The Duchess of Cambridge as Royal Patron of East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: I'm looking forward to this engagement. Catherine is excellent when it comes to children.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Very charming. She's very comfortable with children..and it seems people in general.

LaRae

Very charming. She's very comfortable with children..and it seems people in general.

LaRae

Her 'people' skills are exceptional, especially when it comes to children. It's clear that she loves interacting with children. She's always bending down to their level and appears to be genuinely listening to what they're telling her.

An 11-year-old girl steals the show as she takes the Duchess of Cambridge on an impromptu tour of a new charity shop. Kate is visiting the new East Anglia's Children's Hospices store in Holt, Norfolk. She meets Rebekah Hughes, who has the rare Dravet Syndrome, a severe form of epilepsy, inside the shop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYvVIjRNJrc

Interesting...most royals don't carry money (as I understand it)...so nice for her to come prepared to purchase.

LaRae

She was going to a charity shop so it was probably expected that she would buy something. Imagine the outrage if she didn't. Rebecca could have given her the note in the car on the drive to Holt.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I'm just seeing these photos for the first time today, and as usual, in tears. This really gave me a happy boost today. Catherine should do an engagement of this sort with Robert Hardy - that would be so wonderful. Anyway, loved these.

Dear YRH,
FYI, if you were to set up such an engagement, I would come along as your honorary lady in waiting in a heartbeat. Hopefully, it would be all right if I hung out with RH as well. Wonder if he'd invite me for tea?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just seeing these photos for the first time today, and as usual, in tears. This really gave me a happy boost today. Catherine should do an engagement of this sort with Robert Hardy - that would be so wonderful. Anyway, loved these.

Dear YRH,

FYI, if you were to set up such an engagement, I would come along as your honorary lady in waiting in a heartbeat. Hopefully, it would be all right if I hung out with RH as well. Wonder if he'd invite me for tea?

In this case, I'm packing my bags, grabbing Irish Princess and joining you fine folks :D.

EACH ‏@EACH_hospices
We are delighted to announce details of A Taste of Norfolk, a gala dinner hosted by The Marquess and Marchioness of Cholmondeley

EACH ‏@EACH_hospices
Our Royal Patron HRH The Duchess of Cambridge will be attending #ATasteofNorfolk with the Duke of Cambridge

https://www.each.org.uk/support-us/fundraising/latest/details/a-taste-of-norfolk-at-houghton-hall

A select group of Michelin-starred chefs are set to conjure a very special meal for Princess Kate and husband Prince William, along with about 90 invited guests, at a grand house a short drive from the royal couple's country home in Norfolk.

The dinner is set to take place this Wednesday – the day after William turns 34 – and will thank supporters of one of Kate's favorite charities, East Anglia Children's Hospices. The charity, which hopes the evening will bring in around $700,000, is focused on raising around $14 million to build a new hospice. Kate helped launch that appeal back in 2014.

The evening, called A Taste of Norfolk, is being hosted at Houghton Hall by the Marquess and Marchioness of Cholmondeley, who are friends of the royal couple. It was at their estate that William and Kate and children Prince George and Princess Charlotte were spotted on a family outing during an afternoon of horse trials last month.
Read more: Prince William and Kate Middleton's Charity Dinner Features Top Chefs : People.com

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^ the confusion is @royalreporter said Jenny Packham gown she previously wore in Los Angeles. Most on Twitter assumed he got the designer right and the location wrong - and assumed the ARK gala Jenny Packham; she wore the lavender McQueen in LA. Actually i think if he was in LA he would have gotten the city correct and mixed up the designer. we shall see. I appreciated lumutqueen showing both:flowers:

Wow some of the pics are a bit scary :ohmy: I guess it isn't just Bea and Eug that photographers try and snap pictures when they are making funny faces. Now if that was the DM, only the most outrageous faces would be picked for the Yorks. The jury is out on Kate.:ermm:

I quite like the dress and happy to see Kate wearing it again. She looks great in it and her updo is lovely:flowers:

Cool to see Lady C and The Duchess of Cambridge hanging out.

William and Kate were welcomed to Houghton - a few minutes’ drive from their home at Anmer Hall - by hosts the Marquess and Marchioness of Cholmondeley, who threw open their doors to 80 guests from as far afield as America and Hong Kong.

The Duchess dazzled in a mother-of-pearl dress by designer Jenny Packham, while the duke arrived in a suit. Her husband wore a tux and dickie bow.

Guests included Lord and Lady Leicester, and North West Norfolk MP Sir Henry Bellingham, who said: “It’s a great event, it’s such a privilege having the Duke and Duchess here, it’s such a really good cause.”

South Norfolk MP Richard Bacon, in whose constituency the new hospice will be built, said: “I think it’s marvellous that we’ve got a large number of supporters here who are going to help in a big way.”
Read more: Prince William and Duchess of Cambridge join guests at glittering charity gala at Houghton Hall in Norfolk - News - Fakenham and Wells Times

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom