pointed out to Kate by the teacher as well as one's who had flowers for her. Anyways I'm just speaking from my own experience idk.

Skynews video:http://catherines--world.tumblr.com/post/18019476410
Old 02-21-2012, 05:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

What was Kate's appearance about today? There's so many videos and pictures but I seem to have skated over what the event and appearance was for.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 02-21-2012, 05:30 PM
Heir Apparent

She visited schools in Oxford as part of being patron the charity The Art Room

Quote:
"Only v young, some of the children are not quite sure who Kate is , but all happily recall ’ the lady who had the big wedding last year ‘"- via Mr Regal Eyes
One of my fave pics from today: http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lz...thv5o1_400.jpg

I LOVE this video http://video.msnbc.msn.com/nightly-n...0068/#46470068

Yet another video filmed by a student

One more:http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1291461.html
Old 02-21-2012, 06:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Love the video of Kate from today, she really is fitting into her royal role so well IMO!
Old 02-21-2012, 07:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks so much again, Ghost Night, and to everyone else who posted such lovely videos. It's so nice to hear Kate's voice with such clarity; she sounds very charming and sweet to the children. And how cute is her "Miss Catherine" pinny. I love it!
Old 02-21-2012, 07:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Your welcome! I found some more good articles
http://www.southwalesguardian.co.uk/...charity_chief/
http://www.oxfordtimes.co.uk/news/yo...ds/?ref=twtrec
Kate gets a Duchess doggie bag - and reveals new puppy's name | The Sun |News

Found this video which I quite liked
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17113212
Old 02-21-2012, 10:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thanx for all the links ghost_night, hope it isn't too tiring and tedious for you. Watching one of those videos also told me that the purpose of The Art Room was to help kids who have different kinds of problems. I don't think the Art Room would have helped me when I was young because I sucked in every version of Arts and Crafts.
Old 02-21-2012, 10:45 PM
Heir Apparent

More lovely videos, Ghost Night, many thanks! I really like that Kate is sponsoring a smaller, low-profile organization; it helps to put these types of charities on the front burner and give them the attention they really deserve.
Old 02-21-2012, 10:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
Thanx for all the links ghost_night, hope it isn't too tiring and tedious for you. Watching one of those videos also told me that the purpose of The Art Room was to help kids who have different kinds of problems. I don't think the Art Room would have helped me when I was young because I sucked in every version of Arts and Crafts.
Your welcome I love doing it! Ya I have to agree with that sentiment I cannot for the life of me do any types of arts and crafts. For Christ sake I still draw stick figures
Old 02-21-2012, 10:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
Your welcome I love doing it! Ya I have to agree with that sentiment I cannot for the life of me do any types of arts and crafts. For Christ sake I still draw stick figures

I can't draw a straight line, even when I have a ruler.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:12 PM
Majesty

Ghost_Night, thank you so much for the videos ! I'm happy to see her giving attention to a charity that deals with kids who have special needs. Those are the ones who need as many advocates as they can get.

Add me to those who are hopeless in art. I think being in something like this as a child would have probably given me a reason to act out and not want to participate. I actually threw tantrums in pre-school to get out of drawing, because the teachers always said I wasn't good it (well, I couldn't help the fact that I had poor fine motor skills and poor eye sight, but still). However, I do see art can be therapeutic and relaxing. Definitely a confidence booster too, because kids love being creative and get praise for what they're doing.

Old 02-21-2012, 11:44 PM
Majesty

Yes, agreed! I love the way she says, "Hel-lo", like she's singing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patra View Post
Love the video of Kate from today, she really is fitting into her royal role so well IMO!
Old 02-22-2012, 06:32 PM
Heir Apparent

What did a newscaster comment on one of these videos? She's taken to her engagements like a duck to water.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:37 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
What did a newscaster comment on one of these videos? She's taken to her engagements like a duck to water.
Ahh, yes. Short, sweet and to the point .

Old 02-29-2012, 12:21 PM
Majesty

A little snippet about Catherine's visit to The Art Room last week.

The Art Room: Duchess of Cambridge's visit to Oxford Art Rooms

Old 02-29-2012, 01:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
A little snippet about Catherine's visit to The Art Room last week.

The Art Room: Duchess of Cambridge's visit to Oxford Art Rooms
Love the middle picture- the smiles and laughs say it all.