The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-06-2013, 06:25 PM
Royal Highness

Seems odd but i think she looks 1000 times better than last night. She's so pretty "au naturel".

Old 12-06-2013, 07:41 PM
Heir Apparent

That little girl hugging Kate in the video was a real scene stealer; what a charmer! Thanks for posting, Dman.

Old 12-06-2013, 07:57 PM
Imperial Majesty

The videos are very nice and heartwarming. Those who have met her have said Catherine is a very nice, caring person who enjoy working with her charities. The kids really take to her and she has grown very confident in her royal duties.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 12-06-2013, 11:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Picture from the music session at the Shooting Star hospice

http://t.co/FSvQtUym1h

I think she has a green glove puppet!

Lovely quote from the Hospice

"She took the time to speak to families, volunteers & staff to learn more about the impact of our work & the wider palliative care network."

"The Duchess is a committed supporter of children's hospices & showed great knowledge about our vital work supporting children...

...with life-limiting conditions & their families."
Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Duchess Kate Blog ‏@HRHDuchesskate 1h
Kate revealed George has been introduced to "messy play" during her visit @SSChospices today (with thanks to @theroyaleditor)

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 49m
A lovely and moving visit for Kate this afternoon. Look out for some very cute pictures of her with the children and a frog puppet.

Princess Charming! Kate brings early Christmas cheer to gravely sick children-
Kate Middleton Duchess of Cambridge uses frog puppet to bring Christmas cheer to sick kids | Royal | News | Daily Express

"The Duchess also met volunteers who help out at the hospice. She plans to launch a new initiative to encourage more people to volunteer in hospices.

A Kensington Palace spokesman said: "The Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry is currently developing a pilot for a volunteering programme to support families of children with life-limiting conditions.

"A key component of today's visit is for The Duchess to meet a group of Shooting Stars volunteers, to better understand how they support the hospice and its families."

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 24m
The Duchess of Cambridge today comforted parents who lost their son, 5, on Oct 18 and their daughter,1, on Dec 3. Can't imagine their pain.
Shooting Star got a visit from another star today- Not in the celebrity sense star, no a star whose magic light of love shines brightly on every life she touches.
Old 12-06-2013, 11:54 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
That little girl hugging Kate in the video was a real scene stealer; what a charmer! Thanks for posting, Dman.
That was precious. I happen to have a little girl in my class with a very similar personality. It melts my heart to see kids show so much love. Catherine has a gift; plain, and simple. She brings sunshine wherever she goes.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 12-07-2013, 01:06 AM
Gentry

Catherine has always been good with kids. Always lovely the way they react to her, especially the ones she visits in hospices, they just light up when she is around.

I have to say motherhood as been good for her confidence. She seems more sure of herself & her interactions are less guided, which is lovely to see
Old 12-07-2013, 02:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighnessN View Post
Catherine has always been good with kids. Always lovely the way they react to her, especially the ones she visits in hospices, they just light up when she is around.

I have to say motherhood as been good for her confidence. She seems more sure of herself & her interactions are less guided, which is lovely to see
Excellent post!!!
Old 12-07-2013, 04:10 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Duchess Kate Blog ‏@HRHDuchesskate 1h
Kate revealed George has been introduced to "messy play" during her visit @SSChospices today (with thanks to @theroyaleditor)

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 49m
A lovely and moving visit for Kate this afternoon. Look out for some very cute pictures of her with the children and a frog puppet.

Princess Charming! Kate brings early Christmas cheer to gravely sick children-
Kate Middleton Duchess of Cambridge uses frog puppet to bring Christmas cheer to sick kids | Royal | News | Daily Express

"The Duchess also met volunteers who help out at the hospice. She plans to launch a new initiative to encourage more people to volunteer in hospices.

A Kensington Palace spokesman said: "The Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry is currently developing a pilot for a volunteering programme to support families of children with life-limiting conditions.

"A key component of today's visit is for The Duchess to meet a group of Shooting Stars volunteers, to better understand how they support the hospice and its families."

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 24m
The Duchess of Cambridge today comforted parents who lost their son, 5, on Oct 18 and their daughter,1, on Dec 3. Can't imagine their pain.
Cant wait to learn more about this volunteering programme for children's hospices.
Catherine clearly feels strongly for Children's hospice.
Old 12-07-2013, 08:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

Enjoyed the video - not only does she have a lovely, easy way with children, she manages to maintain her focus on them despite the cameras constantly clicking away. She has learned in a very short time the skills which some Royals never truly master.
Old 12-07-2013, 10:01 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

I agree, excellent post. Becoming a parent reframes the meaning of your life. There is larger purpose you take on.
Old 12-07-2013, 10:16 AM
Imperial Majesty

I agree, I can see a change in both William & Catherine now they've become parents themselves. Must be very special for the kids to meet a real princess.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 12-07-2013, 11:05 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Love all of the video and photos.

Quote:

Totally agree. She has really grown in her role. I'm interested to see what next year holds.

That volunteering program sounds really interesting. Can't wait to hear more about it.
Old 12-07-2013, 12:11 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
Shooting Star got a visit from another star today- Not in the celebrity sense star, no a star whose magic light of love shines brightly on every life she touches.
You're certainly correct here. Catherine made the kids'/families' day, I'm sure. I'm a bit envious of her skills with kids. She's at such ease with them. I love kids, but it takes me a while to lose my fear of being thought of as 'strange', and lose my inhibitions.

Quote:

Excellent post! I couldn't agree more.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 12-07-2013, 01:31 PM
Majesty

The Duchess of Cambridge visited Shooting Star| Spletnik.ru
Old 12-07-2013, 05:07 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
The Duchess of Cambridge sang songs and played with a frog puppet at a children's hospice today.
She smiled broadly as she joined in with nursery rhymes and Christmas carols with youngsters with life-limiting conditions at Shooting Star House in Hampton, Middlesex.
The young mother played along and chatted to boys and girls with serious illnesses, and at one point shared a group hug with three young girls who gave her a posy of pink roses.
Video: Duchess of Cambridge visits children's hospice - Telegraph

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 12-07-2013, 05:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Thank you for the video. She really has grown into her role as a member of the BRF.
Old 12-08-2013, 10:22 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
Thank you for the video. She really has grown into her role as a member of the BRF.
You're welcome. I agree with you, and it's good to see Catherine taking part in more engagements now. I enjoyed looking at the photos/watching the videos of her visit to the children's hospice.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 12-08-2013, 02:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Lovely photos. Interesting- could not read a word, but did not need to. Photos said it all.
Old 12-08-2013, 02:19 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
She was so lovely here. This video is a gem and the little girl was super adorable aswell.
Old 12-09-2013, 05:26 AM
Heir Apparent

I really don't think she was very effusive I had caught the child in my lap rigth away, maybe she could't....I don't kow...but to me she was not natural and she didn't gave that child the attention she wants...