The Duchess of Cambridge as Royal Patron of East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kensington Palace @KensingtonRoyal · 60m 60 minutes ago
The Queen has been Patron of @actnforchildren, a charity visited by The Duchess of Cambridge today, for more than 50 yrs @BritishMonarchy

Today's visit to the Emma Bridgewater factory is in support of EACH

Kate Middleton Stoke-on-Trent visit: Live updates - Mirror Online

Forgive me for a long post.
Iv'e been crying since the first photo I looked at, and haven't stopped yet! This magic is going to keep me smiling for days. This woman has a smile that lights up the room. This woman is her most amazing self with children. You say to yourself- it can't get better it does. This is the best yet!

I don't see a Duchess here- I see a Mummy. We need this woman in special education, and special needs adoption. I wish she and Robert Hardy would do a joint engagement. Maybe one day she'll visit ROSY.
The best moment of the day- the high- five moment! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Kate Middleton Duchess of Cambridge moved to tears by families' plight | Royal | News | Daily Express
THE Duchess of Cambridge was moved to tears today after hearing mothers describe struggling to bring up children while dealing with serious illness and other issues including domestic violence.

Kate, who is seven months pregnant with her second child, was overcome with emotion after spending half an hour listening to the heart-rending stories of five women in a family support group at a children¹s centre in Smethwick, West Midlands.

She listened intently and repeatedly asked the women questions about their lives during the private session hosted by the charity Action for Children but finally broke down when one woman who has a rare heart condition told her how she feels she has robbed her 13-year-old daughter of her childhood.

Video:
The Duchess of Cambridge was given the chance to hand-paint a ceramic mug during a visit to the Emma Bridgewater pottery factory in Stoke-on-Trent today. The factory uses a variety of traditional techniques to hand-produce and decorate various items of earthenware including cups and plates, some of which are sold in support of the Nook Appeal, to raise funds for hospices for of which the Duchess is patron-

Home - ITNSource News

Forgive me for a long post.

Iv'e been crying since the first photo I looked at, and haven't stopped yet! This magic is going to keep me smiling for days. This woman has a smile that lights up the room. This woman is her most amazing self with children. You say to yourself- it can't get better it does. This is the best yet!

I don't see a Duchess here- I see a Mummy. We need this woman in special education, and special needs adoption. I wish she and Robert Hardy would do a joint engagement. Maybe one day she'll visit ROSY.

The best moment of the day- the high- five moment! :D

Absolutely true. This woman is a saint. She has a huge heart, and the ability to bring love wherever she goes.

And now I'm the one moved to tears by the Duchess's genuine compassion. How could anyone not be?

You and me both.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:
We're quite fortunate to be around to see Kate developing her royal role. She's slowly but deliberately making a statement as to what is important to her and how she wants to serve her nation. She's taking her time rather than taking on lots of charities. Better I think to take on a few and give real input than to take on many and not be able to give so much attention to each. If she continues as she has started, I think she'll be a wonderful queen.:flowers:

HRH The Duchess of Cambridge supports Children's Hospice Week 2015

HRH Supports Children's Hospice Week

Help make moments count this Children’s Hospice Week

This year Her Royal Highness, The Duchess of Cambridge has offered a supportive message for Children’s Hospice Week, as Royal Patron of East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (EACH).

“For families of children with life-limiting conditions, every moment is precious and every memory needs to be cherished and celebrated. Children’s hospices strive to create happy moments in the most difficult times any family could face. I hope you will join me in supporting Children’s Hospice Week and work to make every moment count for all of our families.”

Last edited:

This year Her Royal Highness, The Duchess of Cambridge has offered a supportive message for Children’s Hospice Week, as Royal Patron of East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (EACH).

“For families of children with life-limiting conditions, every moment is precious and every memory needs to be cherished and celebrated. Children’s hospices strive to create happy moments in the most difficult times any family could face. I hope you will join me in supporting Children’s Hospice Week and work to make every moment count for all of our families.”
Short but sweet :)

Nice quotes from the Chief Executive of EACH

"She has a huge impact," Graham Butland, chief executive of one of Kate's key charities, East Anglia's Children's Hospices, tells PEOPLE.

"We were delighted when she became our patron because of the impact that it would have on EACH directly – and that continues," says Butland. "The fact is, she has just raised the profile both nationally and internationally of children’s palliative care."

Kate has made speeches at hospices while on foreign tours and supported her locally-based EACH at home in the U.K.

"She opens up a whole new audience for children’s hospices and children’s palliative care," Butland adds. "Just a short message reminding people of Children’s Hospices Week is tremendously supportive of the whole movement."
Princess Kate Is Having a 'Huge Impact' Helping Gravely Sick Kids : People.com

This woman is incredible. This woman gets it.

She's amazing. I've tutored underprivileged children in reading and it's fun but they were healthy children. I don't think I could work with sick and dying children. But seeing photos of Kate with children is awe-inspiring. She's wonderful with them.

Absolutely! She spent enough time working with this organization to know what good it does for the children, and their families. Most importantly, she genuinely cares. This is not just another PR stunt for her. To me, that makes it all the more poignant.

She's amazing. I've tutored underprivileged children in reading and it's fun but they were healthy children. I don't think I could work with sick and dying children. But seeing photos of Kate with children is awe-inspiring. She's wonderful with them.

I work with children who have special needs, and during the last eighteen years, I've worked with children who had a given exceptionality, but otherwise were healthy, and I've worked with children who had severe/multiple exceptionalities, and we're medically fragile. The latter was heartbreaking, and I used to go home, and cry, especially after talking with the parents. I would love to have Catherine's poise, because she is able to show her emotions without falling apart. However, it's easy to see just how profoundly the plight of the families effect her. She's indeed one amazing individual.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

The Cambridge's are just making me cry buckets today. Let me guess- they donated the flowers from Charlotte's baptism to EACH. The kindness of these people- no words. I think they are angels- no I know they are. EDIT- I didn't watch it, but the little lad in the video- melt me...

Last edited:
Blooms are lasting reminder of Royal Christening for East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices in Milton

A children's hospice near Cambridge will have a lasting reminder of the christening of Princess Charlotte after bunches of flowers from well-wishers were delivered yesterday.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge donated 21 bunches to East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH), with five bunches and a yellow pot plant going to the site in Milton for people to enjoy in the reception area.

And some of the blooms, which include Sweet William, Carnations and Roses, are being pressed by a member of the care team to make book marks and pictures which will be displayed around the hospice and offered to families to take home.

Several thousand well-wishers turned out on Sunday to see the Duke and Duchess arrive with the princess in a pram - used by the Queen for two of her own children - along with Prince George on foot.
More:Blooms are lasting reminder of Royal Christening for East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices in Milton | Cambridge News

This is a very nice gesture but I think its common practice for all royals to donate their flowers to local hospitals, schools, etc.
I remember reading articles on other royals having done so.

Im sure it brightens everyone's day

This is a very nice gesture but I think its common practice for all royals to donate their flowers to local hospitals, schools, etc.
I remember reading articles on other royals having done so.

Im sure it brightens everyone's day
Yes they do :) I remember the queen in a documentary asking some of the staff where their flower arrangements for the state banquet were going this time and they answered a bunch of retirement homes. So not only do they give flowers they get to different hospitals (or similar establishments) but also break up the flower arrangements at their events and donate the flowers.

But I like that they choose EACH, it's yet another tie to the area they're now living in :)

Hi all - just wondering if anyone has yet gotten the Emma Bridgewater pottery bits that were designed to benefit the East Anglian Childrens Hospices? They are still for sale at the EB site - but I wanted to know what any of you thought of the mugs?

Hi all - just wondering if anyone has yet gotten the Emma Bridgewater pottery bits that were designed to benefit the East Anglian Childrens Hospices? They are still for sale at the EB site - but I wanted to know what any of you thought of the mugs?

I have the pair of mugs and love them. The handles are very comfortable and the ceramic itself has a very nice feel - I don't know how they do it but it feels super smooth. I also like that they seem hand made as there is a very slight variation in the thickness. We liked them so much that we went back and bought some of the bird and squirrel mugs.

Love them! Have become an active Emma Bridgewater fan and have bought other product since. My only complaint is I wish they had released the teapot that Kate was holding at the launch.

Love them! Have become an active Emma Bridgewater fan and have bought other product since. My only complaint is I wish they had released the teapot that Kate was holding at the launch.

I saw that and was surprised it was not offered. Maybe the margins on that piece are not so great.

That is fantastic. IMO this charity and Kate are a good fit.

It's an incredible amount of money raised in just one year.

EACH ‏@EACH_hospices
Delighted that HRH Duchess of Cambridge will open our new shop in Holt next Friday #EACHholt

HRH The Duchess of Cambridge, who is our Royal Patron, will officially open a brand new EACH charity shop in the North Norfolk town of Holt.

The Duchess will perform the opening ceremony on the morning of Friday 18th March, by cutting a ribbon with the help of two families receiving care and support from EACH.

Before the ribbon cutting, The Duchess will receive a tour of the shop, while meeting a number of staff, families and supporters, including seven EACH shop volunteers with a combined service of more than 130 years.
Read more: https://www.each.org.uk/support-us/...en-a-new-each-charity-shop-at-holt-in-norfolk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom