The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-23-2019, 05:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

I find it hard to believe that Catherine, a happily married mother of three, from a stable family, and a senior member of the Firm, would engage in petty arguments with her neighbor. Too classy for that, class being the operative word.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 03-23-2019, 07:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

And even if, it is her decision and her private life.

Old 03-23-2019, 07:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I agree. That's why I didn't even bother with the article. Its poking its nose into somewhere it doesn't belong at all.

Perhaps the staff and writers for the Fail all had hunkered down for the weekend at the office figuring that with the march, they'd not get anywhere anytime soon so they had to make up something juicy to print.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 03-23-2019, 08:59 PM
Royal Highness

I can believe that the two were/are friends. But I don't buy the claim 'they were best friends', considering she isn't the godmother to any of the three Cambridge kids.

What I think is the likely story, is that the women use to socialize regularly back when the Cambridges lived primarily in Norfolk, with William in the EAAA. Now that the Cambridges have their main base in London with George going to school there, I'm sure the women are no longer crossing paths nearly as much. Whether Rose is feeling left behind to the London friends, or if it's just the tabloids being impish, either way I hope this nonsense doesn't impact the future relationship between the two couples by making them awkward around each other.
Old 03-23-2019, 09:06 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
If the story is true, wonder what the quarrel was about?
The two women have something in common,since Rose and her sister Marina were compared to Kate and Pippa as Wisteria Sisters by the tabloids.

Not that I believe any of this but apparently Rose is also a patron of East Anglia Children's Hospice. Maybe she is doing more for them than Kate or Kate is mad that Rose is infringing on her territory.
Old 03-23-2019, 09:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

Or they could have a lot in common and actually work together for a common cause.

The thing that gets me about this "rumor" is that if, at any time, Rose and Kate formed a close friendship enough to work together for a common cause, she would have passed the "circle of trust" test long before any friendship really flowered.

A close friend would also realize the scope and the importance of Kate being a full time working senior royal for the "Firm". Kate probably doesn't have the time she'd like to have to spend with each and every one of her friends but that doesn't mean there's a rift in the relationship.

Life changes, people move and responsibilities grow. I'm not as close to some of my friends in Michigan that was 21 years ago as I live miles away now but we still keep in touch.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

Old 03-23-2019, 09:25 PM
Nobility

I think that these silly news stories are the media's way to poke, in a roundabout way at Francoise-Marie Banier and the Marquess.
Old 03-24-2019, 03:22 PM
Majesty

I think it's as simple as when Kate was living in Norfolk she saw a lot more of Rose, now with three kids and living out of London, not so much.

But that's not a story so of course Kate has 'banished' her from the turnup toffs. Off with their heads.
Old 03-24-2019, 09:00 PM
Majesty

I never cease to be amazed at the depths the media are willing to sink to. For months we have been regaled with the truly awful things Meghan has done to Catherine and now, with no Meghan in sight, Catherine could be seen to reign supreme. But no, there must always be 'trouble at' palace'.

And yes, this is really nasty stuff. Not only is Catherine presented as a snobbish go-getter with a pathological need to be best and keep other possible contenders suppressed, but she has a need to destroy their lives for having the temerity to make Catherine feel threatened.

She is reported to have demanded William see to it that Rose Hanbury is frozen out of their inner circle, which means all their mutual friends will also have to cut her out of their circle. Now that is vicious . . . and right up the sleazy DM back alley.

I wonder if Catherine or Rose know that they have declared war on each other yet.
Old 03-24-2019, 09:50 PM
Serene Highness

@Marg- the tabloids are coming for the marchioness' parents about this falling. But Richard Kay just made it worse with his opinion piece of an attempted takedown of Kate

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rm-teacup.html

He just raised suspicion of trouble and worrying about the Cambridges' family image and in 48 hours. He should have left it alone.
Old 03-24-2019, 10:48 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
@Marg- the tabloids are coming for the marchioness' parents about this falling. But Richard Kay just made it worse with his opinion piece of an attempted takedown of Kate

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rm-teacup.html

He just raised suspicion of trouble and worrying about the Cambridges' family image and in 48 hours. He should have left it alone.
Richard Kay's article is bizarre.
Old 03-24-2019, 10:48 PM
Imperial Majesty

And people still pay attention to this tripe? All I have to do is see the words "Richard Kay" and I *know* its not worth my time and energies to read.

Old 03-24-2019, 11:57 PM
Imperial Majesty

Actually part of his article makes sense. The pointing out the 'Kate falling out with her besty' is right on. There is no evidence that these couples are very close, not alone best friends. We have seen them at some charity events, and as Kay said, they may have hunted together. Like the Earl of Leicester also mentioned, I have never seen any mention till now that they were that close.
Old 03-25-2019, 12:59 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

This thread is about Kate and William's friends, so let's stick to the subject and not turn this into another discussion about Meghan or Harry.
Old 03-27-2019, 07:45 AM
Heir Apparent

To me, the situation seems so simple to resolve: Kate and Rose should attend an event together, or simply have lunch.
Show up smiling, and that will go a long way to squash the rumors.
Old 03-27-2019, 07:50 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
To me, the situation seems so simple to resolve: Kate and Rose should attend an event together, or simply have lunch.
Show up smiling, and that will go a long way to squash the rumors.
Wouldn't that though be taking their private relationship into something that is very, very public to feed public opinion? I don't see either of them wishing to do this.

Old 03-27-2019, 09:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Perhaps, but it is simpler than taking legal action (if it's true that is something both sides considered).
Old 03-27-2019, 09:56 AM
Imperial Majesty

I'd prefer to think they're laughing at all of this while sipping a glass of chardonnay over the phone. "oops.. gotta go. Louis is about to clunk his head on the table here. Talk soon."

Old 03-27-2019, 10:02 AM
Aristocracy

The Life of the Others...

On a more abstract level: I wonder, if royals can have "real" friends, you know, not buddies, but trustworthy friends.

Once I followed a link here in the forums onto the "Daily Mail" and did read on further... and there seems to be a girl which did rise to fame, because she might have had (!) a one night stand with this Justin Bieber guy...

The days of privacy are over, there are smartphones with extraordinary good cameras everywhere! For royals the life outside their palaces must be like an orwellian nightmare!

So, to close the circle: What, if the Duchess and the Marchionesse were never real friends?
Old 03-27-2019, 10:07 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by victor1319 View Post
On a more abstract level: I wonder, if royals can have "real" friends, you know, not buddies, but trustworthy friends.
Queen Sofia of Spain once allegedly said that "Royals don't have friends, they have family"