The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-19-2014, 08:40 AM
Imperial Majesty

Our Royal Patron, HRH The Duchess of Cambridge, is supporting Children's Hospice Week
June 2014
-
East Anglia's Children's Hospices | Latest news | Our Royal Patron, HRH The Duchess of Cambridge, is supporting Children's Hospice Week

British Royals @britishroyals · 1h
Kate appears to have made a private visit to @EACH_hospices.Her plea for #childrenshospiceweek

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 06-19-2014, 09:07 AM
Imperial Majesty

Duchess of Cambridge praises 'crucial' work done by children's hospices-
Royal visit to children's hospice by Kate Middleton | Royal | News | Daily Express

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 06-19-2014, 01:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
East Anglia's Children's Hospices | Latest news | Our Royal Patron, HRH The Duchess of Cambridge, is supporting Children's Hospice Week

Kate has made a statement in support of Children's hospice week. It appears she made a private visit to Each in May( from the bulletin board saying) proving that Kate too, does work behind the scenes like other members of BRF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Duchess of Cambridge praises 'crucial' work done by children's hospices-
Royal visit to children's hospice by Kate Middleton | Royal | News | Daily Express
I'm not surprised in the least. In fact, I would be surprised if Catherine didn't do something.
I find it all the more admirable that she did this in private, not as a Royal duty, or to help her public image, but as someone who cares. From the sound of of it, this is far from the first private visit she's made. But again, I am not surprised by that, because she obviously does care. These two articles made me tear up. That little boy and Catherine are having a ball!
This woman is about as close to an angel as one can get in my book.
Aside from that, she looked lovely. Love that dress. This really made my day.
Old 08-03-2014, 01:38 PM
Imperial Majesty

25 years after children's hospice was opened by Princess Diana, families gather at EACH in Milton to mark anniversary-
SLIDESHOW: 25 years after children's hospice was opened by Princess Diana, families gather at EACH in Milton to mark anniversary | Cambridge City News, Cambridge Local News Stories & Latest Headlines | Cambridge News

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 08-04-2014, 11:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

I hope she does some more hospice themed engagements soon. She seems to do very well in that environment.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 08-05-2014, 12:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Love this article Dman! Love the kids getting cuddles from the Dino, and if that last picture does not make one shed a tear...
I too hope Kate has hospice visits planned...
Old 11-13-2014, 12:12 PM
Imperial Majesty

Roya Nikkhah @RoyaNikkhah · 4m 4 minutes ago
The Duchess of Cambridge, patron, will attend @EACH_Norfolk £10 million capital appeal launch for a new hospice in Norwich next Tues Nov 25.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 11-13-2014, 12:18 PM
Heir Apparent

That's great! November is getting busy!
Old 11-13-2014, 12:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 31 secs31 seconds ago
Nov 25: The Duchess of Cambridge will attend East Anglia’s Children's Hospices Norfolk Capital Appeal launch at the Norfolk Showground
Old 11-13-2014, 04:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Does he mean next Tues the 15th I wonder? If so, me and my Klenex are so here!

The way it said next Tuesday in one of the tweets, are we sure they didn't mean the 15th? Either way , me and my Klenex will be here!
Old 11-13-2014, 05:32 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
The way it said next Tuesday in one of the tweets, are we sure they didn't mean the 15th? Either way , me and my Klenex will be here!

Next Tuesday would be the 18th.
Old 11-13-2014, 06:04 PM
Heir Apparent

So I got the date wrong, is it next Tuesday like the tweets say or the 25th?
Old 11-13-2014, 08:05 PM
Majesty

The hospice event is definitely something I'm looking forward to. Catherine is wonderful with children, so when it takes place, I'll be ready and waiting.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 11-13-2014, 08:13 PM
Aristocracy

November 25th
Old 11-14-2014, 12:08 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I think out of all the causes that Kate stands up for, it is children's hospice that touches me the most. It goes far deeper than perhaps sponsoring children's cancer or leukemia or any debilitating disease as we instantly know by the word "hospice" by medical definition, that the point has been reached where these children are deemed terminally ill. I think it is also perhaps the hardest thing a parent will ever have to deal with in their lives.

To have professional people that stand by these families and support them through all things physically, mentally and spiritually that genuinely care and get involved with the families to perhaps create a modicum of serenity, aim for quality of life and have a shoulder to lean on are, in my book, highly unsung heroes.

This, I think, is the aim of The Duchess of Cambridge and her heart shows when she's speaks out for EACH.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 11-14-2014, 12:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
The hospice event is definitely something I'm looking forward to. Catherine is wonderful with children, so when it takes place, I'll be ready and waiting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I think out of all the causes that Kate stands up for, it is children's hospice that touches me the most. It goes far deeper than perhaps sponsoring children's cancer or leukemia or any debilitating disease as we instantly know by the word "hospice" by medical definition, that the point has been reached where these children are deemed terminally ill. I think it is also perhaps the hardest thing a parent will ever have to deal with in their lives.

To have professional people that stand by these families and support them through all things physically, mentally and spiritually that genuinely care and get involved with the families to perhaps create a modicum of serenity, aim for quality of life and have a shoulder to lean on are, in my book, highly unsung heroes.

This, I think, is the aim of The Duchess of Cambridge and her heart shows when she's speaks out for EACH.
I 100% agree with both of you!
Old 11-14-2014, 09:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Duchess of Cambridge will help launch appeal for £10m children’s hospice in Norfolk - News - Eastern Daily Press
Quote:
Kate Middleton, who is East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (EACH) Royal Patron, has given a huge boost to the charity’s appeal to build a new hospice in the heart of the county.

For it has been announced that Her Royal Highness will attend the launch of the fundraising drive at the Norfolk Showground.
Old 11-14-2014, 01:49 PM
Heir Apparent

It is the 25th- the tweet was wrong.
HRH The Duchess of Cambridge to attend EACH Norfolk hospice appeal launch
I love that photo!
Old 11-14-2014, 02:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Hope that the Norfolk hospice appeal will be successful.
Old 11-24-2014, 04:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

Duchess Kate Blog @HRHDuchesskate · 18m 18 minutes ago
The Duchess of Cambridge will attend @EACH_hospices Norfolk Capital Appeal launch at the Norfolk Showground. The event takes place 11 - 2.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS