The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-26-2015, 08:57 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
From CC 25th February:

The Duchess of Cambridge, Patron, National Portrait Gallery, this morning received Mr Sandy Nairne upon relinquishing his appointment as Director.
She is really going this year with the private engagements. Nice :)

Old 10-21-2015, 08:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

Cepe Smith ‏@CepeSmith 2h2 hours ago
From CC 21/10 The Duchess of Cambridge, Patron, NPG,this afternoon rec'd Dr Nicholas Cullinan upon assuming his appointment as Director.1/2

A.W. TOZER
Old 04-30-2016, 04:21 PM
Heir Apparent

VOGUE.CO.UK @BritishVogue
BREAKING NEWS: The Duchess of Cambridge is Vogue’s centenary issue cover star #Vogue100

https://twitter.com/BritishVogue/sta...01402864943106

Duchess of Cambridge Vogue Cover - Catherine Centenary Issue (Vogue.co.uk)
Old 04-30-2016, 04:27 PM
Serene Highness

Very cute picture, however I think the makeup person went a bit too heavy on her eyebrows. They are heavy enough, they don't need adding too. What's with the current fashion of Neanderthal brows on all the "young things"? They are over doing it, IMO.
Old 04-30-2016, 04:35 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess of Durham View Post
Very cute picture, however I think the makeup person went a bit too heavy on her eyebrows. They are heavy enough, they don't need adding too. What's with the current fashion of Neanderthal brows on all the "young things"? They are over doing it, IMO.
It's not really my preference but I can say, as a 31-year old British female, all my friends have a similar obsession with this kind of dark eyebrow. They all seem to spend hours talking about, comparing and experimenting with their eyebrows.

If nothing else, the cover is totally in line with the current British trend.
Old 04-30-2016, 04:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal
HRH, Patron of @NPGLondon will visit the exhibition on 4 May to see the images on display in the gallery for the first time #Vogue100

Kensington Palace @KensingtonRoyal
Two portraits from the shoot were installed this evening @NPGLondon in Vogue 100: A Century of Style #Vogue100

https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/...02287116480512
Old 04-30-2016, 04:42 PM
Heir Apparent

I actually quite like the photos. Kate looks natural in them (minus of course all the photoshop.)
Old 04-30-2016, 05:06 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

That cover is horrific, Catherine has been made to look like a waxwork.
Old 04-30-2016, 05:07 PM
Royal Highness

Sorry but I always feel uncomfortable when royals let themselves 'officially' appear on magazine covers. To me thats for celebrities not royalty.
Old 04-30-2016, 05:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
Sorry but I always feel uncomfortable when royals let themselves 'officially' appear on magazine covers. To me thats for celebrities not royalty.
This is the 100th anniversary cover and it's a collaboration between Vogue and the National Portrait Gallery of which Catherine is royal patron
Old 04-30-2016, 05:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
That cover is horrific, Catherine has been made to look like a waxwork.
I think we all know where that week she sported a darker, thinker brow came from.
Old 04-30-2016, 05:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess of Durham View Post

Yes much too heavy with the eyebrows but I do know it is in at moment. I like the one without the hat. The one with the hat isn't very flattering to her. I would have liked to see her in more formal wear

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 04-30-2016, 05:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

Love that she did this. I too would've liked to see Catherine in formal wear. I guess that wasn't the theme for this shoot though. I hope she do more shoots like this in the future.

A.W. TOZER
Old 04-30-2016, 05:54 PM
Serene Highness

Glad Catherine did this - magazines need these exclusives if they're to survive in the digital age and Vogue has always been about more than just fashion.

Totally agree regarding the eyebrows - young women will look back in a few decades and be gobsmacked they ever thought that was a "look" to go for.

If you think the cover photo wasn't flattering, there is another from that set going about on some twitter accounts.

Somehow - whether it's the angle, whether it's because it's a close-up, whether it's the effect of the hat - it's a suprise to me it wasn't scrubbed. Don't know why that one was released.

Catherine's very thin face, and the angle, make her nose appear so big, and with the out of proportion eyebrows, the whole effect is very un-flattering and quite masculine.

I'm also puzzled why no-one moved the vehicle showing behind the building in the colour shot.

That very nice photo would have been much "cleaner" without the back of a car also there.
Old 04-30-2016, 06:06 PM
Heir Apparent

I love the photos. The usual people don't think they're flattering but that's nothing new. It's the same theme on Catherine's fashion threads.

I must say it's not too shabby to land the cover of British Vogue on one's first photo shoot
Old 04-30-2016, 06:09 PM
Majesty

I am not happy with the commonization of the royal families. I was (am) ridiculized for that viewpoint. Now I can add I am not happy with the celebritization of the royal families. These so-called funny tweets, videos and the modelling. Call me oldfashioned: I prefer a more distant and serene sort of monarchy. This will not work anyway. As we have seen with the Cambridges, more than ever they live by the grace of the media. That gives possibly short-term popularity but erodes the distance, the mystery, the decorum without a monarchy can not survive. There is no difference anymore of an Elle McPherson or a "Kate" on the cover of Vogue. The line between royalty and celebrity has totally been blurred. Barbara or Kate Windsor? What the heck... Thess developments in Europe's monarchies are ill-fated. Mark my words.
Old 04-30-2016, 06:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
I am not happy with the commonization of the royal families. I was (am) ridiculized for that viewpoint. Now I can add I am not happy with the celebritization of the royal families. These so-called funny tweets, videos and the modelling. Call me oldfashioned: I prefer a more distant and serene sort of monarchy. This will not work anyway. As we have seen with the Cambridges, more than ever they live by the grace of the media. That gives possibly short-term popularity but erodes the distance, the mystery, the decorum without a monarchy can not survive. There is no difference anymore of an Elle McPherson or a "Kate" on the cover of Vogue. The line between royalty and celebrity has totally been blurred. Barbara or Kate Windsor? What the heck... Thess developments in Europe's monarchies are ill-fated. Mark my words.
Now Duc... How many royal ladies before Kate have posed for fashion magazines? It's been going on for decades
Old 04-30-2016, 06:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

It's exciting that she agreed to do a magazine shoot. I hope she'll do more of them when asked- we get such beautiful photos that way.
Old 04-30-2016, 06:25 PM
Heir Apparent

The magazine shoot is part of the National Portrait Gallery's Vogue 100 exhibit. The Duchess of Cambridge is royal patron. It's a very special cover for a British institution.

It's not like she agreed to pose for the Enquirer
Old 04-30-2016, 06:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Royals can no longer appear to be distant figures. They have to move with the times in order to survive.

A.W. TOZER