The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-21-2018, 10:32 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Here's a video of HRH The Duchess of Cambridge from her visit to King's College London today.

14 May 1643-Death of Louis XIII de France /Louis II de Navarre
Old 03-22-2018, 12:09 AM
Majesty

In full - Duchess of Cambridge discusses mental health among children - 5 News

In full: Pregnant Kate passionately calls for help for parents & their babies

Old 03-22-2018, 04:56 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The Duchess of Cambridge has had a busy couple of days with public engagements,will miss her during her maternity leave.

14 May 1643-Death of Louis XIII de France /Louis II de Navarre
Old 01-31-2019, 12:30 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
The Duchess of Cambridge will undertake two school visits on Tuesday 5th February to find out more about the support offered to students, teachers and parents to help with mental wellbeing.
https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/...19508943331328

Quote:
Her Royal Highness will first visit Lavender Primary School in support of @Place2Be’s #ChildrensMentalHealthWeek 2019.

The theme of this year’s Children’s Mental Health Week is ‘Healthy: Inside and Out’, focusing on the connection between physical and mental health.
https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/...19516610514944

Quote:
The Duchess will then visit Alperton Community School to meet the UK’s first winner of the Varkey Foundation Global @TeacherPrize, Andria Zafirakou, and find out more about the programmes the school runs to support both students and teachers with their mental wellbeing.
https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/...19518149869569

Both schools are in the London area, Enfield and Wembley.
Old 02-04-2019, 04:59 PM
Majesty

Quote:
”She has a really deep interest in the early years and parenting and families,” David Holmes, CEO of Family Action and a member of her steering group, says in this week’s issue of PEOPLE.

“Being a parent changes your life so much,” he adds. “It’s great that she’s using her own experience and is interested in an area which is such a shared experience for so many.”

“She feels she can try and do something really significant over multiple decades,” says a Royal Foundation source. “This is something potentially for her working lifetime.”
Read more: The Duchess of Cambridge Is Turning Her Own ‘Struggle’ as a Mom into a Defining Mission
Old 02-04-2019, 05:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

I’m looking forward to seeing her work going forward. She’s grown beautifully in her role as a senior member of the royal family and there’s so much more to come from her, especially as her seniority increases.

A.W. TOZER
Old 02-05-2019, 06:32 AM
Administrator

The Duchess of Cambridge at today's school visits:

** rex gallery ** gettyimages gallery **

** dailymail: Kate's crusade! Duchess of Cambridge is vibrant in a green Eponine coat as she visits primary school..**
Old 02-05-2019, 09:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Video from a roundtable discussion on school readiness from the visit today.

https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/...7Ctwgr%5Etweet
Old 02-06-2019, 12:08 PM
Majesty

The Duchess of Cambridge has spent her day visiting schools in London to marking the fifth annual Children's Mental Health Week

Old 04-24-2019, 07:42 AM
Majesty

The Duchess of Cambridge, @AFNCCF
Patron, will officially open their new Centre of Excellence on Wednesday 1st May.

The Duchess will also visit the Pears Family School in its new building and meet children and their families participating in a music class

https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/...371123200?s=20
Old 05-01-2019, 06:15 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Duchess of Cambridge, as Patron of the Anna Freud National Centre for Children and Families, open the new Centre of Excellence at Rodney Street today 1 May

https://www.rexfeatures.com/livefeed...llence,_london

https://www.gettyimages.es/search/ur...alproducts=all

Article

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...en-London.html
Old 05-01-2019, 06:47 AM
Aristocracy

This seems like such a fantastic school!
As someone who dropped out of school very early and was than educated in a program for kids who could not integrate properly (for many reasons) into the regular school system I can not begin to even say how important it is to provide guidance to the parents too, wish I had that at my program. They only focused on basics like math and English and some history for us to get the 11 year certificate and than move on to my GED, alone; looking back that really hurt my GED grades because I had no pre education how to deal with that material that kids learn at school. I think it would have done wonders for my mom to understand my difficulties at the time, as it would have also meant I would have gotten the support I needed.

So I really have such huge respect for Catherine, for supporting these organizations, especially as she comes from a pretty stable family and school experiences (though I think I read she suffered through some bullying at one of the schools she attended which is why she switched to a different one?- so that may have impacted her desire to take on this type of advocacy).
Old 05-01-2019, 08:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Thank you for sharing your experience evolvingdoors. I'm sorry that the program that you attended didn't provide that support/guidance to parents so they could better understand their student's needs. I can only hope that over time the program was able to include that so everyone could benefit.
Old 05-01-2019, 03:08 PM
Majesty

^^^ Video from today's visit

"As far as we are concerned she’s the most important woman doing this in the world right now. To the millions of children who have been suffering in silence, she is their voice."

- Professor Peter Fonagy, the Anna Freud Centre’s CEO
Old 05-02-2019, 01:15 PM
Majesty

How Kate Makes Kids with Mental Health Battles Feel 'Two Inches' Taller - People Magazine

Quote:
Kate's mission to tackle the stigma surrounding mental health in youth is already making a difference.

Visiting the Kantor Centre of Excellence at the Anna Freud National Centre for Families and Children on Wednesday, the royal mom was excited to see the new faciilities.

“[Kate] was very pleased with the building,” Peter Fonagy, chief executive of Anna Freud Center, tells PEOPLE. “She had been with us along the journey, and she was both pleased for us and relieved that it has worked and that the building is nice.

It is a friendly building that you feel comfortable in and not an institution. Somewhere people can come and feel at home.”
Read more: https://people.com/royals/how-kate-m...inches-taller/
Old 05-02-2019, 04:45 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I loved reading the articles and seeing the photos of this visit. Such an event is where Catherine IMO feels most at ease. You can tell she's genuinely interested in what the children and young people speaking to her were saying and that she made them feel at ease.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank