The Birth of HRH Princess Charlotte of Cambridge: May 2, 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think the meaning of the names is pretty simple actually. Charlotte: a lovely name, traditional but modern too. A name that encloses both family: Charles, Philippa Charlotte. (Hint to Carol as well)
Elizabeth: the queen obviously. But aso a reference to Kate's second name Catherine Elizabeth. Carole is also Carole Elizabeth.
Diana: well, no need for words...

Really, i think it is pretty clear...

William didn't want to speak to the Press because Nicholas Witchell of the BBC was at the shared microphone. They were going to say a few words before William caught a glimpse of Witchell.

William, and his father, loathe Witchell ever since that photo-op at the ski resort just before Charles and Camilla's wedding. Charles made his feelings clear under his breath then, and William seems to be continuing the grudge.

People are making mountains out of mole hills to have something to yak about... It was a birth of a beautiful baby girl but it was simple and quick with no harrowing complications so no drama to speak of and since we won't see photos of her to obsess or as it happens critique for awhile nitpicking blindingly obvious and expected name choices are all people have.

The only name that we know for sure was named after someone is Diana. The other 2 names could be for a royal or a Middleton or a spencer or just because they like it.

We knew Elizabeth was for sure. Likely they choose that in honor of The Queen first and foremost.

I don't know. If they were going to use Diana for his mother it would look like an insult and maybe even somewhat hurtful to Charles not to put his name in also.I can't see William wanting that as he loves both of his parents dearly. I think the Charlotte is for him and it is a nice fluke it is her sisters middle name also.

[Infact, I was logging into my computer to see if baby Cambridge had been born when the earthquake hit. It violently shook the room.

Baby Charlotte Elizabeth Diana will always be linked to a 4.2 earthquake]//quote

Queen Camilla, you are being facetious, right? Is that what they are saying in Britain and the Commonwealth? Or only in your area?

Charles and Camilla got married during the week of the death and funeral of St. John Paul II. Are they forever linked to that sad event of unprecedented worldwide mourning?:whistling:

Well said Moonmaiden23 - that there was an earthquake in LA [on the Princess' Birthday is scarcely unusual], and IS unknown to 99.9% of the British on Commonwealth populations who are most relevant to the baby's birth !

So many horrible things are happening in world right now. At least her day is Clear of Earthquake and terror attacks and shootings.

Well said Moonmaiden23 - that there was an earthquake in LA [on the Princess' Birthday is scarcely unusual], and IS unknown to 99.9% of the British on Commonwealth populations who are most relevant to the baby's birth !

What was truly earth shaking was the anticipation of the little one's birth. We waited and waited and waited and finally it happened and the crowd roared and celebrated.

While the 4.2 quake in Michigan was a rare occurrence for that area, the earth is always shaking, rattling and rolling right along. There were 227 earthquakes of various magnitudes recorded on the little one's birthdate.

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthqua...:59:59","maxmagnitude":10,"orderby":"time"}}}

Last edited:
William didn't want to speak to the Press because Nicholas Witchell of the BBC was at the shared microphone. They were going to say a few words before William caught a glimpse of Witchell.

William, and his father, loathe Witchell ever since that photo-op at the ski resort just before Charles and Camilla's wedding. Charles made his feelings clear under his breath then, and William seems to be continuing the grudge.

This is the story that the Daily Mail have generated. There's no evidence that William shares his father's view (or indeed that Charles still feels the same way). This story just makes mischief and encourages its readers to vent their dislike of the Royals - just see the comments at the end of the story. ( I don't mean you Currylong) It was a lovely day and the Press were happy to get their pics both of the new Princess and George.

I'm not so sure that's the reason. According to an article in the Telegraph, Kate supposedly said it was too cold and wanted to take the baby back inside.

Whatever the reason, I don't blame them for not speaking to the press. Kate had just given birth less than 10 hours ago. I imagine the last thing she wanted to do was stand at a microphone answering questions.

http://i58.tinypic.com/oa14df.jpg
Ugh! She has an absolutely beautiful name, and the daily fail reduces it to "bonnie princess charlie!"?

Did you think they wouldn't.

I think Queen Camilla meant that she would always remember Charlottes birthday because of the earth quake. Just the way I remember where I was and what I was doing when I heard the news about Diana.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not so sure that's the reason. According to an article in the Telegraph, Kate supposedly said it was too cold and wanted to take the baby back inside.

Whatever the reason, I don't blame them for not speaking to the press. Kate had just given birth less than 10 hours ago. I imagine the last thing she wanted to do was stand at a microphone answering questions.

A mother wanting to protect her new born daughter from the chilly weather? Oh that's crazy....of course it was because of some random journalist who nobody gives a crap about.

[Infact, I was logging into my computer to see if baby Cambridge had been born when the earthquake hit. It violently shook the room.

Baby Charlotte Elizabeth Diana will always be linked to a 4.2 earthquake]//quote

Queen Camilla, you are being facetious, right? Is that what they are saying in Britain and the Commonwealth? Or only in your area?

Charles and Camilla got married during the week of the death and funeral of St. John Paul II. Are they forever linked to that sad event of unprecedented worldwide mourning?:whistling:

Felt the same quake!!!;)

All I'm saying is we don't know why they chose the names really we think we do but who knows. Kate might be thinking of her mother with Elizabeth while William is thinking if his grandmother. So not even you Nico really knows what's in their minds. Let's just be glad she's a healthy little baby instead of talking about whose she's named after. I don't remember everyone pulling George's names apart.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

AMEN to that! Their daughter they can chose any name they see it right.

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 22 minutes ago:
Prince Charles is paying another visit to Kensington Palace to see his grand-daughter #PrincessCharlotteElizabethDiana

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 16 minutes ago:
Charles is at Kensington Palace as we speak and no doubt enjoying a cuddle with his much-wanted grand-daughter.

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 22 minutes ago:
Prince Charles is paying another visit to Kensington Palace to see his grand-daughter #PrincessCharlotteElizabethDiana

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 16 minutes ago:
Charles is at Kensington Palace as we speak and no doubt enjoying a cuddle with his much-wanted grand-daughter.

Goodness gracious, that little princess most definitely will have her grandpapa wrapped around her precious fingers for her whole life. So sweet!

Video:
Both the Queen and her son Prince Charles left Kensington Palace this evening having visited the latest addition to the royal family, Princess Charlotte. .

Home - ITNSource News

It's great that the Cambridge's are receiving visits from their loving family, but I think people can start disappearing from outside of the Kensington Palace gates now. I mean, the baby is here, we have a name and most likely a photo will be released, but that's it for the moment. I don't see the point of hanging out near the entrances.

I sense a trend forming...

It would be nice to see a photo of the dress and brooch. Maybe Charlotte will wear them in a photo soon.

Brooch-wearing babies, yeah!

Whilst I agree it was a rather predictable name, I think some people are overreacting as it's not a major problem that little Charlotte has a bit of an "unimaginative" name (even though I must admit that part of me wishes they'd named her something more unusual like Adela or Helena). If William and Catherine ever have a third child, perhaps they will be a bit more out of the box with their naming choices then, but I've gotten the impression that they're slightly influenced by the current naming trends, as George and Charlotte are already quite popular here in England and Elizabeth is a popular middle name choice (but I understand the reasoning behind it).

I would've loved to have been a fly on the wall during HM and Charles's visits to the Cambridges today. I read in The Telegraph that this visit from HM has a historical value as well, because it's the first time a reigning monarch has met a great-granddaughter in the immediate line of succession since Queen Victoria met Mary, Princess Royal in 1897.

I love Charlotte's chubby cheeks - she may have to take over George's nickname of "Cheeks". :D

I love Charlotte's chubby cheeks - she may have to take over George's nickname of "Cheeks". :D

I think I've already seen Charlotte referred to as "Sweet Cheeks". George's nickname is safe for the time being, lol.

Thought just crossed my mind when William said that he would restore Diana HRH when he is King. In way he has by giving the name Diana to be one of his daughters names. :flowers:

Seems to me if he has another child and it is a girl he no longer has go through the whole DIana as a name hoopla.he took care of it by making it a name that throws the DIana fans a bone and honors her yet will hardly ever used-I mean it is a third middle name come on! Interesting.

This:previous:

From the video, it looked windy too. There was no confusion from Kate, but rather William was taking cues from Kate. It surprises me the press expected either of them to speak. They both looked tired and eager to get home with the baby.

Seems to me if he has another child and it is a girl he no longer has go through the whole DIana as a name hoopla.he took care of it by making it a name that throws the DIana fans a bone and honors her yet will hardly ever used-I mean it is a third middle name come on! Interesting.

I really doubt he had anyone's "fans" in mind, but was probably thinking about his mother and wanting to keep her name in the family. I think sometimes it's easy to forget that while, yes, members of the royal family are public figures, they are still a family. And whatever opinions members of the public have about some of the family members (be they Windsors, Middletons, or Spencers), were still talking about people's moms/dads/brothers/sisters/grandparents. And it's quite normal for people to draw on other family members' names to name their own children.

They did make sure to give Royal Photographer, Arthur Edwards, a very nice wave and picture.

I really doubt he had anyone's "fans" in mind, but was probably thinking about his mother and wanting to keep her name in the family. I think sometimes it's easy to forget that while, yes, members of the royal family are public figures, they are still a family. And whatever opinions members of the public have about some of the family members (be they Windsors, Middletons, or Spencers), were still talking about people's moms/dads/brothers/sisters/grandparents. And it's quite normal for people to draw on other family members' names to name their own children.

Very true, they're all family, and George & Charlotte's names were inspired by the families.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom