The Duchess of Cambridge as Patron of Action on Addiction

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unwavering support
Nick Barton, chief executive of Action on Addiction, said: “The Duchess of Cambridge has shown unwavering support of the charity and we are delighted that our patron is able to attend the Autumn Gala Evening.

"We are enormously grateful that Her Royal Highness has helped us to keep addiction very much in the spotlight by her involvement to help reduce the stigma surrounding the condition.

"The charity’s mission is to free people from addiction and we hope this evening will help us to make further progress in achieving that aim.”
Kate Middleton: Live updates as pregnant Duchess attends charity event for addicts - Mirror Online

Video:
The Duchess of Cambridge has attended a gala dinner at L'Anima Restaurant in central London this evening, Her Royal Highness met charity workers and supporters during a pre-dinner reception, before listening to a speech 'Action on Addiction' Chairman John Lloyd-

Home - ITNSource News

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous: yes she does. Just amazing

Clarence House ‏@ClarenceHouse 35 secs35 seconds ago

The Duchess wrote in the programme: work of @actionaddiction "is simply life changing and I could not be more proud to be their Patron"

Duchess Kate attends third engagement in four days - hellomagazine.com
The Duchess of Cambridge, née Kate Middleton, made her third outing this week, joining a gala dinner for Action on Addiction.

The pregnant royal, who is expecting her second baby with Prince William next April and has been suffering heavily from morning sickness, looked gorgeous in a Temperley London black knee-length dress.

The dress had cutout panels on the full-length sleeves and on-trend white crocheting throughout. The Duchess accessorised with black heels and a matching clutch.

Princess Kate Wows Again at Charity Gala - The British Royals, The Royals, Kate Middleton, Cover Galleries : People.com
Princess Kate added some sparkle to a rainy night as she stepped out in a black crocheted Temperley dress on Thursday.

Attending a gala dinner and reception for Action on Addiction, pregnant Kate looked happy and radiant while waving and smiling at the crowds.

Kate displays her growing bump as Duchess puts her morning sickness behind her in third public appearance since recovering from illness* | Daily Mail Online
The Duchess of Cambridge appeared to be through the worst of her antenatal sickness as she attended her third official engagement in as many days tonight.

Kate, 32, who is around 13 weeks pregnant with her second child, glowed with good health at an Autumn Gala Evening dinner and reception at L’Anima Restaurant on behalf of the charity, Action on Addiction.

Wearing a rather daring new black cocktail dress featuring slashed nude panels by Temperley London, with her long hair curled and flowing, she walked along a pink carpet as she entered the award-winning restaurant.

During a pre-dinner reception the Duchess met charity supporters and heard a speech by Action on Addiction Chairman John Lloyd, followed by a performance by Comedian Rory Bremner.

About Action on Addiction and our work - Action on Addiction

Gorgeous. She always knocks it out of the park. Man, I've missed seeing her out!

She was asked about the baby's gender... I wonder who was the brave who asked that! :-D

I'm really not liking the dress she is wearing this evening ... what appears to be a white bra doesn't help either!

Praise for Kate
The charity Chief Executive Nick Barton said about Kate tonight: "It's been difficult for her, one appreciates that, so one appreciates her presence
tonight even more.

"She has put addiction into the spotlight and made it acceptable to be talked about.

"She loves talking to the people we actually help and she's so good with them and genuinely interested."
Kate Middleton: Live updates as pregnant Duchess attends charity event for addicts - Mirror Online

Nice quotes. Its a great charity for Kate to be involved with

Oh yes, I always look forward to seeing her and love to see what she is wearing, I researched on of her coats because it was so darn beautiful, a red one she wore in Scotland, couldn't find it. She always looks like a lady something missing in the younger girls of today.

There is a DOC fashion thread, and this kind of stuff belongs there but try What Kate Wore and go back in the archives to find that red coat.

It's great to hear from the people that work/interact with Kate. Action is such a worthwhile charity, and I'm glad that she's involved and helping bring awareness.

I have to say, I'm not a fan of the black dress. I don't think black does anything for Kate, though I can appreciate she's trying to be more daring in her fashion choices. An up-do for the hair would make a bit of a change also.

I'm really not liking the dress she is wearing this evening ... what appears to be a white bra doesn't help either!

Yeah, that kind of jumped right out at me, too. I really like the dress, the entire look actually -- if she would have paid a little more attention to that detail.:ermm:

Thank you Dman for having provided us this video!

I watched the video of ITV news: she really seem to have found new confidence and to speak more articulated than before... I've always thought she "shines" when she does solo engagements:she has noone to back on and can find her independence... at least IMO

I'm pretty sure that's just the underlining of the dress itself. It appears to have some sort of bodice/underslip to it. I don't think we're actually seeing her bra.

There is a white lining to the dress. You can see the color difference between the body of the dress and the sleeves. I think the white lining takes away from overall effect of the dress. But could you imagine the up roar if she had appeared in a dress like this without a lining.

From the Court Circular 21 October

The Duchess of Cambridge Patron Action on Addiction, received Mr. Nick Barton upon relinquishing his appointment as Chief Executive.

The Duchess of Cambridge, Patron, Action on Addiction, received Mr. Graham Beech upon assuming the appointment

Last edited:
THE Duchess of Cambridge will visit Warminster next month in her role as patron for charity Action on Addiction and attend its Centre for Addiction Treatment Studies.

The Duchess will see the work it does in providing training, education and professional development for those working in addiction and other related fields on her visit on December 10.

This will include meeting course tutors and examiners at the centre, located at Manor House, on Ash Walk, before participating in a tutorial group discussing their training.

She will also join in a ceremony to celebrate the graduation of students from the Foundation and Honours degree programmes accredited by the University of Bath, as well as being given an update on the local M-PACT programmes which takes a whole family approach to tackling substance misuse.
Read more: Duchess of Cambridge to visit Warminster (From Wiltshire Times)

BBC Wiltshire ‏@BBCWiltshire
The Duchess of Cambridge, Patron of Action on Addiction, will visit the Centre for Addiction Treatment Studies in #Warminster on Dec 10th.

Training and Education - Action on Addiction

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom