The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-01-2019, 09:29 PM
Majesty

Not only is this person a conspiracy theorist she does herself no favours by saying she's a member of 'team Meghan'.

Doesn't exactly bolster your credibility.

Old 04-01-2019, 09:35 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Not only is this person a conspiracy theorist she does herself no favours by saying she's a member of 'team Meghan'.

Doesn't exactly bolster your credibility.
Didn't want to get involved, but that is not where this rumour started. It started with Richard Kay's over reaction to an article, and that set tongues wagging and a few people in the Norfolk set tweeting about it. The tweets were deleted, however, not soon enough and people began talking about it. Nicole then picked up on it.

Old 04-01-2019, 09:46 PM
Majesty

The person who deleted the tweet has nothing to do with Norfolk. Google the name and it's not exactly without twitter controversy.

And here's where it makes me do a double take. The dude who deleted the tweet parties at SoHo House with Meghan and Harry. What a coincidence.

Again does nothing to give credibility to his gossip.

As Pranter pointed out about the Sussexes, social media is full of of gossip.
Old 04-01-2019, 09:47 PM
Heir Apparent

A couple gossip sites and Nicole Cliffe herself attribute the rumor to a now deleted tweet by food critic Giles Coren. He seems to have a history of creating controversy.
Old 04-01-2019, 09:52 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
A couple gossip sites and Nicole Cliffe herself attribute the rumor to a now deleted tweet by food critic Giles Coren.
Not only him. There were two other tweets. There are actual screen shots of these, and these a people in the Norfolk set. Again, this all began because Richard Kay went gaga over a stupid write up in the DM about Kate and Rose. No one was paying attention to the original article until he came back 'guns a blazing' in defence and people started to talk.

I'm also really sorry that sordid story has made its way here. It has been doing the rounds for a few weeks now, and like someone else said upthread, I'm surprised KP hasn't shut it down. Then again, the few individuals who tweeted about it deleted their tweets in about a 20 minute time period, and they were British. The tweets that are still up are American, and there in nothing that KP can do about those unless they bring in the heavy guns.
Old 04-01-2019, 10:02 PM
Majesty

There's nothing to shutdown. I mean if the forum rules have changed that we can now post random twitter gossip the boards will change for the worse.

See how much gossip and rumour is out there about Meghan
Old 04-01-2019, 10:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
There's nothing to shutdown. I mean if the forum rules have changed that we can now post random twitter gossip the boards will change for the worse.

See how much gossip and rumour is out there about Meghan
Isn't the big difference here if we discuss the rumours as facts or if we discuss the controversy the rumours have started? I was trying to do the latter myself.
Old 04-01-2019, 10:16 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
Isn't the big difference here if we discuss the rumours as facts or if we discuss the controversy the rumours have started? I was doing the latter myself.
Absolutely. My comment wasnt toward any one individual.
Old 04-01-2019, 10:17 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Isn't the big difference here if we discuss the rumours as facts or if we discuss the controversy the rumours have started? I was doing the latter myself.
Precisely.
Old 04-01-2019, 10:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Absolutely. My comment wasnt toward any one individual.
No, I got that. I was just checking if I had interpreted the forum rules correctly.
Old 04-01-2019, 10:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

I'm on Twitter but I haven't seen the tweets ...the only thing I've seen (a few tweets) of whatever woman who did like a dozen tweets in a row describing what supposedly happened ...I just rolled my eyes (it read like a romance novel) and moved on. I can't believe anyone was thinking she was accurate.

LaRae
Old 04-01-2019, 10:26 PM
Majesty

Quote:
No, I got that. I was just checking if I had interpreted the forum rules correctly.
But the controversy is social media generated. It's all rumours and gossip. Russell Myers says there's no foundation to the gossip

TRF rules state that comments and posts must be backed up by facts, not rumours or gossip but at the least a media source.
Old 04-01-2019, 10:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I'm on Twitter but I haven't seen the tweets ...the only thing I've seen (a few tweets) of whatever woman who did like a dozen tweets in a row describing what supposedly happened ...I just rolled my eyes (it read like a romance novel) and moved on. I can't believe anyone was thinking she was accurate.

LaRae
To see how many and who have chosen to believe what that person obviously made up have been very surprising *inserting Joey from Friends with open mouth gif*
Old 04-01-2019, 10:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
But the controversy is social media generated. It's all rumours and gossip. Russell Myers says there's no foundation to the gossip

TRF rules state that comments and posts must be backed up by facts, not rumours or gossip but at the least a media source.
What is a “media source” these days though? Just because it is online doesn’t mean it is not media. I had an article about this come up on my Yahoo feed. The “media” in question seems like a scandal sheet, but it is identified as media/news company.
Old 04-01-2019, 10:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
What is a “media source” these days though?
My Labour Law professor once said that the most important lesson a higher education will give us is the ability to know what is a serious source and what isn't. I've made good use of that ability on social media in the last year or so.
Old 04-01-2019, 10:36 PM
Majesty

Quote:
What is a “media source” these days though? I had an article about this come up on my Yahoo feed.
I would say at the least a source has an editor to answer to. Or a reporter.

I'm just pointing out that if we use social media as the 'source' of gossip than things can go sideways pretty fast.
Old 04-01-2019, 10:41 PM
Courtier

Social media is a cess pool, a viper's nest. While it can be used for good, it seems people use it more often to hurt each other more than anything else. How about we all agree to stop discussing this particular topic about the Cambridges. It's all gossip, rumour and innuendos at this point.
Old 04-01-2019, 10:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Richard Kay never should have wrote his weird little article. This rumor was fascinating to watch unfold. Just goes to remind how easy a so called rumor can be twisted and turn into something else entirely.

I have seen some of the same individuals reject this one but are very quick to believe other rumors of other royals. And to be fair the reverse has happened. How about we remember we don't know these people and majority of the crap we read is likely not true.... or some twisted version of a piece of the truth.

KP is wise to ignore it like they ignore everything else. But honestly I don't see most reporters touching something like this unless they have pretty solid evidence. Why risk it over some hearsay?

At the end of the day people will believe what they want anyways.
Old 04-01-2019, 10:56 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
At the end of the day people will believe what they want anyways.
Well and herein lies the rub. We see it every day on the forums.
Old 04-01-2019, 11:34 PM
Nobility

Rumors are rumors. Ignore them and move on.