The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-02-2015, 08:33 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Princesses draw a lot of interest, but we cannot lose sight of the fact that she is not in direct line to ascend the throne. When George grows up and has children of his own, his sister unfortunately will fall to a secondary position,
Maybe it's for the better. Shw won't have to deal with so much attention as her older brother.

Old 05-02-2015, 08:33 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Princesses draw a lot of interest, but we cannot lose sight of the fact that she is not in direct line to ascend the throne. When George grows up and has children of his own, his sister unfortunately will fall to a secondary position, not unlike where Prince Andrew is today. Because she is a girl though, the press and public will always follow her fashion and her life more closely.

only while she is young - when she becomes middle aged- people and press lose interest in any woman and you kind of become invisible ...

Old 05-02-2015, 08:34 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetticoatLane View Post
Aww, sailors on HMS Lancaster went out on deck to spell out SISTER. They just showed a picture of it on Sky News. I love it when the Royal Navy does things like that.

I've got it on BBC World and they just showed it. I love it when the RN does that too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
According to the news, the new princess is the highest ranking female member of the royal family to be born since Princess Anne in 1950.

BTW - well done to all our friends overseas who have had (or are having) a very late night or a very early morning keeping up with all the news!

Thank you!! For me it's been a very long night and I'm just waiting on Dad to get out here so we can open up that bottle of mock Sparkling Wine and toast the little Princess and then I can hit my bed!! :)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 05-02-2015, 08:35 AM
Courtier

I'm so glad she is here I thought it would be a girl. I am sure Charles and William are both thrilled about it. A quick labour she may go home even sooner if it went well and everyone if fine she could be sent home this afternoon. I hope we get the name soon I'm still hoping for Alice or Charlotte! Let's see if Kate comes out wearing a pink dress this time.
Old 05-02-2015, 08:36 AM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

ITV News ‏@itvnews #RoyalBaby birth officially confirmed on easel outside Buckingham Palace http://www.itv.com/news/story/2015-05-02/duchess-of-cambridge-gives-birth-to-a-baby-girl/ … https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CD_2vdEUUAAkOjD.jpg
Old 05-02-2015, 08:38 AM
Serene Highness

Some of the media seem to half think and hope the child will Be bedecked in those princess cone hats and Cinderella dresses before she can walk so She can fit the popular media's Disney Princess obsession.
Old 05-02-2015, 08:39 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Princesses draw a lot of interest, but we cannot lose sight of the fact that she is not in direct line to ascend the throne. When George grows up and has children of his own, his sister unfortunately will fall to a secondary position, not unlike where Prince Andrew is today. Because she is a girl though, the press and public will always follow her fashion and her life more closely.
Of course, I didn't mean to say that she'll actually ever be 'in power' and reign. But she'll hopefully wrap them all around her little finger and charm us all.

Old 05-02-2015, 08:44 AM
Heir Apparent

A girl! I couldn't believe it! Finally! Good news!

I wonder why we didn't see the secretary bringing out the official paper? When George was born he got out and handed it to the car driver...

Kate's delivery was very fast
Old 05-02-2015, 08:45 AM
Courtier

A girl, a Princess! I'm thrilled.

Congratulations to the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and their families.

God bless the little Princess.

Princess Isabel (1846-1921), Princess Imperial and Regent of the Empire of Brazil, after she signed the Golden Law, in 1888, abolishing slavery in Brazil.
Old 05-02-2015, 08:46 AM
Imperial Majesty

Now George can be the big, proud and protective brother to his little sister. I know both families are thrilled.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 05-02-2015, 08:56 AM
Serene Highness

God Bless the new Princess!

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 05-02-2015, 09:11 AM
Nobility

I knew she was carrying a girl
Her belly shape was abit fuller then PG
Say what you will I knew better
God Bless the New Princess
Old 05-02-2015, 09:11 AM
Heir Apparent

Gosh! She squeezed that one out quickly, didn't she!
Old 05-02-2015, 09:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Clever Catherine to so quickly deliver that little girl!

Kudos to all of the Forums who were awake for it. It's a great start to the morning to read what all of you wrote. Joyous day!
I hope Prince George is having a great day, as well. I do wonder who told him, was he awake when Mom and Dad headed out, when he found out? Not that for one moment I want someone to leak this or some Tabloid to make something up. It's just that how it all played out with George becomes part of that family story of how 3 became 4.
We need a silly, sappy, happy emoticon - because that's how I am feeling right now.
Old 05-02-2015, 09:15 AM
Aristocracy

What Would Kate Do ‏@WWKD_Official
Amanda Cook Tucker - Kate's hairdresser - has arrived at the Lindo Wing.

That means they will the hospital exit today ?
Old 05-02-2015, 09:17 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektra View Post
What Would Kate Do ‏@WWKD_Official
Amanda Cook Tucker - Kate's hairdresser - has arrived at the Lindo Wing.

That means they will the hospital exit today ?
Quite likely.

Such wonderful news that Kate had such an easy, smooth delivery that she might be released today.
Old 05-02-2015, 09:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
Gosh! She squeezed that one out quickly, didn't she!
She was ready to pop that little crumb snatcher out!

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 05-02-2015, 09:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnystar View Post
Quite likely.

Such wonderful news that Kate had such an easy, smooth delivery that she might be released today.
Given that she was a week past her due date, I'm not surprised. She couldn't have been in labor more than just a couple of hours. Taking into consideration that she's in good health, there would be no reason to not let them go home sometime later today.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 05-02-2015, 09:21 AM
Aristocracy

Let me reminisce and share a bit. I am only 5'5, lol,and mine was about 8lbs, too several years ago. It great Katherine is as tall and with heavy density in those bones of hers. I am happy the birth went well. I got huge many many years ago in the belly and I noticed Kate barely showed. I can appreciate how well she carried. I know how it was to be puking sick for 9 months and give birth to a healthy baby. How happy I was. How that joy never really leaves you. I think it's great the royal family has a new baby, that's fantastic. I remember how freaked out I was when complete strangers started to dote on my child. I couldn't fathom what the new parents feel about total strangers in masses just beaming about the new royal baby.
Old 05-02-2015, 09:21 AM
Imperial Majesty

Max Foster @MaxFosterCNN · 1m 1 minute ago
Via British Airways:
https://twitter.com/MaxFosterCNN/sta...75689757286400

v ©MaxFosterCNN
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Arrivals.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	294638