The Duchess of Cambridge as Royal Patron of East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The way it said next Tuesday in one of the tweets, are we sure they didn't mean the 15th? Either way , me and my Klenex will be here!

Next Tuesday would be the 18th.

So I got the date wrong, is it next Tuesday like the tweets say or the 25th?

The hospice event is definitely something I'm looking forward to. Catherine is wonderful with children, so when it takes place, I'll be ready and waiting.

I think out of all the causes that Kate stands up for, it is children's hospice that touches me the most. It goes far deeper than perhaps sponsoring children's cancer or leukemia or any debilitating disease as we instantly know by the word "hospice" by medical definition, that the point has been reached where these children are deemed terminally ill. I think it is also perhaps the hardest thing a parent will ever have to deal with in their lives.

To have professional people that stand by these families and support them through all things physically, mentally and spiritually that genuinely care and get involved with the families to perhaps create a modicum of serenity, aim for quality of life and have a shoulder to lean on are, in my book, highly unsung heroes.

This, I think, is the aim of The Duchess of Cambridge and her heart shows when she's speaks out for EACH.

The hospice event is definitely something I'm looking forward to. Catherine is wonderful with children, so when it takes place, I'll be ready and waiting.

I think out of all the causes that Kate stands up for, it is children's hospice that touches me the most. It goes far deeper than perhaps sponsoring children's cancer or leukemia or any debilitating disease as we instantly know by the word "hospice" by medical definition, that the point has been reached where these children are deemed terminally ill. I think it is also perhaps the hardest thing a parent will ever have to deal with in their lives.

To have professional people that stand by these families and support them through all things physically, mentally and spiritually that genuinely care and get involved with the families to perhaps create a modicum of serenity, aim for quality of life and have a shoulder to lean on are, in my book, highly unsung heroes.

This, I think, is the aim of The Duchess of Cambridge and her heart shows when she's speaks out for EACH.

I 100% agree with both of you!

Hope that the Norfolk hospice appeal will be successful.

Duchess Kate Blog @HRHDuchesskate · 18m 18 minutes ago
The Duchess of Cambridge will attend @EACH_hospices Norfolk Capital Appeal launch at the Norfolk Showground. The event takes place 11 - 2.

Is that the even scheduled for tomorrow right? And 11-2 is the time?

Duchess of Cambridge to launch new East Anglia's Children's Hospices appeal | Cambridge News
The Duchess of Cambridge is to launch a £10 million fundraising drive to build a new children's hospice.

East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH) - which has Kate as its royal patron - hopes to build the new facility on the outskirts of Norwich.

The charity also runs the hospice at Milton, which she has visited, and another in Ipswich.

Kate will join hundreds of guests at the Norfolk Showground today to hear about the importance of the charity from staff and families.
Live coverage: Duchess of Cambridge launches £10m appeal for new EACH hospice

Live: Kate Middleton launches fundraising campaign to build new children's hospice - Mirror Online

Last edited:
I really hope the the new hospice will get a lot of money!

Naming our hospice, in the heart of Norfolk
Naming our hospice, in the heart of Norfolk - YouTube

The Duchess of Cambridge comforts grieving families in Norfolk | Daily Mail Online
The pregnant Duchess of Cambridge looked radiant in a scarlet dress as she attended a charity launch today. Kate, 32, who is around 18 weeks pregnant with her second child, appeared to have fully recovered from her severe ante-natal sickness as she attended the East Anglia's Children's Hospices Appeal launch at the Norfolk Showground, just outside of Norwich.

The elegant royal was wearing a red dress by designer Catherine Walker with black suede heels - slightly lower than normal to accommodate her growing baby bump. Her hair was swept back in a stylish high ponytail, showing off her slightly fuller face.

With the Duchess's help, EACH is spearheading a £10 million fundraising appeal to build and equip a new children's hospice for families in Norfolk.

Last edited:
Norwich mother reveals Duchess of Cambridge wrote to her following the death of her baby daughter - News - Eastern Daily Press
Kate was attending the launch of a fundraising campaign to help East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (EACH), where she is royal patron, build a new £10 million hospice when she met families who have benefited from the charity’s work.

Among them was Leigh Smith, a 33-year-old physiotherapist from Norwich whose daughter Beatrice died from a rare heart condition after just 89 days.

She revealed how she wrote a letter to Kate outlining her story, only to receive a personal reply from the duchess.

Mrs Smith said: “I was so surprised to receive a letter with such personal comments and signed by her.

“It was a lovely gesture and helped me through a terrible time.

:previous: I think this is one of the best reports - interesting detail and factual reporting.

IT also tells more of the work that goes on out of the public eye: private letters; contributing to the event; and also the link to the hospice in Malaysia (attendance of HC of Malaysia's wife).

There is also the link to the making of the pottery range in support of the fund-raising.

So much more than the public events.

:previous: I think this is one of the best reports - interesting detail and factual reporting.

IT also tells more of the work that goes on out of the public eye: private letters; contributing to the event; and also the link to the hospice in Malaysia (attendance of HC of Malaysia's wife).

There is also the link to the making of the pottery range in support of the fund-raising.

So much more than the public events.

Fair point. It often goes unreported, or perhaps unnoticed, the work that goes on behind-the-scenes.

Kate Middleton launches funding appeal for new children's hospice | Royal | News | Daily Express
Kate, 32, braved a bitterly cold frosty morning, wearing a red Katherine Hooker dress, to attend the launch at the Norfolk Showground in Norwich.

She met families, volunteers and supporters from the East Anglia Children's Hospices (EACH) charity of which she has been a patron since 2012.

The charity currently has a Norfolk hospice in the village of Quidenham but it is old and outdated with limited resources.

The ambitious appeal hopes to raise enough money to build and equip a new hospice, The Nook, in Framingham Earl, Norfolk, to help the county's sick children.

Kate helps launch hospice campaign
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXP9hufed3o

Last edited by a moderator:
Bereaved mother received 'touching' personal letter from Kate Middleton - Telegraph
A bereaved mother has said the Duchess of Cambridge wrote personally to console her following the death of her baby daughter.

Kate was attending the launch of a fundraising campaign to help East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH), where she is royal patron, build a new £10 million hospice when she met families who have benefited from the charity's work.

Among them was Leigh Smith, a 33-year-old physiotherapist from Norwich whose daughter Beatrice died from a rare heart condition after just 89 days.

She revealed how she wrote a letter to Kate outlining her story, only to receive a personal reply from the duchess.

Mrs Smith said: "I was so surprised to receive a letter with such personal comments and signed by her.

First-
I'm still crying.
I'm sorry if I offend anyone, but this woman is an angel. That is truly all I can say. I loved all the pictures, but I was moved most by Kate crouching down to talk to Jack and her meeting the little girl named Daisy. The look of enchantment on Daisy's face ! Me too, little one, me too!
Kate and Robert Hardy should do some sort of visit together- by themselves they are incredible, together, don't have words.
Second-
Almost no words. Case in point why I used the word angel to describe Kate.

Last edited:
First-

I'm still crying.

I'm sorry if I offend anyone, but this woman is an angel. That is truly all I can say. I loved all the pictures, but I was moved most by Kate crouching down to talk to the little boy with brain damage, and her meeting the little girl named Daisy. The look of enchantment on Daisy's face ! Me too, little one, me too!

Kate and Robert Hardy should do some sort of visit together- by themselves they are incredible, together, don't have words.

Second-

You always seem to say what I'm thinking. Couldn't agree more. This woman is one in a few million, that's for sure.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Last edited:

First-
I'm still crying.
I'm sorry if I offend anyone, but this woman is an angel. That is truly all I can say. I loved all the pictures, but I was moved most by Kate crouching down to talk to Jack and her meeting the little girl named Daisy. The look of enchantment on Daisy's face ! Me too, little one, me too!
Second-

You always seem to say what I'm thinking. Couldn't agree more. This woman is one in a few million, that's for sure.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Ladies,
I don't mean to up the water works, but per the article from Hello Marika posted, Kate cried when she met the mother who lost her baby and wrote to Kate. She also hugged the mother. Definitely brought a tear to my eye.

Duchess

Just had a look at Hello- more tears! Hugging the mum who lost her baby and writing to her- again, this woman is an angel!

Last edited:
She really is. She went out of her way to make sure that poor mother knew that Catherine was on her side and thinking of her - and from the article(s), you can tell the mother really appreciated it. I would've been sobbing myself so I'm not surprised Catherine was tearing up. She's a truly wonderful person. William got it right.

What Would Kate Do ‏@WWKD_Official
EACH Chief Executive sheds some light on Kate's behind-the-scenes work with their organisation.

https://twitter.com/WWKD_Official/status/537379687383990272

This made me tear up yet again. I didn't know that she has made private visits, but am not surprised. I bet William has gone with her.
Can't wait for the next EACH engagement. They are lucky. I hope she takes on more hospices, and indeed more charities in the future- though maybe it is better she only has a few, so she really can get involved, as she likes, and she really does the most good that way.

Just read this- more tears- not only for baby Beatrice's mum, but for little Jack. I didn't realize the child is completely blind, and when he reached out to touch her, she crouched down, and stroked his hand. Really touched me.
No words there. As I've said before, this woman is an angel.
She is an angel all by herself- don't have words if she and RH made a visit together!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom