The Duchess of Cambridge as Patron of Place2Be & Other Child Mental Health Charities

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanx for all the links ghost_night, hope it isn't too tiring and tedious for you. Watching one of those videos also told me that the purpose of The Art Room was to help kids who have different kinds of problems. I don't think the Art Room would have helped me when I was young because I sucked in every version of Arts and Crafts.

More lovely videos, Ghost Night, many thanks! :flowers: I really like that Kate is sponsoring a smaller, low-profile organization; it helps to put these types of charities on the front burner and give them the attention they really deserve.

Thanx for all the links ghost_night, hope it isn't too tiring and tedious for you. Watching one of those videos also told me that the purpose of The Art Room was to help kids who have different kinds of problems. I don't think the Art Room would have helped me when I was young because I sucked in every version of Arts and Crafts.
Your welcome :flowers: I love doing it! Ya I have to agree with that sentiment I cannot for the life of me do any types of arts and crafts. For Christ sake I still draw stick figures :lol:

Your welcome :flowers: I love doing it! Ya I have to agree with that sentiment I cannot for the life of me do any types of arts and crafts. For Christ sake I still draw stick figures :lol:

:w00t::wave:
I can't draw a straight line, even when I have a ruler. :bang:

Ghost_Night, thank you so much for the videos :flowers:! I'm happy to see her giving attention to a charity that deals with kids who have special needs. Those are the ones who need as many advocates as they can get.

Add me to those who are hopeless in art. I think being in something like this as a child would have probably given me a reason to act out and not want to participate. I actually threw tantrums in pre-school to get out of drawing, because the teachers always said I wasn't good it (well, I couldn't help the fact that I had poor fine motor skills and poor eye sight, but still). However, I do see art can be therapeutic and relaxing. Definitely a confidence booster too, because kids love being creative and get praise for what they're doing.

What did a newscaster comment on one of these videos? She's taken to her engagements like a duck to water.

Love the middle picture- the smiles and laughs say it all.:flowers:

The little boy looks like one of my students from last spring. When I saw his face and smile, I did a double take, he looked exactly like Daniel. He smiles like that when he's concentrating on something, and knows he's doing a good job.

I do love the smiles on all involved. Very genuine and engaging. The little boy is over the moon at getting some attention for doing a good job.

Another private event
Niraj Tanna ‏@IkonPictures About to walk over in 30 minutes. Kate is in Kensington Park Gardens part of a charity event for Ark. Police being funny about photographing
Niraj Tanna ‏@IkonPictures Kate just walked out wearing blue dress, black cardigan and black high heels. Flanked by 9 police officers and Miguel Head.
Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail I have been on a secret visit to the theatre with the Duchess of Cambridge tonight! And here she is! http://yfrog.com/ntb7oehj
Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail
We have been to see The Lion The Witch and the Wardrobe in Kensington Gardens. http://yfrog.com/odym4pfj

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail And while Kate was at the theatre William was back at the palace watching the footie! Men! http://yfrog.com/h6c00vqj

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail Kate's date was

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail Kate's date for the night were 150 kids from her charity The Art Room http://yfrog.com/ny37cfpj

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail Kate wearing a teal dress from Zara which I think she has worn before and a black Whistles jacket http://yfrog.com/h7v6rtyj
Victoria Arbiter ‏@victoriaarbiter The Duchess of Cambridge has been on a secret visit to the theatre tonight with children from her charity @TheArtRoomUK in Kensington Gdns.

https://twitter.com/#!/TheArtRoomUK
The Art Room ‏@TheArtRoomUK We have just spent a wonderful evening with HRH The Duchess of Cambridge and 150 Art Room students at The Lion the Witch and The Wardrobe.

Last edited:
I thought William was at work in Wales?

With Trooping the Colour starting pretty early tomorrow morning, I'd be surprised if he wasn't already in London.

True^ It starts 10am tomorrow
Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail Kate told me the performance was amazing and loved the fact that it was a hop from her house! http://yfrog.com/oeog2jxj
Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter
The Duchess of Cambridge went on a secret trip to see the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe at the theatre tonight - with 150 kids.
Victoria Arbiter ‏@victoriaarbiter
Kate's trip to see The Lion, the Witch & the Wardrobe kicks of what promises to be a very busy weekend of engagements for the Duchess.
Katie Nicholl ‏@katienicholl The Duchess of Cambridge is quite something. She invited 150 children to Kensington Palace today to watch a movie today!
Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail Many of the children Kate took tonight have never seen a show before and were spellbound. This is what they saw http://www.lionwitchtheshow.com

Last edited:
The parade starts at 10am, but I'd bet that William's alarm clock will be going off much earlier than that considering he has to get into ceremonial uniform and bearskin, as well as making sure his horse is ready.

Trying to make the 4 hour trip from Anglesey on the day would just be unworkable.

Thank you for the updates, ghost_night :flowers:. They're always appreciated. Hope Catherine had a good time at the theatre with the kids. I'm glad this particular event didn't receive too much press attention.

I agree.... it sounds as though the press was there to shed some light on the event after the fact - but not before to scare or intimidate the children and their experience - a nice balance.

I love that she's interacting with the kids (yes, I know, I always say that :D). I bet they loved that she wanted to know what they thought and what their impressions are. A bit off topic, but those stuffed lions are very, very cute :D.
I'm gonna sound like about 5 years old and a bit off topic but been having a crummy day(yet again this is so not my week!) and would love someone to give me a stuffed lion. I love stuffies!:D Totally melted watching that vid.One lucky little girl

Last edited:
I'm gonna sound like about 5 years old and a bit off topic but been having a crummy day(yet again this is so not my week!) and would love someone to give me a stuffed lion. I love stuffies!:D Totally melted watching that vid.One lucky little girl

Sorry about your bad week, ghost, I commiserate since it's been a tough day for me also. I'd have loved someone to give me a stuffed toy to cheer me up, too. In lieu of that, I overindulged on some ice cream popsicles. Anyway, what a lovely outing for the children and Kate and a very sweet video that you posted. Thanks so much; here's a cyber flower for you!:flowers: Hope that helps your doldrums; feel better.

Last edited:

:hellokitty: This is the nearest I could find ghost_night. Hope it all gets better for you :flowers:

I'll be honest. I watched the England vs. Sweden match today and figured that William had to be watching from wherever he was. We all know he loves his football! :lol:

Aww, what a sweet video of Catherine, being her usual sweet self with the kids :D. I love her questions. She's in a teacher mode, making sure the kids are enjoying themselves, and she's actually listening to what they're saying, rather than just nodding and smiling. Her question about Turkish delight reminded me of my childhood. I've had it several times, and thought it was a bit overpowering. Thank you for sharing this :flowers:.

I'm sorry you're feeling so low and that your week has been rather unpleasant. I can't give you a stuffed lion, but I can give you a :flowers:. I hope you feel better soon.

I'm sorry you're feeling so low and that your week has been rather unpleasant. I can't give you a stuffed lion, but I can give you a :flowers:. I hope you feel better soon.
Thank you Daria I appreaciate it a big :hug:for you and a nice :flowers: for you too! I'm looking forward to this weekend though should be exciting!

This one was very amusing, with the little boy in the front (the one with the huge headphones) totally hamming it for the camera :D.

Thank you Daria I appreaciate it a big :hug:for you and a nice :flowers: for you too! I'm looking forward to this weekend though should be exciting!

Oh, you're welcome, and I appreciate the hug and the flower as well. We all need a little cheering up now and again, I think. And yes, this weekend is going to be exciting with Trooping the Colour, Kate's engagement on Sunday, and whatever else our favorite peeps will be getting up to (oh, I really need to stop talking sometimes :ermm:). As always, I look forward to your updates. You do a fabulous job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom