The Duchess of Cambridge as Patron of Place2Be & Other Child Mental Health Charities

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Princess Kate Praised for Doing One of the 'Most Important' Jobs –
Mental health is 23 percent of the health burden for the U.K. – the greatest single factor, above cancer at 19 percent.

"Most of it starts in childhood. If she is going to lead the way, particularly in an area that is stigmatized, she couldn’t do better than bring attention to the needs of children and young people with mental health problems," Fonagy adds.

Anna Freud Centre is "delighted" to be hosting her, but Fonagy also hopes to learn from Kate, who has been taking a more hands-on role through her important PSA) and various school visits.

"She sees things in that job, that role that probably I will not see and draws my attention to things I would not normally think about. So I look forward to earing from her," Fonagy adds. "We have a common language."
Read more: Princess Kate Praised for Erasing Mental Health Stigma for Kids : People.com

Princess Kate's commitment to children's mental health goes far beyond a photo-op, and those who met her during her visit to a kids' mental health charity last week say it's clear how much she cares about the cause.

"She's in this for the long haul," Peter Fonagy, CEO of the Anna Freud Centre in London, tells PEOPLE in this week's issue.

"She is interested in mental health for real – that is to say that her interest is deep and genuine."
Read more: Princess Kate in for the 'Long Haul' with Children's Mental Health Work : People.com

The Duchess of Cambridge debuted a glamorous new floral dress tonight by one of her favourite designers, Erdem.

Kate was a riot of colour in the sleeveless floor-length gown at a gala dinner attended by some of Britain's richest women.

Twenty four hours after wowing the crowds at a Bond movie premiere, Kate put on the glitz again at the 100 Women in Hedge Funds black tie event at the Victoria & Albert Mueum in London.
Read more: Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton wears Erdem dress to 100 Women in Hedge Funds dinner | Daily Mail Online

Ok love the floral evening dress. Great colors for her and style. The earrings aen't so bad either!

I think her hair looks quite good too.

LaRae

The Duchess looked a million dollars!

Video:
The Duchess of Cambridge wore a statement floral dress by designer Erdem when she attended the 100 Women in Hedge Funds Gala Dinner at London's Victoria & Albert Museum tonight. Kate completed the look with the late Queen Mother's diamond and sapphire earrings as well as an Anya Hindmarch satin black clutch-

Home - ITNSource News

She arrived in such an elegant way.

Last edited:
A Cornish schoolgirl had her own date with the Duchess of Cambridge last night at a glamorous gala in aid of a children’s charity.

The annual 100 Women in Hedge Funds (100WHF) event at the Victoria and Albert Museum in London raised money for The Art Room, a national charity offering art as therapy to children experiencing emotional and behavioural difficulties.

Kate, who is patron of both 100WHF and The Art Room, wore a patterned floral dress by Erdem with her hair worn loose over her shoulders.

And 10-year-old Eva Greenwood, who lives in Crafthole and attends Antony Primary School in South East Cornwall, had the honour of presenting Kate with a posy of flowers as she left for the evening.
Read more: Cornish schoolgirl has glamorous date with the Duchess of Cambridge | Western Morning News

The Duchess of Cambridge, Patron, 100 Women in Hedge Funds' Philanthropic Initiatives, will attend a reception and Gala Dinner in aid of The Art Room at the Victoria and Albert Museum. Her Royal Highness will attend a reception for a selection of guests and present the 100WHF 2015 European Industry Leadership Award before dinner.

100WomaninHedgeFunds @100_WHF
Proud to announce that 100WHF raised over £550,000 (gross) for @TheArtRoomUK last night at our 100WHF London Gala.

100 Women in Hedge Funds raises more than GBP550,000 for children’s charity The Art Room | Hedgeweek

Last edited:
^ I think the total is a bit less than last year, but in hard times it is a wonderful effort and I bet the charity is thrilled.

Royal Central ‏@RoyalCentral 14m14 minutes ago
Kate will meet Headteachers from schools around the UK as they discuss the key issues surrounding young people’s mental health.

Duchess Kate Blog ‏@HRHDuchesskate 4h4 hours ago
We'll see Kate again tomorrow at the @Place2Be Headteacher Conference.

The Duchess of Cambridge has called for more to be done to tackle mental health issues in children which could follow them into later life.

In a speech, Kate told a headteacher's conference in London she knew that she was "lucky" to have had a "wonderful and secure childhood".

"I always knew I was loved, valued and listened to. But, of course, many children aren't so lucky," she said.

"Since beginning my work in areas like addiction, I have seen time and time again that the roots of poor mental health in adulthood are almost always present in unresolved childhood challenges."
Read more: Kate on mental health: I was lucky but many children are not - ITV News

The Duchess of Cambridge will get involved in discussions with headteachers on what schools can do to tackle mental health problems in young people.

She will attend Place2Be's Headteacher Conference t oday as it brings together senior leaders from partner schools across England, Scotland and Wales to share ideas and expertise on improving understandings of young people's mental health and helping to bu ild emotional resilience in children.

Today's conference marks the c harity's second so far and this year is called My Head is Too Full.
Read more: Kate meets school heads at conference on children's mental health | Daily Mail Online

A speech by The Duchess of Cambridge at the Place2Be Headteacher Conference

Last edited:
The Duchess of Cambridge told of her "wonderful and secure childhood" as she spoke to headteachers about children's mental health.

Kate said it was the "duty" of parents and teachers to provide young people with safe and happy homes because not all children are as fortunate as her in their early lives.

Speaking at the Place2Be charity's conference for headteachers, she said: "I know that I was lucky. My parents and teachers provided me with a wonderful and secure childhood.

"But not all children are so lucky. Many children, even from stable and happy homes, are finding that their heads are too full."

Read more: The Duchess of Cambridge tells of her 'wonderful and secure childhood' | Western Daily Press

Video:
The Duchess of Cambridge has called for more to be done to tackle mental health issues in children which could follow them into later life. In a rare speech, Kate told a headteacher's conference in London she knew that she was "lucky" to have had a "wonderful and secure childhood".

Home - ITNSource News

I like how the young lady in the receiving line at (00:37) gave Catherine a slight curtsy as the Duchess passed by. It's pretty much an old school move these days.

Last edited:
That was a really good speech. Kate seems to be finding her voice and I thought her words were really heartfelt. My only complaint was that her hair was a bit distracting. A hair clip or something would have helped so much. Having said that, I really think she's improved quite a bit from her first speeches and look forward to her future ones.

The content of the speech was excellent IMO. I liked the way she drew on her childhood, linked mental health issues with other problems such as addiction and drew on the title of the conference. Well balanced and well delivered.

She has gained in confidence and that can be heard in her voice and the flow of the speech.

These are nerve-wracking events, even for experienced speakers. Good progress and hopefully we will hear more from her.

That was a really good speech. Kate seems to be finding her voice and I thought her words were really heartfelt. My only complaint was that her hair was a bit distracting. A hair clip or something would have helped so much. Having said that, I really think she's improved quite a bit from her first speeches and look forward to her future ones.
I agree fully with this. The speech itself was good, her speaking was improved and more confident. If only not for that little strand of hair that had made it it's mission to poke her eyes! Hopefully she fixes that in the future. But I think she even handled that well today, not showing any nervous giggles or something and just stroke it away.

The content of the speech was excellent IMO. I liked the way she drew on her childhood, linked mental health issues with other problems such as addiction and drew on the title of the conference. Well balanced and well delivered.

She has gained in confidence and that can be heard in her voice and the flow of the speech.

These are nerve-wracking events, even for experienced speakers. Good progress and hopefully we will hear more from her.
Exellently put!

Last edited by a moderator:
The Duchess of Cambridge attends Place2Be Headteacher Conference - November 18, 2015.

Kate Middleton struggles to contain her locks as she visits London conference | Daily Mail Online

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/11/18/14/2E91032C00000578-3323451-image-m-51_1447856230306.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015...tside_the_Place2Be_Hea-a-74_1447856839252.jpg

Video:
The Duchess of Cambridge has called for more to be done to tackle mental health issues in children which could follow them into later life. In a rare speech, Kate told a headteacher's conference in London she knew that she was "lucky" to have had a "wonderful and secure childhood".

Home - ITNSource News

Last edited:
Kate makes pledge to help children with mental health issues in biggest speech as a royal-
Kate Middleton pledges to help children with mental health issues | Royal | News | Daily Express

"Aides said her address was "very much her own" and one of several speeches she is expected to make in the coming months. They also insisted it should not be seen as a comment on claims she was bullied at prep school.

A nervous speaker in her first few attempts since she joined the Royal Family in April 2011, Kate has shown a new confidence in public speaking in her last two engagements."

I pay attention to the content of the speech and the emotion with which it is delivered and Catherine didn't disappoint with either. She spoke from the heart and drew on her own childhood experience. She smears sad someone who is more than willing to fight for the children who are most vulnerable and are at risk for developing serious issues later in life if their childhood struggles with mental illness are not dealt with. As someone who grew up with depression, I know first hand what it's like to have my feelings dismissed just because I was a child. According to my relatives children weren't supposed to have problems and whatever problems they thought they had weren't important. It would have been such a blessing to have someone like Catherine speaking up for me. I'm so happy to know that other children with similar pain will not be ignore or pushed aside just because they're children and Catherine is making sure that such things don't occur by raising awareness. Good for her.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom