The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-19-2013, 09:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Sad to hear about what happened in other boards. Fortunately it didn't happen here.

You raised the issue of her PR team and I agree. I've said that other times here in the forum and will say it again: they are not doing their work properly.

Any time she visits a place we read everywhere in the papers about what she's wearing bla bla bla but only a bit about the charity and what it does. Though I believe the press is to blame the most (I agree with Mantell) I also think her PR team could do more in that department

Old 02-19-2013, 09:33 PM
Heir Apparent

But why should she have had to justify her visit to an addiction centre by saying it also has an art program? Why sugar coat it? I think attending the addiction centre without also mentioning the art program makes a much stronger statement about a problem that exists and must be dealt with.

Old 02-19-2013, 09:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Look, she is pregnant and she will have a larger stomache, which, today, seems to need to use the term "bump". Nauseating. She goes where she is told to go. Addiction is a wonderful focus, but who cares if she has a personal interest in it. Diana did not have any relatives with AIDS. What nonsense.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess of Durham View Post
Stating such things is not how one wins friends.

Thank you for the info about baby movement. Cannot even begin to imagine what that feels like, especially for the first time.
The very first movements feel like bubbles popping. It all gets stronger and stronger of course after that.
Subsequent babies are felt sooner, and you show sooner.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:58 PM
Heir Apparent

The Duchess did look very lovely and healthy today; that added weight really suits her and hopefully she'll retain some after the birth. Now that The Bump is formally and officially revealed, hopefully mass hysteria over further sightings will now abate. It's good to see her kick off her series of appearances at a very worthy charity.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:48 PM
Heir Apparent

I think she looks much better now that she's put some weight back on.

LaRae
Old 02-19-2013, 10:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
But why should she have had to justify her visit to an addiction centre by saying it also has an art program? Why sugar coat it? I think attending the addiction centre without also mentioning the art program makes a much stronger statement about a problem that exists and must be dealt with.
But isn't also highlighting the programs that Hope House and other Action on Addiction programs provide part of Kate's visit and also patronage?

Everyone's entitled to their opinions, however if we're going to talk about nonsense, then bringing up Diana shaking hands w/AIDS victims at a time when there was such mass hysteria and misinformation about the disease in a thread talking about Kate and today's visit is just that. Nonsense!!

I'm starting to wish I'd never brought the topic up though. Even though I still believe the PR people screwed up a wee bit w/the message behind the visit. I just wish I hadn't said it if this is the reaction to it.
Old 02-20-2013, 01:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

Perhaps because I am not close with Ne of my uncles, but I would be surprised if that was the only reason motivating her. I have dealt with mental illness, still do, and I will admit I feel less sympathy for an alcoholic than I do for someone dealing with bi-polar or schizophrenia.
In case I was misunderstood, I do not feel Kate needs a personal attachment to a charity I was just wondering if she did have an attachment.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 02-20-2013, 01:41 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
Perhaps because I am not close with Ne of my uncles, but I would be surprised if that was the only reason motivating her. I have dealt with mental illness, still do, and I will admit I feel less sympathy for an alcoholic than I do for someone dealing with bi-polar or schizophrenia.
In case I was misunderstood, I do not feel Kate needs a personal attachment to a charity I was just wondering if she did have an attachment.
Addiction is often very closely entwined with mental illness. In many cases, it's a way of self-medicating for one problem or another that gets out of control.
Old 02-20-2013, 02:20 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
Addiction is often very closely entwined with mental illness. In many cases, it's a way of self-medicating for one problem or another that gets out of control.
Yes, this is part of why I think education about addiction is so important, and why I'm glad Kate's visit is able to call some attention to it. (And, since they were mentioned, there is a strong correlation between bipolar disorder and alcoholism, for example).
Old 02-20-2013, 06:05 AM
Nobility

Did anybody notice the large scratch on her left hand as she was tieing her dress........she must have been playing rough with Lupo
Old 02-20-2013, 08:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
But isn't also highlighting the programs that Hope House and other Action on Addiction programs provide part of Kate's visit and also patronage?
Yes, that's the point. She doesn't HAVE TO justify why she's visiting but she COULD have to that to highlight the work and raise awarness to the issue, which is after all her job.

Note that when I say She I mean her PR team.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:38 AM
Nobility

No, she doesn't have to have a personal reason for choosing Action on Addiction. But the fact is that her uncle was heavily involved, he was reported on in the newspapers, and we don't know how he might have affected her and her family as a whole. Addictive personalities run in families, so she could possibly have others in her extended family with such a problem (not saying she does!!!). In any case, the question was asked, and I answered. :-)
Old 02-20-2013, 11:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Catherine look REALLY SO BEAUTIFUL!!! and healthy, it's so nice see her again. she look perfect, really perfect.
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 10-10-2013, 10:11 AM
Imperial Majesty

Clarence House ‏@ClarenceHouse 2h
The Duchess of Cambridge will attend @100_WHF Gala Dinner in aid of @ActionAddiction at Kensington Palace on 24th October

The Duchess of Cambridge, patron of 100WHF's Philanthropic Initiatives, will be attending the Gala at Kensington Palace in aid of Action on Addiction, of which HRH is also Patron-
100 Women in Hedge Funds Events: London Gala 2013

A.W. TOZER
Old 10-10-2013, 11:55 AM
Majesty

Very excited to see that Kate is now back doing engagements and it can only increase further and further!
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 10-10-2013, 10:24 PM
Majesty

Letter from Duchess of Cambridge re WHF and Action on Addiction

100 Women in Hedge Funds: Letter from Duchess of Cambridge

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 10-11-2013, 11:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post

Beautiful letter. Britian is fortunate to have such a compassionate woman in Catherine as their future Queen.
Old 10-11-2013, 11:14 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post

Thank you for sharing this. The letter is beautiful, and Catherine's passion for this cause is very clear. United Kingdom is indeed very lucky to have this woman as their future Queen Consort.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 10-24-2013, 03:37 PM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

Live blog from tonight's charity dinner here:

LIVE: Kate Middleton at 100 Women in Hedge Funds addiction charity dinner after Prince George christening - Mirror Online

HuffPostUK Pic Desk ‏@HuffPostUKPics The Duchess of Cambridge arrives at a gala dinner hosted by the 100 Women in Hedge Funds Philanthropic Initiatives. pic.twitter.com/vw0nKNnmwU

Hello: Kate wears elegant floor-length gown for charity dinner

Daily Mail: Kate leaves William to babysit and dons ball gown for gala event at Kensington Palace

Lehtikuva.fi

Getty Images: The Duchess Of Cambridge Attends 100 Women In Hedge Funds Gala Dinner In Aid Of Action On Addiction