The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-20-2014, 12:14 AM
Gentry

The kids looked absolutely delighted to be with her. I just LOVE when she does engagements with children. She has that extra touch with them, much like Harry IMO.

Old 11-20-2014, 12:16 AM
Heir Apparent

You and me both Kita!

Old 11-20-2014, 07:26 AM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
This evening (Wednesday 19 November) HRH The Duchess of Cambridge, Royal Patron of a children's mental health charity. Her Royal Highness also presented a special award to Benita Refson OBE, who founded Place2Be in 1984 and has been its President since January 2014. The Awards, supported by the Garfield Weston Foundation, took place in the State Apartments of Kensington Palace when the winners in the seven award categories were announced in front of 160 guests, including the 20 finalists-

Home - ITNSource News

A.W. TOZER
Old 11-20-2014, 08:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Place2Be Wellbeing in Schools Awards 2014 - Photos

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=83eca81ac9
Old 11-20-2014, 09:58 AM
Heir Apparent

HRH The Duchess of Cambridge, Place2Be's Royal Patron, attends first-ever Place2Be Wellbeing in Schools Awards. Full report and videos from last night

Place2Be | News | Place2Be Wellbeing in Schools Awards
Old 11-20-2014, 10:32 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
As always, love the photos of Kate with children- especially Bailey! Almost don't have words for how magical she is- she seems so warm and engaging! She brings out the best in kids, and they sure seem to bring out the best in her!

Second- Love -it the smile that lights up any room she enters, and all the lives she touches! Is it next Tuesday already?!
You hit the nail on the head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
Catherine is looking like this pregnancy agrees with her. I hope it's a little princess. A little princess would be so much fun.

The video below -
Simply adorable! Very catchy tune, and the children are just precious. Every now and again I could hear the teacher singing. I'm in love with this video.
I hope for a little girl as well, and that video is adorable. Reminded me of doing movement activities in my preschool classroom.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 11-20-2014, 11:07 AM
Heir Presumptive

Kate continues to impress me, especially interacting with children, that's not so simple as it could seem at first sight.

I think if their second baby is a boy, they'll try for another chance - to have a girl.
Old 11-20-2014, 12:25 PM
Heir Apparent

^^^ I agree. From looking at the video she was very engaged with all who were at the event.
Old 02-10-2015, 03:00 PM
Majesty

PA Royal Reporters ‏@PARoyal 6m6 minutes ago
The #DuchessofCambridge made a private visit today to a hospital school
for children suffering from mental health problems.

PA Royal Reporters ‏@PARoyal 5m5 minutes ago
#Kate spent around an hour and a half meeting youngsters and staff at the Bethlem and Maudsley Hospital School in Beckenham, Kent

PA Royal Reporters ‏@PARoyal 2m2 minutes ago
Six months pregnant #Kate, who just returned from holiday in Mustique, was there in her role as patron of charity @Place2Be

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 02-10-2015, 03:08 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
PA Royal Reporters @PARoyal · 50 secs 51 seconds ago
Six months pregnant #Kate, who just returned from holiday in Mustique, was there in her role as patron of charity @Place2Be

PA Royal Reporters @PARoyal · 4 mins 4 minutes ago
#Kate spent around an hour and a half meeting youngsters and staff at the Bethlem and Maudsley Hospital School in Beckenham, Kent

PA Royal Reporters @PARoyal · 5 mins 5 minutes ago
The #DuchessofCambridge made a private visit today to a hospital school for children suffering from mental health problems.
How nice :) Makes me happy! :)
Old 02-10-2015, 03:56 PM
Majesty

I wonder if it is necessary to underline that she is pregnant and has come back from Mustique!
Old 02-10-2015, 04:14 PM
Imperial Majesty

Good to know she's back on royal duty.

A.W. TOZER
Old 02-10-2015, 04:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Duchess in visit to hospital school - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk
Quote:
A Kensington Palace spokeswoman said: "The Duchess of Cambridge this afternoon visited the Bethlem and Maudsley Hospital School, Beckenham.

"This visit was arranged through Place2Be, of which HRH is Royal Patron, after learning about their work during the Place 2 Reflect conference last year to further develop her knowledge of the sector."

Kate had listened to the school's headteacher Dr John Ivens, an educational psychologist, speak at the Place2Be conference on children's mental health in June.

She became patron of Place2Be - the leading UK provider of school-based mental health support - in 2013 and is passionate about its cause. She has become closely involved with its attempts to provide early intervention for children before problems escalate.

The Bethlem and Maudsley Hospital School caters for pupils who are patients of the Bethlem or Maudsley Hospitals. It provides education for boys, girls and adolescents aged 4 to 19.
Old 02-10-2015, 05:01 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
I wonder if it is necessary to underline that she is pregnant and has come back from Mustique!
that's in case you've forgotten in the past 12 hours

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 02-10-2015, 08:39 PM
Heir Apparent

These are kids who require a hospital setting. I'm very glad the services are there for them, but it is sad to think that at such a young age that they require such help.
Old 02-11-2015, 05:54 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
that's in case you've forgotten in the past 12 hours
Old 02-11-2015, 06:09 PM
Heir Apparent

A tweet from a parent

Sam @Saml77 · Feb 10
@KensingtonRoyal HRH Duchess of Cambridge visited Bethlem & Maudsley hospital school today. She met my daughter.Thank you for making her year
Old 02-12-2015, 01:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
A tweet from a parent

Sam @Saml77 · Feb 10
@KensingtonRoyal HRH Duchess of Cambridge visited Bethlem & Maudsley hospital school today. She met my daughter.Thank you for making her year
That makes me teary- eyed.
Old 02-12-2015, 07:09 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
That makes me teary- eyed.

My reaction as well.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 02-15-2015, 07:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Duchess of Cambridge records video message urging 'early action' for children struggling with mental health issues | Daily Mail Online
Quote:
The Duchess of Cambridge has delivered a rare video address to highlight the importance of children's problems to prevent them getting worse in later life.

In the message, recorded to support the UK's first Children's Mental Health Week, Kate, 33, says that she and her husband the Duke of Cambridge have seen how many children struggle to cope with bullying, bereavement, family breakdown and other issues, which can lead to depression, anxiety, addiction and self-harm.

The mother-of-one said the stigma around mental health means that many children do not get the help they so badly need, and this needs to change.

She made the comments in an online video for Place2Be, which provides emotional help and support in schools.

Kate, who has been royal patron of the charity since 2013, said: 'Through Place2Be I have seen the benefits of offering children support for their mental health in the safety of the school environment,' says Kate, who has been royal patron of the charity since 2013.

'Both William and I sincerely believe that early action can prevent problems in childhood from turning into larger ones later in life.'