The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-22-2016, 03:06 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/...93886882918400

The Duke and Duchess are at Houghton Hall, Norfolk for a dinner in support of @eachhospices.

-Pictures will be slow tonight because wifi/phone signal in Norfolk is appalling.

One of two potential dresses tonight, both repeats.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/...43_470x800.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/...24_634x931.jpg

Old 06-22-2016, 03:30 PM
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
According to twitter, Catherine is wearing the second gown.

Old 06-22-2016, 03:34 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
According to twitter, Catherine is wearing the second gown.
Post I just read has her in McQueen which would be Lavender.
Old 06-22-2016, 03:34 PM
Serene Highness

^^^ the confusion is @royalreporter said Jenny Packham gown she previously wore in Los Angeles. Most on Twitter assumed he got the designer right and the location wrong - and assumed the ARK gala Jenny Packham; she wore the lavender McQueen in LA. Actually i think if he was in LA he would have gotten the city correct and mixed up the designer. we shall see. I appreciated lumutqueen showing both
Old 06-22-2016, 03:39 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

We are confirmed in JP!
https://twitter.com/RoyalReporter/st...02551635492864
https://twitter.com/RoyalReporter/st...02722272374784
Old 06-22-2016, 03:44 PM
Heir Apparent

From Richard Palmer's twitter

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CllEqrSWMAA0mSH.jpg:large
Old 06-22-2016, 04:42 PM
Serene Highness

Kate Middleton - Wills was looking forward to a break from my cooking | Royal | News | Daily Express

good images!!!
http://www.gettyimages.com/pictures/...re-id542155184
Old 06-22-2016, 04:56 PM
Heir Apparent

The Duke And Duchess Of Cambridge Attend Gala Dinner To Support East Anglia's Children's Hospices' Nook Appeal Pictures | Getty Images
Old 06-22-2016, 05:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Wow some of the pics are a bit scary I guess it isn't just Bea and Eug that photographers try and snap pictures when they are making funny faces. Now if that was the DM, only the most outrageous faces would be picked for the Yorks. The jury is out on Kate.

I quite like the dress and happy to see Kate wearing it again. She looks great in it and her updo is lovely
Old 06-22-2016, 05:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Cool to see Lady C and The Duchess of Cambridge hanging out.

Quote:
William and Kate were welcomed to Houghton - a few minutes’ drive from their home at Anmer Hall - by hosts the Marquess and Marchioness of Cholmondeley, who threw open their doors to 80 guests from as far afield as America and Hong Kong.

The Duchess dazzled in a mother-of-pearl dress by designer Jenny Packham, while the duke arrived in a suit. Her husband wore a tux and dickie bow.

Guests included Lord and Lady Leicester, and North West Norfolk MP Sir Henry Bellingham, who said: “It’s a great event, it’s such a privilege having the Duke and Duchess here, it’s such a really good cause.”

South Norfolk MP Richard Bacon, in whose constituency the new hospice will be built, said: “I think it’s marvellous that we’ve got a large number of supporters here who are going to help in a big way.”
Read more: Prince William and Duchess of Cambridge join guests at glittering charity gala at Houghton Hall in Norfolk - News - Fakenham and Wells Times
Old 06-22-2016, 05:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Wonderful cause. Kate in gorgeous glamour gown- and Wills in a tuxedo looking like Wills in a tuxedo. Disappointed there weren't more kids there- but understandable. I'd like to organize a similar event next year- get Robert Hardy for the kids entertainment and enjoyment..
Old 06-22-2016, 05:54 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

The event was a gala dinner in honour of their appeal. The aim was to raise over £700,000 for The Nook Appeal. It was hardly a kids event.
Old 06-22-2016, 06:36 PM
Heir Apparent

I agree. This kind of gala dinner is not really a kid friendly event. While kid events are great, especially for child related charities, when trying to raise 700,000 to build a new hospice, these fancier type of events are needed to bring in the big donors.

Great information here about the Nook and what the money is for:
https://www.each.org.uk/the-nook/about-the-nook
Old 06-22-2016, 07:09 PM
Heir Apparent

This is super fancy black tie, evening gown, high money fundraising. A 10K a seat, there are no kids there.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 06-23-2016, 01:04 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Kate Middleton recycles a Jenny Packham gown at charity gala in Norfolk* | Daily Mail Online
Old 06-23-2016, 04:15 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Some additional photos,the duchess looks stunning!

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty...-william-gala/

Belga Image - Editorial
Old 06-23-2016, 07:22 AM
Majesty

Kate was a guest at the gala right? I am asking because I read several reports saying she was the one who helped organizing the whole event, when, even according to EACH, she "agreed to join".
Old 06-23-2016, 07:53 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
Kate was a guest at the gala right? I am asking because I read several reports saying she was the one who helped organizing the whole event, when, even according to EACH, she "agreed to join".
Yes, her and William were guest of honor at the event. Its her patronage and she's very active in its progress.

They looked great at this event, although I wish the media would've published better pictures of William.

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-23-2016, 10:27 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Yes, her and William were guest of honor at the event. Its her patronage and she's very active in its progress.

They looked great at this event, although I wish the media would've published better pictures of William.

Thank you for your quick answer.

I think it had already been said that pictures wouldn't be high quality or so much, don't ask me why though.
Old 06-23-2016, 11:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
Kate was a guest, guest of honor, but simply a guest as royal patron. She wouldn't have been involved in the actual planning.

Quote:
A Taste of Norfolk is a truly unprecedented event for EACH and has only been made possible following many months of hard work and dedication from our voluntary committee, led by our Patron Emma Deterding and Philippa Pease of Purple Chilli Events. We want to say a huge thank you to Emma and all the committee members who have worked so tirelessly, and to the many companies and individuals who have so generously shown their support.”
Emma Deterding belongs to a very wealthy and established family in Norfolk. Her father in law James is the grandson of Henri Deterding, the founder of Dutch Shell. The family owns numerous properties, having sold their Norfolk estate for over 25 million pounds in 2008. Emma started the first concierge service in London in the 1990's for real estate. Emma has been patron for 25 years.