The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-17-2016, 05:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal
The Duchess has become Patron @AFCevents reflecting her interest in #ChildrensMentalHealth

Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal
The Anna Freud Centre @AFCevents is working to reduce the burden of mental health difficulties of children and young people

AFC Events ‏@AFCevents
We're delighted to announce that The Duchess of Cambridge has become a patron. @KensingtonRoyal

AFC Events ‏@AFCevents
As a champion of mental health, she will make a huge difference to the children & families we support and to families all over the country

The Duchess of Cambridge has become Patron of the Anna Freud Centre

I was wondering if this would be announced today. I had a feeling there'd be a new Patronage to do w/Children's Mental Health to go along w/her Guest Editing of The Huffington Post and sure enough!!

Great news!!

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Old 05-04-2016, 07:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
The Duchess of Cambridge has been hailed for her efforts to help children with mental health problems as she met parents of troubled youngsters.

Kate was the guest of honour at an event for the Anna Freud Centre, of which she is patron, to thank donors backing the charity's plan for a £34 million "centre of excellence" in Kings Cross, north London.

She first visited the charity's Hampstead headquarters in September and became a patron in February.

The centre's chief executive, Peter Fonagy, said: "She has done a tremendous amount to raise awareness of child mental health as an issue."
Read more: Kate hailed for raising awareness of child mental health issues - AOL News UK

Old 05-05-2016, 06:48 AM
Heir Apparent

------------------------------------------------------------
AFC Events ‏@AFCevents
The Duchess of Cambridge attends fundraising lunch for a new centre of excellence in mental health @KensingtonRoyal

AFC Events ‏@AFCevents
Find out more about our planned centre of excellence here

The Anna Freud Centre | A Centre of Excellence
Old 08-14-2016, 01:54 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Duchess of Cambridge message of support for the Anna-Freud Mental Health Podcast Series-
https://www.royal.uk/duchess-cambrid...podcast-series

A.W. TOZER
Old 08-14-2016, 06:22 AM
Majesty

I think that mental health causes are the most current issues our world has to deal with at the moment, alongside domestic violence and terrorism.

In 2016 itis still a taboo issue, so focusing attention on mental health, especially on kids, is never enough!

Maybe some royals are dealing with a mental illness and are still reluctant to speak up about it.
Old 08-15-2016, 05:10 PM
Heir Apparent

The Duchess of Cambridge's message of support for the Anna Freud mental health podcast series

Kensington Palace @KensingtonRoyal
The Duchess supports @AFNCCF's podcast series, which aims to help parents understand children’s mental health

https://www.royal.uk/duchess-cambrid...podcast-series
Old 08-17-2016, 08:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Heads Together ‏@heads_together 25m25 minutes ago
'One in three adults still say they would be embarrassed to seek help for their child's mental health.'

Kate Middleton will get mental health support for George and Charlotte if they need it 'as it's best thing to do' - Mirror Online
Old 08-17-2016, 12:46 PM
Aristocracy

Well that's rather disheartening.
Old 08-17-2016, 01:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoryGirl View Post
Well that's rather disheartening.

Why is it disheartening that she would get help for her kids if they needed it?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 08-17-2016, 01:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Maybe more referring to the statistic of 1 in 3 feel embarrassed to seek mental help for kids than DM headline, perhaps?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 08-17-2016, 01:38 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I think perhaps History Girl meant that the statement itself about one out of three adults wouldn't seek help for their child and I have to agree with that.

Although we know its not true, many parents feel that what their kids are like, what they do and their problems and accomplishments are reflective of them as parents. Johnny is the "chip off the old block" and Susie is "her mother's daughter" etc. There still is the feeling of shame that some parents feel when their child has something not right about them. This is what the Cambridges are trying so hard to reach out to and reassure parents and their children that a mental health issue is on par with having a cut that needs stitches and nothing to be ashamed of.
Old 08-17-2016, 02:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Having sat on both sides of the table at school conferences as an educator seeking mental health assistance for a student and as a parent, I can understand the parents' reluctance. That being said it is crucial that parents/guardians listen to the concerns being presented by other family members, caregivers, school staff and medical professionals if their child needs a mental health evaluation.
Old 08-17-2016, 04:15 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I think perhaps History Girl meant that the statement itself about one out of three adults wouldn't seek help for their child and I have to agree with that.

Yes, I was referring to the statistic. Quite sad, but always room for improvement, and I'm glad Kate has chosen to bring attention to this issue.
Old 11-08-2016, 11:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Kensington Palace @KensingtonRoyal
The Duchess of Cambridge, Patron @Place2Be will attend the #Place2BeAwards on 22 Nov, celebrating mental health support in schools.

https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/...21498100191233
Old 11-08-2016, 01:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

Looking forward to this engagement.

A.W. TOZER
Old 11-22-2016, 02:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

Kate Middleton attends Place2Be awards ceremony in London in Preen | Daily Mail Online

A.W. TOZER
Old 11-22-2016, 03:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Princess Kate reached out to comfort a mom who was overcome by emotion at a children’s charity event in London today.

Kate hugged Ceri Knapton after her son, Ethan, 13, told Kate how he used his battle with Autism and Asperger Syndrome to raise awareness of the condition to benefit others.

His mom told reporters, “I vowed that I wouldn’t cry but was just overcome listening to Ethan. The Duchess just leant over and said to me ‘I’ve got to give you a hug as a mum’. I couldn’t believe it. It was such a kind gesture.”
Read more: Princess Kate comforts mom as she steps out to awards evening for kids' mental health awards
Old 11-29-2016, 02:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

Pictures:
Choir from Lyon Park rehearsing for tonight's Place2Be Christmas Carol-
https://mobile.twitter.com/Place2Be/...53293561872384

A.W. TOZER
Old 01-03-2017, 11:29 AM
Heir Apparent

A visit to the Anna Freud Centre

Emily Nash ‏@emynash
The #DuchessofCambridge, Patron of @AFNCCF, will visit its Early Years Parenting Unit January 11, to see their work with under 5s #Kate
Old 01-05-2017, 03:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
The Duchess of Cambridge, Patron of Anna Freud Centre for Children and Families, will visit the Centre to learn more about some of our work with families with children under five years old and the visit is being hosted at our Early Years Parenting Unit (EYPU). This visit marks The Duchess' continued desire to draw attention to child mental health issues and the importance early intervention, and working with the whole family, can make to those in vulnerable situations.

The EYPU opened in April 2011 and offers an assessment and treatment programme for groups of parents with personality disorders, and their children under five years, who are at risk of being taken into care. The treatment seeks to address the parents’ personality disorders; children's developmental needs; and the parent-child relationship. The ultimate aim is to keep families together, and help parents become more aware of, and responsive to, their children's needs, leading to more emotionally attuned parenting.
Read more: The Duchess of Cambridge will visit Anna Freud National Centre for Children and Families