The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-04-2015, 01:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Great! Can't wait! Hopefully, a few EACH kids will be there! I'll stock up on tissues...

Old 02-04-2015, 04:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Vua MAjesty MAgazine Facebook page.

Background to the visit:

Emma Bridgewater is a British company set up in 1985. Today the company is run by Emma and her husband Matthew Rice and is still very much a family business. All Emma Bridgewater pottery is made from cream-coloured earthenware – a traditional Staffordshire product which is made in the company's own Victorian factory in Stoke-on-Trent, the home of British pottery. Most of the production work is still done by hand and the company is proud to be one of the largest employers of potters in the area.
The Duchess of Cambridge as patron of East Anglia's Children's Hospices will join staff from EACH, and children from Stoke-on-Trent’s local children’s hospice, The Donna Louise Hospice, who have been invited to attend the factory to celebrate a partnership between EACH and Emma Bridgwater. Emma Bridgewater have designed a range of mugs, which they will have the opportunity to see being made, before the launch on 2nd March in support of the EACH Nook Appeal, to build a new hospice in Norfolk to provide care and support to life-threatened children, young people and their families.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 02-04-2015, 04:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Awesome! Going to definitely need tissue!
Old 02-04-2015, 05:03 PM
Royal Highness

Clever to have her show up and look at a mug :) More people see it = more people might buy it = more money to each :)
Old 02-18-2015, 06:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Today's visit to the Emma Bridgewater factory is in support of EACH

Kate Middleton Stoke-on-Trent visit: Live updates - Mirror Online
Old 02-18-2015, 07:33 AM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

David Wilkinson @DWilkinsonCNN The Duchess of Cambridge now touring the @EmmaBridgewater factory with the owner herself. Bump well covered! #Kate https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B-H4nkUIAAAuAvj.jpg:large

Daily Mail: The Duchess of design: Kate is glamorous in a dusky blue coat as she visits pottery factory to inspect charity mug she helped create

Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal Matthew and emma_bridgewater show The Duchess their range of mugs which are being sold to raise… http://instagram.com/p/zPcJCRqZF6/

Hello: Kate's maternal side shines through as she makes double children's engagement

Getty Images: The Duchess Of Cambridge Visits Emma Bridgewater Factory
Old 02-18-2015, 11:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Duchess of Cambridge gets her hands dirty at the potters wheel - ITV News
Quote:
Kate was visiting the Emma Bridgewater ceramics factory in Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, touring the shopfloor and watching youngsters getting creative with paint - to the delight of their royal visitor.

The visit was a chance for her to witness production of a new line of mugs the historic company has launched in support of East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH), of which the Duchess is patron.

She earned plenty of fans among workers, as she tried her hand at making flatware - which involved the precision throwing of a piece of clay onto a machine.

Warning on-lookers to "watch out", Kate managed to hit the mark first time although she remarked "it's a little lop-sided".

The Duchess of Cambridge also decorated some mugs and a video of her efforts was tweeted by Kensington Palace.
Old 02-18-2015, 11:49 AM
Heir Apparent

This is a good report of the day, including some quotes

Video: The Duchess of Cambridge visits Emma Bridgewater factory to launch mugs in aid of EACH’s Nook Appeal - News - Eastern Daily Press

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 02-18-2015, 11:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Kate visits Stoke-on-Trent

Old 02-18-2015, 12:08 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Here's a cute moment where a little girl high fives Kate.

Kate Middleton in Smethwick: Watch magic moment toddler high fives Duchess of Cambridge - Birmingham Mail
Old 02-18-2015, 12:33 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
How amazingly precious and will probably be a "keepsake" moment for the rest of the little one's life. As years pass and Kate becomes Queen, there is definitely going to be someone that can state "I high fived the Queen".
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 02-18-2015, 01:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

Kensington Palace @KensingtonRoyal · 60m 60 minutes ago
The Queen has been Patron of @actnforchildren, a charity visited by The Duchess of Cambridge today, for more than 50 yrs @BritishMonarchy

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 02-18-2015, 02:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Today's visit to the Emma Bridgewater factory is in support of EACH

Kate Middleton Stoke-on-Trent visit: Live updates - Mirror Online
Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
Forgive me for a long post.
Iv'e been crying since the first photo I looked at, and haven't stopped yet! This magic is going to keep me smiling for days. This woman has a smile that lights up the room. This woman is her most amazing self with children. You say to yourself- it can't get better it does. This is the best yet!

I don't see a Duchess here- I see a Mummy. We need this woman in special education, and special needs adoption. I wish she and Robert Hardy would do a joint engagement. Maybe one day she'll visit ROSY.
The best moment of the day- the high- five moment!
Old 02-18-2015, 02:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Kate Middleton Duchess of Cambridge moved to tears by families' plight | Royal | News | Daily Express
Quote:
THE Duchess of Cambridge was moved to tears today after hearing mothers describe struggling to bring up children while dealing with serious illness and other issues including domestic violence.

Kate, who is seven months pregnant with her second child, was overcome with emotion after spending half an hour listening to the heart-rending stories of five women in a family support group at a childrenąs centre in Smethwick, West Midlands.

She listened intently and repeatedly asked the women questions about their lives during the private session hosted by the charity Action for Children but finally broke down when one woman who has a rare heart condition told her how she feels she has robbed her 13-year-old daughter of her childhood.
Old 02-18-2015, 03:04 PM
Heir Apparent

And now I'm the one moved to tears by the Duchess's genuine compassion. How could anyone not be?
Old 02-18-2015, 03:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
The Duchess of Cambridge was given the chance to hand-paint a ceramic mug during a visit to the Emma Bridgewater pottery factory in Stoke-on-Trent today. The factory uses a variety of traditional techniques to hand-produce and decorate various items of earthenware including cups and plates, some of which are sold in support of the Nook Appeal, to raise funds for hospices for of which the Duchess is patron-

Home - ITNSource News

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 02-18-2015, 08:03 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
Forgive me for a long post.

Iv'e been crying since the first photo I looked at, and haven't stopped yet! This magic is going to keep me smiling for days. This woman has a smile that lights up the room. This woman is her most amazing self with children. You say to yourself- it can't get better it does. This is the best yet!

I don't see a Duchess here- I see a Mummy. We need this woman in special education, and special needs adoption. I wish she and Robert Hardy would do a joint engagement. Maybe one day she'll visit ROSY.

The best moment of the day- the high- five moment!
Absolutely true. This woman is a saint. She has a huge heart, and the ability to bring love wherever she goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
And now I'm the one moved to tears by the Duchess's genuine compassion. How could anyone not be?
You and me both.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 02-18-2015, 09:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Glad to know I wasn't the only one moved to tears by the Duchess!
Anna's blog post-

http://hrhcatherineduchessofcambridg...its-stoke.html

Wonderful Anna!
Old 02-18-2015, 10:11 PM
Majesty

We're quite fortunate to be around to see Kate developing her royal role. She's slowly but deliberately making a statement as to what is important to her and how she wants to serve her nation. She's taking her time rather than taking on lots of charities. Better I think to take on a few and give real input than to take on many and not be able to give so much attention to each. If she continues as she has started, I think she'll be a wonderful queen.
Old 05-11-2015, 07:50 AM
Heir Apparent

HRH The Duchess of Cambridge supports Children's Hospice Week 2015

HRH Supports Children's Hospice Week

Help make moments count this Children’s Hospice Week

This year Her Royal Highness, The Duchess of Cambridge has offered a supportive message for Children’s Hospice Week, as Royal Patron of East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (EACH).

“For families of children with life-limiting conditions, every moment is precious and every memory needs to be cherished and celebrated. Children’s hospices strive to create happy moments in the most difficult times any family could face. I hope you will join me in supporting Children’s Hospice Week and work to make every moment count for all of our families.”