The Duchess of Cambridge as Patron of Place2Be & Other Child Mental Health Charities

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This one was very amusing, with the little boy in the front (the one with the huge headphones) totally hamming it for the camera :D.

Oh, you're welcome, and I appreciate the hug and the flower as well. We all need a little cheering up now and again, I think. And yes, this weekend is going to be exciting with Trooping the Colour, Kate's engagement on Sunday, and whatever else our favorite peeps will be getting up to (oh, I really need to stop talking sometimes :ermm:). As always, I look forward to your updates. You do a fabulous job.

I totally loved the second video. Loved Kate touching the character's beard it amused me for some reason. Haha that was so funny Daria but I know what you mean by"what ever else they will be getting up to" I absolutely hate complaining but I couldn't help but let off a bit of steam on here if you know what I mean. Thank you, I love doing the updates, even if I am exhausted the next day I really cannot pull myself away from here :lol:

I totally loved the second video. Loved Kate touching the character's beard it amused me for some reason. Haha that was so funny Daria but I know what you mean by"what ever else they will be getting up to" I absolutely hate complaining but I couldn't help but let off a bit of steam on here if you know what I mean. Thank you, I love doing the updates, even if I am exhausted the next day I really cannot pull myself away from here :lol:

So didn't notice Kate touching anyone's beard, but that does sound rather funny. Yeah, I don't know where that 'whatever else they may be up to' came from. I think I'm just going slightly mad (goes off and hums the song sung by Queen about someone going slightly mad, and if you have a chance, do look up the lyrics, because they're hysterical). I think it's time for me to get off of here, because the things that coming out from under my fingers are strange indeed....

haha I sometimes wonder if I make any sense on here. So don't worry about the things coming out of your fingers. When it's like 1 or 2am here and I'm still here typing half the time I'm wondering what the heck I'm saying cause most of the time makes no sense to me.

haha I sometimes wonder if I make any sense on here. So don't worry about the things coming out of your fingers. When it's like 1 or 2am here and I'm still here typing half the time I'm wondering what the heck I'm saying cause most of the time makes no sense to me.

Well, it's almost two in the morning here in NYC, so I'm starting to wonder if it's wise to be on here and reply (since I'm not even on topic, but hey :whistling:). Anyhow, I'll end the threadnap with this little tidbit. Last summer during the US/Canada tour I was up, checking the forums and saw a picture of Kate with an updo. For some odd reason, I started spouting that she looks like Elizabeth Bennet from 'Pride and Prejudice' when her hair is styled like that. Yeah, don't ask. Sometimes the things that your mind conjures up when you're just a little overdone are quite...entertaining. OK, now back to Catherine's doings in the public eye (and I have nothing to add, since I said my piece about her going to the theatre with the kids [and it's funny that Wills is being your typical guy; staying home and watching football instead of joining his wife for a theatre experience, though since it's her charity that was involved, there was no reason for him to show up]).

That is such a cute story. But ya I can so see Wills on the couch feet up maybe a few snacks watching the game typical guy persona and then Kate coming home dead tired hopefully they ordered some pizza or something while Kate told Wills about her day.

I Think She Looks Pretty , her Outfit Simple Elegant , I always Like Blue Color on her

That is such a cute story. But ya I can so see Wills on the couch feet up maybe a few snacks watching the game typical guy persona and then Kate coming home dead tired hopefully they ordered some pizza or something while Kate told Wills about her day.

The speculation that William was indoors watching the football was just that. According to the Court Circular, he attended the Senior Colonels' Conference and Dinner at BP which was chaired by Prince Philip. D of Kent P Anne and P Charles also attended. Doubt that they had pizza and watched TV!

I'm pretty sure ghostnight was just joking. It's a cute image to think of though. William works so hard I say why not sit on the couch and watch sports like every other man.

kate is so nice with kids!!!!!

Mark Stewart‏@RegalEyes
'It really has been a huge bonus for us' - Juli Beattie @TheArtRoomUK director speaking about their royal patron The Duchess of Cambridge

Mark Stewart‏@RegalEyes
'It's just fantastic for everybody, for the youngsters, for the community, to have someone like the Duchess come to Rose Hill & East Oxford'

Mark Stewart‏@RegalEyes
our colleagues & our projects. The Duchess has actually put us out there & we're now a national charity. We're well known.'

Mark Stewart‏@RegalEyes
On the Duchess of Cambridge,the charities Patron 'We really couldn't have a better royal patron.She was completey engaged with our children,

Mark Stewart‏@RegalEyes
Juli Beattie, director of The Art Room, who last year experienced 'their best year yet' spoke today of the benefits of royal endorsement.

I'm actually glad that Juli Beattie of The Art Room is making it known that Catherine's patronage actually matters and that she's doing great things for her charity. So often we hear some people complain about the coverage the Duchess's charities get in the media and the focus is on her wardrobe but no matter what her charities are actually benefitting from her Royal Patronage and that she's very active in highlighting their causes.

Like all other members of the royal family, The Duchess of Cambridge is constant contact with her charities. There's the daily or weekly correspondence with the charities officials, meetings and briefings. It goes on behind closed doors but Her Royal Highness is very active in her as patron.

Victoria Arbiter ‏@victoriaarbiter 1m
The Duchess of Cambridge will visit the National Portrait Gallery April 24th for a reception celebrating the work of @TheArtRoomUK.

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 46s
April 24 new engagement for the Duchess of Cambridge:a visit to celebrate the work of The Art Room charity at the National Portrait Gallery

Catherine is on a roll with these official engagements. She's really getting stuff done before the baby arrives.

Catherine is on a roll with these official engagements. She's really getting stuff done before the baby arrives.

I think so too and she seems so very comfortable doing engagements on her own also. If the rumors are to be believed and William is leaving SAR, these two will be very much in the public eye doing engagements after Kate takes a bit of a hiatus after the birth of their child.

I love that she's getting her schedule full and we will see her for the time being, because when she takes maternity leave in July, we won't see her until, probably, the baby's christening (which is likely to be in November).

That's crowded? He must be using the word lightly. ;)

Catherine must think it's crazy how people flock to everything she does. It's good press attention for her and she knows that's a bonus, but it must be a bit overwhelming knowing that everywhere you go there will be a large gathering of people wanting to see you/talk to you/take your photo. I do not think you would ever get used to that.

I think since she wasn't born royal and grew up with this kind of attention, it may be a little overwhelming for her too but she handles it all with a great deal of professionalism and grace. I think it reminds her that she's a future Queen. She really seem to enjoy her royal role and not see it as a burden.

Mark Stewart ‏@RegalEyes 1m
A crowd of several hundred people and fifty photographers await the Duchess of Cambridge at the National Portrait Gallery.

Last edited:
Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 1m
There's a big crowd outside the National Portrait Gallery, where the Duchess of Cambridge is due any moment.

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 38s
It's a pale blue Emilia Wickstead dress for the Duchess of Cambridge tonight

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 29s
And here she is https://twitter.com/RE_DailyMail/status/327126882426429440/photo/1

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 4m
Kate's just made a short speech. She's really becoming a much more confident public speaker.

Bigger pictures - http://hrhduchesskate.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/the-duchess-in-pale-blue-emilia.html?spref=tw

Last edited:
Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 2m
The Duchess said tonight in a speech that she was a firm believer in the power of art to make a difference pic.twitter.com/H1IOq1qoOG

Caption under one of the DM pictures:

"Kate has been criticised for her small bump." Stupidest comment ever...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom