The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-20-2012, 02:29 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
wow. 49k is definitely lots for a neckless. i wonder if this was a gift by someone or she bought it on her own (maybe it was lent by cartier?). i personally don't find it very appropriate in these economic climate to wear a 49k piece of jewelry so casually, for a daytime event.

appart from that, she looked lovely and the dress was perfect for her.
Cartier have already confirmed the necklace is not a loan, so Kate must have either bought it herself (which seems somewhat unlikely), or it was a gift.
St James Palace spokesman said Kate has had the necklace for a while - which could mean anything from a month, to a couple of years.
I think it is likely the necklace was either a wedding, or 30th anniversary gift from Prince Charles, William, or the Middletons.

Old 07-21-2012, 03:44 AM
Heir Apparent

I do not understand this cost discussion again! When we talk about royals we talk about people living a rich life. And in Kates case we have a royal already rich before becoming royal! and married with a very rich royal (pcs Dianas fortune). So where is the problem having an expensive jewellery?

Old 07-21-2012, 07:59 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003
I do not understand this cost discussion again! When we talk about royals we talk about people living a rich life. And in Kates case we have a royal already rich before becoming royal! and married with a very rich royal (pcs Dianas fortune). So where is the problem having an expensive jewellery?
There's nothing wrong with her wearing or having expensive jewellery. But some posters myself included think that £49,000 for the necklace she wore was unreasonable. It's also part of a "discussion" to wonder where it came from. Whilst William and Charles have a lot of money, dropping £49k for one necklace is a bit much IMO.
Old 07-21-2012, 08:26 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
I don't understand why this only seems to be an issues when it comes to Kate. Like every royals buy their stuff from the Gap
Old 07-21-2012, 08:37 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by miche

I don't understand why this only seems to be an issues when it comes to Kate. Like every royals buy their stuff from the Gap
It's not. You can look at every fashion forum and see discussion about the cost of clothing and jewellery. Particularly the CP Mary thread, woman who gets criticised for wearing h&m.

Also GAP clothing whether high street or outlet is not cheap.
Old 07-22-2012, 04:12 AM
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

I don't get why it is too much. It might not be much for her or the royal family, if they have access to the wealth then they can spend it on what they like. Who are we to decide if it was good money spent or not. Sooner or later Kate would buy piece to build her own collection with valuable pieces.

Lets remember that Kate doesn't come from a family that cannot afford such a price tag, moreover she married into the royal family who are also able to spend that much.

49K on a cartier necklace might sound cheap for that design if you would compare it other brands such as Harry Winston or Graff which would be selling it for much more.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:00 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Duchess of Cambridge as Patron of the National Portrait Gallery

Work is under way of an official portrait of the Duchess of Cambridge for the National Portrait Gallery:
Kate Middleton will hang at the National Portrait Gallery - Telegraph
Old 01-28-2014, 10:43 AM
Heir Apparent

New engagement for Duchess

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter
The Duchess of Cambridge, as Patron, will attend The Portrait Gala 2014 at the National Portrait Gallery, London, on Feb 11.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 13m
Photographer David Bailey and Olympic gold medallist Katherine Grainger will also attend the National Portrait Gallery event with Kate.

Apparently it is a black-tie dinner.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 01-28-2014, 01:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 2h
The event will be the first of a number of engagements coming up for the Cambridges in February.

A.W. TOZER
Old 01-29-2014, 09:15 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Kate Middleton's first royal engagement of the year announced
Kate Middleton at National Portrait Gallery - hellomagazine.com
Old 01-29-2014, 02:49 PM
Majesty

Good to know! I will be in London, so I may just try my luck to get a glimpse.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 01-31-2014, 08:53 AM
Imperial Majesty

Looking forward to HRH official engagements.

A.W. TOZER
Old 02-10-2014, 07:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

British Royals ‏@britishroyals 2h
Busy week for the young royals starting tomorrow, with Kate marking her first engagement of 2014 with a black tie gala for @NPGLondon

Portrait Gallery ‏@NPGLondon 8h
Tune in to @SkyArts tomorrow night for a special, hour-long programme on Bailey's Stardust #davidbailey http://ow.ly/tthRp

David Bailey's Stardust Trailer

A.W. TOZER
Old 02-11-2014, 02:07 PM
Imperial Majesty

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 11m
Guests have started arriving at the National Portrait Gallery for a findraising dinner to be attended by the Duchess of Cambridge.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 10m
Liz Hurley is among the first arrivals at the NPG. She's looking very glamorous.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 2m
Actor Alan Rickman and photographer David Bailey are also among the guests here who will meet the Duchess.

A.W. TOZER
Old 02-11-2014, 02:12 PM
Imperial Majesty

Duchess Kate Blog ‏@HRHDuchesskate 4m
The Duchess of Cambridge is due to arrive @NPGLondon at around 7.45 p.m according to the Mirror #kate

Jordon Lee ‏@JordonLee 30s
The Duchess of Cambridge has arrived in a Jenny Packham gown.

Victoria Murphy ‏@QueenVicMirror 1m
Kate's jewels on loan from queen. Nizam of Hyderabad necklace. Queen given it as wedding gift

A.W. TOZER
Old 02-11-2014, 02:59 PM
Imperial Majesty

Royal Central ‏@RoyalCentral 2m
The Duchess of Cambridge wore the same ink blue Jenny Packham dress in October at the 100 Women in Hedge Funds Gala.

British Royals ‏@britishroyals 3m Kate first front view tonight MT @Sparklie_Girlie: WE JUST SAW THE DUCHESS OF CAMBRIDGE pic.twitter.com/evIdAM5c5b

A.W. TOZER
Old 02-11-2014, 03:11 PM
Serene Highness

Kate looks lovely tonight. and check out that necklace! wow!
Old 02-11-2014, 03:13 PM
Aristocracy

She looks lovely And that diamond necklace is a nice loan from Her Majesty !
Old 02-11-2014, 03:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

Kate leads the way in the style stakes as she attends fundraiser at the Portrait Gallery alongside showbiz stars including Liz Hurley-
Portrait Gallery | Mail Online

Pictures:
HRH The Duchess of Cambridge arrives for The Portrait Gala 2014 at the National Portrait Gallery in central London on February 11, 2014-
Search - Getty Images : BRITAIN-ROYALS-ART-PORTRAIT-GALA

A.W. TOZER
Old 02-11-2014, 03:21 PM
Courtier

Maybe there is some truth in her wearing more bling.