Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-11-2015, 07:27 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
HRH The Duchess of Cambridge supports Children's Hospice Week 2015

HRH Supports Children's Hospice Week

Help make moments count this Children’s Hospice Week

This year Her Royal Highness, The Duchess of Cambridge has offered a supportive message for Children’s Hospice Week, as Royal Patron of East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (EACH).

“For families of children with life-limiting conditions, every moment is precious and every memory needs to be cherished and celebrated. Children’s hospices strive to create happy moments in the most difficult times any family could face. I hope you will join me in supporting Children’s Hospice Week and work to make every moment count for all of our families.”
Short but sweet :)

Old 05-12-2015, 04:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Nice quotes from the Chief Executive of EACH

Quote:
"She has a huge impact," Graham Butland, chief executive of one of Kate's key charities, East Anglia's Children's Hospices, tells PEOPLE.

"We were delighted when she became our patron because of the impact that it would have on EACH directly – and that continues," says Butland. "The fact is, she has just raised the profile both nationally and internationally of children’s palliative care."

Kate has made speeches at hospices while on foreign tours and supported her locally-based EACH at home in the U.K.

"She opens up a whole new audience for children’s hospices and children’s palliative care," Butland adds. "Just a short message reminding people of Children’s Hospices Week is tremendously supportive of the whole movement."
Princess Kate Is Having a 'Huge Impact' Helping Gravely Sick Kids : People.com

Old 05-15-2015, 01:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
HRH The Duchess of Cambridge supports Children's Hospice Week 2015

HRH Supports Children's Hospice Week

Help make moments count this Children’s Hospice Week

This year Her Royal Highness, The Duchess of Cambridge has offered a supportive message for Children’s Hospice Week, as Royal Patron of East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (EACH).

“For families of children with life-limiting conditions, every moment is precious and every memory needs to be cherished and celebrated. Children’s hospices strive to create happy moments in the most difficult times any family could face. I hope you will join me in supporting Children’s Hospice Week and work to make every moment count for all of our families.”
This woman is incredible. This woman gets it.
Old 05-15-2015, 02:54 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
She's amazing. I've tutored underprivileged children in reading and it's fun but they were healthy children. I don't think I could work with sick and dying children. But seeing photos of Kate with children is awe-inspiring. She's wonderful with them.
Old 05-16-2015, 02:06 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
Absolutely! She spent enough time working with this organization to know what good it does for the children, and their families. Most importantly, she genuinely cares. This is not just another PR stunt for her. To me, that makes it all the more poignant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mslewis View Post
She's amazing. I've tutored underprivileged children in reading and it's fun but they were healthy children. I don't think I could work with sick and dying children. But seeing photos of Kate with children is awe-inspiring. She's wonderful with them.
I work with children who have special needs, and during the last eighteen years, I've worked with children who had a given exceptionality, but otherwise were healthy, and I've worked with children who had severe/multiple exceptionalities, and we're medically fragile. The latter was heartbreaking, and I used to go home, and cry, especially after talking with the parents. I would love to have Catherine's poise, because she is able to show her emotions without falling apart. However, it's easy to see just how profoundly the plight of the families effect her. She's indeed one amazing individual.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 07-07-2015, 02:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
Princess Charlotte's flowers bring joy to children in hospices in East Anglia-

Princess Charlotte's flowers bring joy to children in hospices in East Anglia | Anglia - ITV News

A.W. TOZER
Old 07-07-2015, 02:58 PM
Heir Apparent

The Cambridge's are just making me cry buckets today. Let me guess- they donated the flowers from Charlotte's baptism to EACH. The kindness of these people- no words. I think they are angels- no I know they are. EDIT- I didn't watch it, but the little lad in the video- melt me...
Old 07-07-2015, 03:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Blooms are lasting reminder of Royal Christening for East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices in Milton

A children's hospice near Cambridge will have a lasting reminder of the christening of Princess Charlotte after bunches of flowers from well-wishers were delivered yesterday.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge donated 21 bunches to East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH), with five bunches and a yellow pot plant going to the site in Milton for people to enjoy in the reception area.

And some of the blooms, which include Sweet William, Carnations and Roses, are being pressed by a member of the care team to make book marks and pictures which will be displayed around the hospice and offered to families to take home.

Several thousand well-wishers turned out on Sunday to see the Duke and Duchess arrive with the princess in a pram - used by the Queen for two of her own children - along with Prince George on foot.
More:Blooms are lasting reminder of Royal Christening for East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices in Milton | Cambridge News
Old 07-07-2015, 04:15 PM
Majesty

This is a very nice gesture but I think its common practice for all royals to donate their flowers to local hospitals, schools, etc.
I remember reading articles on other royals having done so.

Im sure it brightens everyone's day
Old 07-07-2015, 05:13 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
This is a very nice gesture but I think its common practice for all royals to donate their flowers to local hospitals, schools, etc.
I remember reading articles on other royals having done so.

Im sure it brightens everyone's day
Yes they do :) I remember the queen in a documentary asking some of the staff where their flower arrangements for the state banquet were going this time and they answered a bunch of retirement homes. So not only do they give flowers they get to different hospitals (or similar establishments) but also break up the flower arrangements at their events and donate the flowers.

But I like that they choose EACH, it's yet another tie to the area they're now living in :)
Old 09-23-2015, 07:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Hi all - just wondering if anyone has yet gotten the Emma Bridgewater pottery bits that were designed to benefit the East Anglian Childrens Hospices? They are still for sale at the EB site - but I wanted to know what any of you thought of the mugs?

Old 09-23-2015, 07:56 AM
Majesty

So that means that there are still items left????
Old 09-24-2015, 06:41 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
Hi all - just wondering if anyone has yet gotten the Emma Bridgewater pottery bits that were designed to benefit the East Anglian Childrens Hospices? They are still for sale at the EB site - but I wanted to know what any of you thought of the mugs?

I have the pair of mugs and love them. The handles are very comfortable and the ceramic itself has a very nice feel - I don't know how they do it but it feels super smooth. I also like that they seem hand made as there is a very slight variation in the thickness. We liked them so much that we went back and bought some of the bird and squirrel mugs.
Old 09-24-2015, 08:53 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post

Love them! Have become an active Emma Bridgewater fan and have bought other product since. My only complaint is I wish they had released the teapot that Kate was holding at the launch.
Old 09-24-2015, 10:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleQ2 View Post
Love them! Have become an active Emma Bridgewater fan and have bought other product since. My only complaint is I wish they had released the teapot that Kate was holding at the launch.
I saw that and was surprised it was not offered. Maybe the margins on that piece are not so great.

Old 11-27-2015, 08:20 AM
Heir Apparent

An update

EACH @EACH_hospices
A year after launching in the presence of The Duchess of Cambridge, the nook appeal has secured Ł2million! #Thankyou

https://twitter.com/EACH_hospices/st...78216288632832
Old 11-28-2015, 09:24 PM
Gentry

That is fantastic. IMO this charity and Kate are a good fit.
Old 11-28-2015, 09:48 PM
Heir Apparent

It's an incredible amount of money raised in just one year.
Old 03-11-2016, 06:18 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Emily Nash ‏@emynash 4m4 minutes ago
The #DuchessofCambridge will officially open a new @EACH_hospices charity shop in Holt, Norfolk, on Friday 18 March, says @KensingtonRoyal

https://twitter.com/emynash/status/708249594321346560
Old 03-11-2016, 06:22 AM
Heir Apparent

EACH ‏@EACH_hospices
Delighted that HRH Duchess of Cambridge will open our new shop in Holt next Friday #EACHholt

Quote:
HRH The Duchess of Cambridge, who is our Royal Patron, will officially open a brand new EACH charity shop in the North Norfolk town of Holt.

The Duchess will perform the opening ceremony on the morning of Friday 18th March, by cutting a ribbon with the help of two families receiving care and support from EACH.

Before the ribbon cutting, The Duchess will receive a tour of the shop, while meeting a number of staff, families and supporters, including seven EACH shop volunteers with a combined service of more than 130 years.
Read more: https://www.each.org.uk/support-us/f...olt-in-norfolk