The 'Cambridge Set' and Friends

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you! Unfortunately, their profiles in the Instagram are closed. I would like to watch. I know that in January they had a son. Interesting to know, how many years Anneke?

And I know about Alexander Gilkes. Very nice man :wub:

Yes I can find one small mention on twitter of a son named Freddie in January.

Cant find anything on how old Anneke is. Any real detail, other then her job, I have not found.

Thank you! Unfortunately, their profiles in the Instagram are closed. I would like to watch. I know that in January they had a son. Interesting to know, how many years Anneke?

And I know about Alexander Gilkes. Very nice man :wub:

From the "England & Wales, Civil Registration Birth Index, 1916-2007" database in Ancestry:

Anneke Julia Von Trotha Taylor, born 1986 Quarter 1, Portsmouth Registration district, mother's maiden name Brown.

also: Maximilian Michael C Von Trotha Taylor, born 1988 Quarter 3, Southampton Registration district, mother's maiden name Brown.

According to this source Anneke had a birthday party on 14 January 2016:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BA7rLeqFbeg/

Phoebe Dickinson for BP Portrait Award 2018 | Tatler Magazine

At the last state dinner, Harry sat next to the Marchioness of Cholmondeley. (Several forum posts mentioned what a striking couple they made).

She is married to the Lord Great Chamberlain, and here is an adorable portrait of their three children.

I've met her! A few years ago, a travelling exhibit about Houghton Hall came to my city and I went to a preview tour of the show. The Lord Great Chamberlain actually was there leading the tour with the curator and the Marchioness just sort of mixed in with us in the crowd as we followed on through the show. The end of the exhibit area opened into another travelling show, one of modern portraiture, and she was surprised to spot her grandmother on the wall. She exclaimed, I happened to be the person standing next to her at the time, and we ended up chatting for a few minutes about her grandmother and some of the other portraits in that exhibit.

She seemed much younger than her husband, young enough that my first impression was just "trophy wife." But in conversation, albeit a brief one, she was quiet, intense and seemed very smart. She was honing in on some very interesting details of the art, anyway.

They like to drum up drama, and the more the better. Adding the 'falling out with her best friend' certainly upped that :bang:

I know they are friends with the couple, but I hardly recall Rose being on the level of 'best friend' status with Kate. But of course they need to up the bond to make the story even more steamy.

It's embarrasing as well how the media presume that the ultimate punishment for those out of favour would be getting put out of William and Kate's social circle. It's not medieval times for goodness sake, I'm sure they will survive and that's if they actually care at all ?

If the story is true, wonder what the quarrel was about?
The two women have something in common,since Rose and her sister Marina were compared to Kate and Pippa as Wisteria Sisters by the tabloids.

It seems like this is the tabloids having a slow news day and wanting some gossip. I first read the rumour in the Mirror and found it quite hard to believe -especially considering that the only photos shown of the two friends together were very warm and welcoming! :ermm:

I find it hard to believe that Catherine, a happily married mother of three, from a stable family, and a senior member of the Firm, would engage in petty arguments with her neighbor. Too classy for that, class being the operative word.

:previous: And even if, it is her decision and her private life.

I agree. That's why I didn't even bother with the article. Its poking its nose into somewhere it doesn't belong at all.

Perhaps the staff and writers for the Fail all had hunkered down for the weekend at the office figuring that with the march, they'd not get anywhere anytime soon so they had to make up something juicy to print. :lol:

I can believe that the two were/are friends. But I don't buy the claim 'they were best friends', considering she isn't the godmother to any of the three Cambridge kids.

What I think is the likely story, is that the women use to socialize regularly back when the Cambridges lived primarily in Norfolk, with William in the EAAA. Now that the Cambridges have their main base in London with George going to school there, I'm sure the women are no longer crossing paths nearly as much. Whether Rose is feeling left behind to the London friends, or if it's just the tabloids being impish, either way I hope this nonsense doesn't impact the future relationship between the two couples by making them awkward around each other.

Last edited:
If the story is true, wonder what the quarrel was about?
The two women have something in common,since Rose and her sister Marina were compared to Kate and Pippa as Wisteria Sisters by the tabloids.

Not that I believe any of this but apparently Rose is also a patron of East Anglia Children's Hospice. Maybe she is doing more for them than Kate or Kate is mad that Rose is infringing on her territory.

Or they could have a lot in common and actually work together for a common cause. :D

The thing that gets me about this "rumor" is that if, at any time, Rose and Kate formed a close friendship enough to work together for a common cause, she would have passed the "circle of trust" test long before any friendship really flowered.

A close friend would also realize the scope and the importance of Kate being a full time working senior royal for the "Firm". Kate probably doesn't have the time she'd like to have to spend with each and every one of her friends but that doesn't mean there's a rift in the relationship.

Life changes, people move and responsibilities grow. I'm not as close to some of my friends in Michigan that was 21 years ago as I live miles away now but we still keep in touch.

I think that these silly news stories are the media's way to poke, in a roundabout way at Francoise-Marie Banier and the Marquess.

I think it's as simple as when Kate was living in Norfolk she saw a lot more of Rose, now with three kids and living out of London, not so much.

But that's not a story so of course Kate has 'banished' her from the turnup toffs. Off with their heads.

I never cease to be amazed at the depths the media are willing to sink to. For months we have been regaled with the truly awful things Meghan has done to Catherine and now, with no Meghan in sight, Catherine could be seen to reign supreme. But no, there must always be 'trouble at' palace'.

And yes, this is really nasty stuff. Not only is Catherine presented as a snobbish go-getter with a pathological need to be best and keep other possible contenders suppressed, but she has a need to destroy their lives for having the temerity to make Catherine feel threatened.

She is reported to have demanded William see to it that Rose Hanbury is frozen out of their inner circle, which means all their mutual friends will also have to cut her out of their circle. Now that is vicious . . . and right up the sleazy DM back alley.

I wonder if Catherine or Rose know that they have declared war on each other yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
And people still pay attention to this tripe? All I have to do is see the words "Richard Kay" and I *know* its not worth my time and energies to read. :lol:

Actually part of his article makes sense. The pointing out the 'Kate falling out with her besty' is right on. There is no evidence that these couples are very close, not alone best friends. We have seen them at some charity events, and as Kay said, they may have hunted together. Like the Earl of Leicester also mentioned, I have never seen any mention till now that they were that close.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is about Kate and William's friends, so let's stick to the subject and not turn this into another discussion about Meghan or Harry.

To me, the situation seems so simple to resolve: Kate and Rose should attend an event together, or simply have lunch.
Show up smiling, and that will go a long way to squash the rumors.

To me, the situation seems so simple to resolve: Kate and Rose should attend an event together, or simply have lunch.
Show up smiling, and that will go a long way to squash the rumors.

Wouldn't that though be taking their private relationship into something that is very, very public to feed public opinion? I don't see either of them wishing to do this.

:previous:
Perhaps, but it is simpler than taking legal action (if it's true that is something both sides considered).

I'd prefer to think they're laughing at all of this while sipping a glass of chardonnay over the phone. "oops.. gotta go. Louis is about to clunk his head on the table here. Talk soon."

The Life of the Others...

On a more abstract level: I wonder, if royals can have "real" friends, you know, not buddies, but trustworthy friends.

Once I followed a link here in the forums onto the "Daily Mail" and did read on further... and there seems to be a girl which did rise to fame, because she might have had (!) a one night stand with this Justin Bieber guy...

The days of privacy are over, there are smartphones with extraordinary good cameras everywhere! For royals the life outside their palaces must be like an orwellian nightmare!

So, to close the circle: What, if the Duchess and the Marchionesse were never real friends?

On a more abstract level: I wonder, if royals can have "real" friends, you know, not buddies, but trustworthy friends.

Queen Sofia of Spain once allegedly said that "Royals don't have friends, they have family"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom