The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-13-2015, 09:08 AM
Heir Apparent

Lovely, nice and sweet: The verdict in Portsmouth on the Duchess of Cambridge - Portsmouth News
Quote:
Liam Evens, 12, is in Year 8 at Charter Academy in Southsea.

He said: ‘At first I was scared. I was excited to meet her because she’s the future Queen.

‘When I did meet her I realised that she was a bit more relaxed than I thought she would be and she’s a nice person.

‘She asked me what paintings I painted and she complimented them.

‘It’s nice that the future Queen has spoken to me because meeting someone important makes you feel good inside.’

Abigail Hopkins, 12, in Year 8, said: ‘I felt proud because it was a 
once-in-a -lifetime experience and I felt special because of how important she is to us.’

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Joanna Bryce is the head of art at Charter Academy.

She said: ‘It was a brilliant experience for the children, a 
once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for them to showcase their work and to meet the Duchess of Cambridge so they were very excited.

‘She was lovely. She was very polite.

‘I think the children were a little bit shell-shocked and a little bit nervous about meeting her but she was extremely lovely to talk to and polite and great with the kids.’

Ms Bryce said the children have enjoyed painting the mural.

‘They loved it. They’re very proud of it. They’re very proud to show it off and talk about the bits that they contributed to.’

Chloe Larcom, 15, is a Year 11 pupil at Park Community School in Leigh Park.
She said: ‘It was amazing. I was excited. Everyone kept saying that she’s kind and lovely and it’s true, she is.’

Old 11-10-2015, 09:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Sir Ben mentions both W&K but because Catherine is Patron of 1851 Trust I'll post here.

Quote:
Four-time Olympic champion Sir Ben Ainslie has spoken of his desire to get the country behind his ambition to bring the America’s Cup to Britain.

The 38-year-old former Truro School pupil said that gaining the support of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge for his Land Rover BAR team was a boost to the plan to broaden the appeal of sailing.

His comments come as Land Rover BAR announced a £47 million boost for the UK economy created by the 2015 Louis Vuitton America’s Cup World Series (ACWS) held in Portsmouth this July, with a greater boost expected for the second event next summer.

He said the creation of the 1851 Trust, which both he and the Duchess of Cambridge are patrons of, and the Andrew Simpson Sailing Foundation, which encourage youngsters to get involved in sailing, were a major part of the planned legacy from the America’s Cup bid.
Read more: Sir Ben Ainslie hails Prince William and Kate for America’s Cup bid support | Western Morning News

Old 12-08-2015, 07:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Source: Court Circular

Kensington Palace

8th December, 2015

The Duchess of Cambridge, Patron, the 1851 Trust, this morning attended a Board Meeting at Kensington Palace.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 12-08-2015, 08:21 PM
Imperial Majesty

I'm glad the court is now in the habit of publishing her meetings. At first they weren't doing so. Let's everyone know that even when you don't see her out publically, she's working behind the scenes.

A.W. TOZER
Old 05-10-2016, 06:51 AM
Heir Apparent

1851 Trust ‏@1851Trust
We're looking forward to welcoming our Patron the Duchess @KensingtonRoyal & showing our projects with young people

Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal
The Duchess visits @LandRoverBAR on 20 May to see @1851Trust inspire the next generation in sailing and science
Old 05-10-2016, 07:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Sir Ben again😍

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 05-20-2016, 03:11 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
The Duchess of Cambridge is to visit the America's Cup base of sailing champion Sir Ben Ainslie to see how youngsters are being inspired to join the marine industry.

In her role as royal patron of the 1851 Trust, a charity set up as part of the Ben Ainslie Racing (BAR) effort to win the prestigious racing tournament, Kate will launch two initiatives aimed at involving children and young adults from diverse backgrounds in sailing and the technology of the sport.

It will be the third time that the duchess has visited the BAR base in Portsmouth, having dropped by before the centre was opened and again during the first round of the America's Cup World Series which was held in the city last July before being cut short by heavy winds and rain.
Read more: Kate to launch sailing schemes for youngsters at ben ainslie racing base | Daily Mail Online
Old 05-20-2016, 06:13 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

We're in McQueen - https://twitter.com/kensingtonroyal/...00303098957825
Old 05-20-2016, 06:59 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Duchess of Cambridge visits Ben Ainslie Racing in Portsmouth | Daily Mail Online
Old 05-20-2016, 09:22 AM
Imperial Majesty

Kate, Duchess of Cambridge in pictures | Royal Galleries | Pics | Daily Express

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...ortsmouth.html

http://duchesscatherine-news.tumblr....cambridge-goes

http://duchesscatherine-news.tumblr....ridge-goes-out

A.W. TOZER
Old 05-20-2016, 01:01 PM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
Catherine sails with Sir Ben Ainslie on Racing Catamaran-
Home - ITNSource News

A.W. TOZER
Old 05-20-2016, 01:02 PM
Heir Apparent

PA Images @PAImages
The Duchess of Cambridge visits the 1851 Trust in Portsmouth Pictures by @AndyMatthews_PA

https://www.paimages.co.uk/headline/854643
Old 05-20-2016, 03:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Great pics...she's clearly in her element there!

LaRae
Old 05-20-2016, 05:19 PM
Serene Highness

I wonder if we will see a resurgence in sailing in the BRF with the Cambridges. DoE and Anne seem to be the last sailors in the family and it hasn't been an active interest passed on to the next generation. Maybe in a few years we will see the Cambridges at Cowes Week
Old 05-20-2016, 06:05 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleQ2 View Post
I wonder if we will see a resurgence in sailing in the BRF with the Cambridges. DoE and Anne seem to be the last sailors in the family and it hasn't been an active interest passed on to the next generation. Maybe in a few years we will see the Cambridges at Cowes Week
Catherine have a big interest in sailing. Zara too, so I think the interest will now be passed down.

A.W. TOZER
Old 05-20-2016, 07:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Olympic sailing champion Sir Ben Ainslie shows the Duchess of Cambridge around the Portsmouth base of his bid for the America's Cup.

Olympic sailing champion Sir Ben Ainslie lets the Duchess of Cambridge take the helm of his catamaran for a training circuit in the Solent.

Old 05-21-2016, 09:05 AM
Majesty

Kate Middleton goes casual in a jumper, jeans and trainers | Daily Mail Online
Old 05-21-2016, 09:14 AM
Imperial Majesty

She really enjoyed herself on this engagement. The young royals nowadays want to be involved with their charities, rather than just showing up and shaking a hand.

A.W. TOZER
Old 05-21-2016, 09:20 AM
Majesty

Well, who wouldn't have enjoyed a tour a and boat trip? I would have, for sure.
Old 05-21-2016, 09:29 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
Well, who wouldn't have enjoyed a tour a and boat trip? I would have, for sure.
She was put to work on the boat. I would enjoyed it too.

A.W. TOZER