The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-13-2019, 09:43 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

The Duchess of Cambridge and Sporting Patronages

No idea where we’re posting this anymore but Catherine has arrived for the women’s singles final. She arrived with her sister Pippa.

https://twitter.com/royanikkhah/stat...711598081?s=21

Upon arrival she greeted Junior Players;
https://twitter.com/paimages/status/...480452102?s=21

Old 07-13-2019, 10:45 AM
Majesty

The Duchess of Cambridge has arrived at Wimbledon ahead of the women's singles final. Kate, patron of the All England Lawn Tennis Club, will be watching the tennis action from the Royal Box on Centre Court.

After arriving the duchess spoke to a group of junior players due to play in a girls' doubles semi-final, she ended the conversation by saying “may see you on Centre Court one day”

Old 07-14-2019, 10:07 AM
Majesty

“The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have arrived at Wimbledon for Roger Federer's clash with Novak Djokovic in the men’s singles final. Kate wore a pale blue 1950s style mid-length dress with nude heels, while William looked casual in a grey suit jacket with navy trousers.”

“The royal pair met some of the ball boys and ball girls and senior figures from the All England Lawn Tennis Club (AELTC), including head referee and former player Andrew Jarrett.”

Old 07-14-2019, 02:39 PM
Nobility

Duchess of Cambridge presented the trophies after today's Men's final and I'm so happy! I've been waiting for that!

Now all I need is Andy Murray coming back and winning Wimbledon and Catherine presenting the trophy to him, the ultimate dream. Oh, and a picture of Catherine with Kim Murray - two of the best blowouts in the UK
Old 07-14-2019, 02:45 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fem View Post
Duchess of Cambridge presented the trophies after today's Men's final and I'm so happy! I've been waiting for that!

Now all I need is Andy Murray coming back and winning Wimbledon and Catherine presenting the trophy to him, the ultimate dream. Oh, and a picture of Catherine with Kim Murray - two of the best blowouts in the UK
Don't know why today and not yesterday and also feel a bit embarrassed for the Duke of Kent, the actual President of Wimbledon, to be sidelined like this after all his decades of service. I thought Catherine would have done the presentation after the Duke had retired/died. Don't see why it had to happen now.
Old 07-14-2019, 02:47 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie25 View Post
Don't know why today and not yesterday and also feel a bit embarrassed for the Duke of Kent as actual President of Wimbledon to be sidelined like this after all of these decades. I thought Catherine would have done the presentation after the Duke had retired/died. Don't see why it had to happen now.
The Duke has clearly been spoken to about this, and has agreed to it. I don't really see why it's an issue.
Old 07-14-2019, 02:52 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
The Duke has clearly been spoken to about this, and has agreed to it. I don't really see why it's an issue.
Well we don't know how he feels about it. I personally would have given him the courtesy of doing the presentation until he retired. He is the President of the All England Club after all and in his eighties so what was the rush? I also don't get why Catherine did the presentation today and not yesterday but that's another question.
Old 07-14-2019, 02:59 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie25 View Post
Well we don't know how he feels about it. I personally would have given him the courtesy of doing the presentation until he retired. He is the President of the All England Club after all and in his eighties so what was the rush? I also don't get why Catherine did the presentation today and not yesterday but that's another question.
I didn't say we did know how he felt.

What's clear is that there's a reason why Catherine presented the trophies today and because Catherine doesn't seem the rude type to elbow The Duke of Kent out of the picture, I think we can assume The Duke was fine with the arrangement.
Old 07-14-2019, 07:12 PM
Majesty

The Duke of Cambridge and The Duchess of Cambridge, Patron, All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club, and Patron, the Lawn Tennis Association, this afternoon attended the Lawn Tennis Championships at Church Road, Wimbledon, London SW19.

- COURT CIRCULAR || 14 JULY 2019

The Duchess of Cambridge, Patron, All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club, and Patron, the Lawn Tennis Association, accompanied by The Duchess of Sussex, this afternoon attended the Lawn Tennis Championships at Church Road, Wimbledon, London SW19.

- COURT CIRCULAR || 13 JULY 2019
Old 07-14-2019, 07:14 PM
Heir Apparent

I believe that the Duke of Kent and the Duchess of Cambridge would have conferred about their respective trophy duties for the 2019 Tournament prior to the event.
IMO it is not a slight to anyone for the AELTC Patron and President to share the role as trophy presenter. Also in 2019 I believe that it is appropriate for Edward to present the trophy to the Ladies' Champion and for Catherine to present it to the Men's Champion.��
Old 09-30-2019, 07:54 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cambridge has praised the ‘often unrivalled dedication’ shown by talented young athletes and their families in a message celebrating this year’s SportsAid Week. In the message, The Duchess also highlighted ‘the supporters and partners of SportsAid’ for the role they have played in ensuring the athletes can pursue their ambitions. The Duchess became the Patron of SportsAid in 2013.
Read more: HRH The Duchess of Cambridge sends message to celebrate SportsAid Week