The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-21-2013, 10:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

A Chair also has to know the subject of the meeting inside and out to keep the meeting going on an even keel. That not only takes skill, but also intelligence too.

Something tells me this hasn't so much to do w/the comments at the DM or other "papers", but a subtle way of the Palace answering back in it's own way regarding the mess that Hilary Martel's essay/comments produced IMO.

Subtle, but I'm afraid that might just go over some people's heads sadly. Still, it's a smart thing to do IMO and should have been happening sooner.

Old 02-21-2013, 11:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
Didn't realize she had taken on a children's palliative care charity. Though her appearance will be item #1 covered, these difficult subjects will be given some daylight because of her.
Yup- she's done good work with it too. I was particularly impressed by her setting up a partnership between EACH and Hospice Malaysia, which she visited on her tour last year.

Old 02-21-2013, 11:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Not only that, but also staying in touch w/those children who have really touched her heart. When little Diamond, the little sweetie fighting cancer who rushed into her arms at Calgary Intl Airport during the Cdn Tour, had been blessed w/a Christmas Miracle of finding out that Cancer was in Remission, TRH sent out a statement saying how happy they were w/the news.

Apparently, they've stayed in contact w/Diamond and her Family too. That's only one story of many over the last two years too. Very impressive of her IMO.
Old 02-22-2013, 03:07 AM
Majesty

Catherine is making a difference in people's lives, and that's very, very admirable. I'm happy to hear that she chaired a meeting that concerned a charity she wanted to work with. I can't to see what she does next in terms of new patronages, and as always, her way with people (especially children) is extremely touching and sincere.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

I really happy to see catherine so healthy. that is the important thing, she really look fine.
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 02-27-2013, 09:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
Didn't realize she had taken on a children's palliative care charity. Though her appearance will be item #1 covered, these difficult subjects will be given some daylight because of her.
I'm glad, but I hope she will also promote the arts!
The RF has always been patrons of the museums, the ballet, the opera...I think Kate should take on more of such patronages.

I know she has the National Gallery, but I think that's the only one.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:01 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I'm glad, but I hope she will also promote the arts!
The RF has always been patrons of the museums, the ballet, the opera...I think Kate should take on more of such patronages.

I know she has the National Gallery, but I think that's the only one.
I for one hope that she'll support causes that are not really touched by royals. Yes, the arts are important, but so are children's hospices, addiction, and many other issues. She can have a few patronages that deal with arts or course, but it would be nice to see her supporting something different.

Old 03-11-2013, 02:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Fifi Wilson ‏@Fifi_Wilson
Just been asked to contribute to Kate Middleton's baby shower.Relieved to see that it's going to her East Anglia Children’s Hospice charity
Old 04-01-2013, 07:16 PM
Imperial Majesty

Kelly Mathews ‏@allthingsregal 32m
The Baby Hamper Donated to @EACH_hospices by HRH The Duchess of Cambridge is now at £525! Closes May 31, 2013: http://www.each-charity-auction.org.uk/#
Old 04-15-2013, 10:57 AM
Heir Apparent

New engagement for DoC. April 29th visiting the children's hospice Naomi House in Hampshire.

This is part of Children's Hospice Week 2013

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 04-15-2013, 11:14 AM
Imperial Majesty

Very nice of her to do this on her wedding anniversary too.
Old 04-15-2013, 02:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Some some information on the Naomi House event.

http://www.thisishampshire.net/news/...e_on_April_29/

Old 04-17-2013, 01:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
New engagement for DoC. April 29th visiting the children's hospice Naomi House in Hampshire.

This is part of Children's Hospice Week 2013
Oh, wow, bring on the tissues!
Old 04-17-2013, 07:34 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
Oh, wow, bring on the tissues!
More than likely, knowing how great Catherine is when it comes to interacting with children.

Old 04-18-2013, 08:10 AM
Courtier

Duchess of Cambridge to visit Naomi House 29th April -More details
Her Royal Highness to visit Naomi House
Old 04-18-2013, 10:49 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkittybaby View Post
Duchess of Cambridge to visit Naomi House 29th April -More details
Her Royal Highness to visit Naomi House
Great article! A tea party with a real princess.... those kids will be in heaven!
Old 04-18-2013, 12:24 PM
Commoner

The kids will appreciate it.
Old 04-19-2013, 12:21 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post

Great article! A tea party with a real princess.... those kids will be in heaven!
Oh, absolutely! I can't wait for pictures .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyelena View Post
The kids will appreciate it.
I work with young children, and I can say that getting to spend time with a 'cool' grown-up that's of a relative or teacher is a real treat. The kids that will spend time with Catherine will be on cloud nine.

Old 04-27-2013, 05:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Catherine's first video message in support of CHildrens Hospice Week

Duchess of Cambridge speaks of hospice 'lifeline' in first video message - Telegraph

Old 04-27-2013, 06:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
Duchess of Cambridge speaks of hospice 'lifeline' in first video message:
Duchess of Cambridge speaks of hospice 'lifeline' in first video message - Telegraph

http://www.togetherforshortlives.org.uk/

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS