The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-19-2016, 11:09 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I remember that; she said when she finally met William, they laughed about the way the press had paired them up.
Must be a wierd situation. "Oh, hi stranger! Appearantly we're soulmates according to the papers" :P

Old 08-03-2017, 03:01 PM
Imperial Majesty

Sad news to hear. Catherine's childhood friend, Isobel Kennerley, passed away back in May:
Kate Middleton's childhood friend dies aged 33

A.W. TOZER
Old 08-03-2017, 03:59 PM
Nobility

It's very sad to hear that Isobel Kennerley passed away, but was she really a friend of Catherine's? I did Brownies with a bunch of girls when I was a kid, too, and couldn't tell you today what any of their names were, except for one that I stayed in touch with for many years.
Old 08-03-2017, 05:18 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I agree, it's the DM making a story out of nothing. I doubt Catherine has seen this girl in 20+ years, which is through no fault of her own, it's a shame that the DM has dragged this up about this woman for no reason other than a headline.
Old 08-03-2017, 10:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarebaby View Post
It's very sad to hear that Isobel Kennerley passed away, but was she really a friend of Catherine's? I did Brownies with a bunch of girls when I was a kid, too, and couldn't tell you today what any of their names were, except for one that I stayed in touch with for many years.

Me too.
It was all so long ago; does Kate even remember this girl?
Old 08-04-2017, 03:56 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I agree, it's the DM making a story out of nothing. I doubt Catherine has seen this girl in 20+ years, which is through no fault of her own, it's a shame that the DM has dragged this up about this woman for no reason other than a headline.
It's sad news to hear; but I agree. The Daily Fail seem to like making mountains out of molehills. I stopped reading their articles a while ago, because the spelling mistakes and nasty headlines irritated me. I only look at the photos now - it's a shame they're so good.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 08-07-2017, 07:18 AM
Courtier

I believe Isobel's mum gave the interview on Isobel's life (which included being a childhood friend of the Middleton girls as a result of shared interests) but it was aimed specifically about her death and what she had to deal with and how much better these situations could be handled.
Old 03-12-2018, 12:16 AM

Hi

Does anyone know anything interesting about Charlie Gilkes and his wife Anneke? Charlie is a friend of Harry and Will. I know he owns the Inception Group network in London

Sorry for my bad english =))
Old 03-12-2018, 02:09 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring_kiss View Post
Hi

Does anyone know anything interesting about Charlie Gilkes and his wife Anneke? Charlie is a friend of Harry and Will. I know he owns the Inception Group network in London

Sorry for my bad english =))
Said he once dated Pippa, though that is not true. Were friends at University. Went to Eton with Harry and William.

One of his bars is definitely interesting (for anyone who doesn't know, Inception group is a group of drinking clubs). It has a statue of David where the alcohol comes out of....well let you use your imagination. And their is a fresco of a nude orgy (with the owners faces painted in the fresco)

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/11/s...nightlife.html

Royals including Prince Harry, and Princess Beatrice join Pippa Middleton for the Italian wedding of her former flame | Daily Mail Online

His brother Alex owns Paddle 8, the company Eugenie worked for in NY. Alex was married to Misha Noonoo who is a friend of Meghan Markle, and is rumored to have been the one to introduce her to Harry.

Anneke works in marketing for de Gournay which makes custom wallpaper.

https://degournay.com/

According to his twitter, he will be opening three new locations of his chain called 'Mr Fog's' which is of course named for Phinease Fogg (around the world in 80 days)

https://twitter.com/charliegilkes/st...30862219710464

So been stalking his twitter out of boredom. Mainly business posts but boy do they have an adorable dog.

https://twitter.com/charliegilkes/st...27326915031040

https://twitter.com/charliegilkes

https://twitter.com/charliegilkes

Oh The David statue in action

https://twitter.com/BungaBungaLDN/st...25842175533057

https://twitter.com/charliegilkes/st...72705296621568
Old 03-12-2018, 02:41 AM

Thank you! Unfortunately, their profiles in the Instagram are closed. I would like to watch. I know that in January they had a son. Interesting to know, how many years Anneke?

And I know about Alexander Gilkes. Very nice man
Old 03-12-2018, 03:02 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Thank you! Unfortunately, their profiles in the Instagram are closed. I would like to watch. I know that in January they had a son. Interesting to know, how many years Anneke?

Yes I can find one small mention on twitter of a son named Freddie in January.

Cant find anything on how old Anneke is. Any real detail, other then her job, I have not found.
Old 04-17-2018, 07:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Phoebe Dickinson for BP Portrait Award 2018 | Tatler Magazine

At the last state dinner, Harry sat next to the Marchioness of Cholmondeley. (Several forum posts mentioned what a striking couple they made).

She is married to the Lord Great Chamberlain, and here is an adorable portrait of their three children.
Old 04-17-2018, 07:52 AM
Courtier

Quote:

From the "England & Wales, Civil Registration Birth Index, 1916-2007" database in Ancestry:

Anneke Julia Von Trotha Taylor, born 1986 Quarter 1, Portsmouth Registration district, mother's maiden name Brown.

also: Maximilian Michael C Von Trotha Taylor, born 1988 Quarter 3, Southampton Registration district, mother's maiden name Brown.

According to this source Anneke had a birthday party on 14 January 2016:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BA7rLeqFbeg/
Old 04-17-2018, 07:57 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Phoebe Dickinson for BP Portrait Award 2018 | Tatler Magazine

At the last state dinner, Harry sat next to the Marchioness of Cholmondeley. (Several forum posts mentioned what a striking couple they made).

She is married to the Lord Great Chamberlain, and here is an adorable portrait of their three children.
I've met her! A few years ago, a travelling exhibit about Houghton Hall came to my city and I went to a preview tour of the show. The Lord Great Chamberlain actually was there leading the tour with the curator and the Marchioness just sort of mixed in with us in the crowd as we followed on through the show. The end of the exhibit area opened into another travelling show, one of modern portraiture, and she was surprised to spot her grandmother on the wall. She exclaimed, I happened to be the person standing next to her at the time, and we ended up chatting for a few minutes about her grandmother and some of the other portraits in that exhibit.

She seemed much younger than her husband, young enough that my first impression was just "trophy wife." But in conversation, albeit a brief one, she was quiet, intense and seemed very smart. She was honing in on some very interesting details of the art, anyway.
Old 04-28-2018, 12:16 PM
Majesty

Some lighter weekend reading

“How very cosy, Kate: As it's revealed Princess Charlotte's sell-out dress was made by an old school friend of her mum, meet the nexus of posh fashionista chums getting a MEGA sales boost every time Kate wears their designs“

Meet the fashionistas getting a sales boost every time Kate wears their designs* | Daily Mail Online