The Birth of HRH Princess Charlotte of Cambridge: May 2, 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love how on close-up pictures you can see that the baby's bonnet is lemon colored, as is Catherine's dress. I think that it's sweet that mother and daughter are matching.

She went to the hospital around 5am, gave birth, and went home the same day? Wow! When did they start sending new mothers home so quickly? I thought they had to spend at least one night in the hospital?

I seriously doubt the family didn't know the baby's gender. Of course, if asked, they will deny it though.

William has said they didn't know George's gender before he was born, and that they didn't know this baby's, either. So, I doubt the family knew at all.

As soon as I saw the baby, I thought the Queen Mother - and the name Cecilia Rose Elizabeth popped into my head (my apologies for posting another topic within my post..:p)

It looks baby girl Cambridge got mummy's hair ����
it's still too early to say definetely. George was dark too.

William has said they didn't know George's gender before he was born, and that they didn't know this baby's, either. So, I doubt the family knew at all.

There are things called (3D) ultrasound these days, you know. Frankly, they must have seen several images of their babies. In later stages of the pregancy especially, images are pretty clear and you don't really need a doctor to tell you what the baby's gender is.

Anyway, if they want to tell everybody that they didn't know, I respect that.

There are things called (3D) ultrasound these days, you know. Frankly, they must have seen several images of their babies. In later stages of the pregancy especially, images are pretty clear and you don't really need a doctor to tell you what the baby's gender is.

Anyway, if they want to tell everybody that they didn't know, I respect that.
But William said to Barack Obama that they didn't know and when George was born they were to over the moon to "check what it was" so it took them a momen tor two to "figure it out". So to me it sounds like they genuinley didn't know.

The Birth of HRH Princess xx of Cambridge: May 2, 2015

She went to the hospital around 5am, gave birth, and went home the same day? Wow! When did they start sending new mothers home so quickly? I thought they had to spend at least one night in the hospital?

Perhaps because it was her second child? They don't really need to show her to breastfeed or prepare a bottle or anything like that.

Now I just can't wait to find out what her name is going to be!

But William said to Barack Obama that they didn't know and when George was born they were to over the moon to "check what it was" so it took them a momen tor two to "figure it out". So to me it sounds like they genuinley didn't know.

Indeed, those comments were exactly what I was thinking about. I don't think William was concocting a story just for the President's amusement! Even with all the advances in ultrasound technology, I still know a lot of people who decide not to find out their baby's gender before the birth.

This may have already been addressed somewhere, but I was wondering if the succession laws have been suitably settled so that the new princess's place in the line of succession would not be disrupted by the birth of a younger brother? Last I can recall it hadn't been decided upon in some many of the commonwealth states. Is that still the case? It's uncertain?

This may have already been addressed somewhere, but I was wondering if the succession laws have been suitably settled so that the new princess's place in the line of succession would not be disrupted by the birth of a younger brother? Last I can recall it hadn't been decided upon in some many of the commonwealth states. Is that still the case? It's uncertain?

The succession law changes were finalized and enacted the last week of March 2015.

See this thread... http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f23/succession-to-the-crown-act-2013-a-34108-55.html

The DoC looks great, much less tired than she did with George. Her hair, as usual, is amazing.

Kate looked tired, but extremely happy and the new princess is adorable. I'm looking forward to seeing the first official photos.

I'm not sure when it exactly started, but when I gave birth (18 months ago), I was told I'd be able to leave early if everything went smoothly.

I think as long as mom and baby are doing well, then there is no need to stay. I also imagine Kate's doctor will check in on her and the baby while they are at KP.

William is beaming

https://twitter.com/MarkDiStef/status/594552582951014400

Last edited:

Yes, the new Succession to the Crown Act came into force on March 26 after Australia ratified it (Australia was the last Commonwealth realm which still had to do it).

Even if the new legislation were not in effect yet, it would apply retroactively to any person born after October 2011 when it came into force. Therefore, Princess Cambridge's place in the line of succession would be secure anyway.

The little Princess is just so cute! Catherine looked fine, lovely dress. They look so happy! I can't wait to find out her name.

In the U.S. when you leave has a lot to do with insurance , if there are no complications you are out in 24 hours.

She is adorable and these chubby cheeks !

I hope we get her names tomorrow.
One day she'll supposedly be titled "The Princess Royal", isn't she ?

Perhaps because it was her second child? They don't really need to show her to breastfeed or prepare a bottle or anything like that.

They might have a nurse at home. They probably wanted to spend as little time around the hospital with the media camped outside as possible. And the hospital probably wants to get rid of all the people camped outside so they can resume their normal routine.

They might have a nurse at home. They probably wanted to spend as little time around the hospital with the media camped outside as possible. And the hospital probably wants to get rid of all the people camped outside so they can resume their normal routine.
I agree. Or even their doctor. And it's more of a security risk (for both the hospital, patients and themselves) to be there then at home. Also, might be nice to be home. My mother went home as soon as allowed.

I am soooooo mad at my internet provider. Just at the moment when William and Kate were to leave they dropped my internet and DSL service. Grrrrrrrrrrr. (I'd put in a bunch of angry faces but I don't appear to have the ability to use "smilies")

Last edited:
a cute princess is great addition toKate and William adorable family.
Congratulation to them.

It's not much that could be said about her appearance, because her scull bones are still not in place after the birth.

Last edited:
Congratulations to the couple!
Hopefully the girl will have a beautiful name.

Back
Top Bottom