The Duchess of Cambridge and Sporting Patronages

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Daily Fail why not go all in with your innuendo and use a photo of when Kate pregnant with Charlotte visited Land Rover BAR. She also has met and smiled at Andy Murray a lot too. William looks awful cozy with the Welsh rugby team and don't forget Joss Stone and both princes. ?

So many more garbage Daily Mail stories right there. It's so easy.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Some nice quotes from yesterday. Kate is so genuine and caring. It really shines through during her engagements

"She was lovely beautiful and friendly," Tiyah Windslade, 17, told reporters shortly after presenting a bouquet to Kate on behalf of the 1851 Trust, which is using the America's Cup to inspire a new generation to become involved with the marine world – with a strong focus on those from underprivileged families

"I almost started crying!," Tiyah added about meeting with Kate, who paired a BAR team shirt bearing the words "The Duchess of Cambridge," with tight skinny jeans and beige espadrille wedges.

"She spoke a lot about mental health and how we need to stop people from feeling ashamed about themselves and come out and be very open about their mental health. And she said that we are the voice reaching out to people because we are working with them on the ground.

"It is great to have them involved," Tiyah continued. "They give us so much support."

"He was really lovely too", Tiyah added about William.
Kate Middleton and Prince William at America's Cup Event : People.com

Last edited:
Quotes from SportsAid chief executive Tim Lawler

As the Summer Olympics draw to a close, one fan is feeling a particular kind of pride.

Princess Kate has been keeping close watch as alumni of a charity she backs, SportsAid, rack up medals at the Rio Games. (17 golds, 14 silvers and eight bronze, to be exact.)

SportsAid, which marks its 40th anniversary this year – an event that Kate marked with a celebration dinner at her Kensington Palace home in June – helps up-and-coming athletes with financial and other support as they bid to become heroes of the future.

... When she meets athletes and their families or coaches, Kate is "attentive, curious, informed genuinely passionate," Lawler adds. "Right from the start, we said we would like her to be their champion. She can shine such a great spotlight on them and their story."

And the budding Olympians "take this huge lift that someone like her has that degree of personal interest in their journey."

Kate has "always shown a pride and interest in cycling," says Lawler, and she's interested in shining a light on a host of sports. "Wheelchair basketball is one that we have in our radar to try," adds Lawler, as Kate has told them there will be "a moment for that."
Read more: Kate Middleton's Charity SportsAid Backs Olympians to Glory : People.com

Last edited:
Last edited:
This is great, Kate can be the de facto tennis supporter for the BRF now.

Great to see Kate taking on more patronages.

LaRae

Those were some great photos of Catherine today, I particularly liked the ones of her with the little flower girl - she's always been natural with children, even before she had two of her own.

The Duchess of Cambridge has said her mum has a crush on tennis ace Roger Federer.

Kate made the revelation while speaking of her love of the sport ahead of Wimbledon next week.

The 35-year-old, who became patron of the All England Tennis Club last year, said: “I have watched Wimbledon, that was very much part of my growing up.

“I was really taken by Agassi and Sampras, Ivanisevic and Steffi Graf. Those are my first memories. Roger [Federer] is my mother’s heartthrob. I don’t think she will mind me saying that! I think he probably knows that too.”
Kate Middleton reveals her mum has a crush on Roger Federer in tell-all tennis documentary - Mirror Online

Well, who does not have a crush on Roger Federer? Gorgeous, a gentleman, polished, wealthy. I'd be more than glad to sit next to him at dinner. Carole and I have much in common, I guess. Of the two of us, she just might get to do that! :lol:
And a wee tad off topic.

Princess Kate is feeling the love-love!

On Monday, the tennis-loving royal debuted a new shorter hairdo as she sat front and center for the start of Wimbledon — an event she recently called “a quintessential part of English summer.”

The royal mom wore a polka dot Dolce & Gabbana dress as she headed to the iconic sports arena in London before the first match of the day to meet with some of the young people who will help serve the courts as ballboys and girls over the next two weeks.

She also chatted with some of the tournament’s stewards and medical and safety teams before settling into the royal box to watch some of the matches.

Kate recently became the new royal patron of the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club, which runs the championships.
Read more: Princess Kate Wears Polka Dot Dress at Wimbledon

The Duchess of Cambridge, Patron of @Wimbledon, accompanied
by The Duke, will attend the Gentlemen's Singles Final of #Wimbledon* on Sunday.

Via Kensington Palace Twitter

Back
Top Bottom