The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-02-2015, 08:03 AM
Royal Highness

Congratulations to the parents and their family. Prince Charles probably already knew the baby's gender and was giving us a clue (although he will deny it if asked).

On a side note, Princess Beatrice of York, now falling to 7th in the line of succession, no longer requires the Queen's consent to get married.

Old 05-02-2015, 08:05 AM
Courtier

Congratulations to the Duke and the Duchess of Cambrigde, as well for the all family!

Old 05-02-2015, 08:05 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I'm thrilled! It's lovely to have some new princess power in the Palace. Congratulations to the proud parents!!!

Old 05-02-2015, 08:08 AM
Heir Apparent

Congratulations to The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge!
Congratulations to Prince George of Cambridge!
Congratulations to the Prince of Wales!
Congratulations to Mr. & Mrs. Middleton!
Congratulations to HM the Queen & HRH the Duke of Edimbourgh!

Welcome to the world, little Princess! How long we have been waiting for you...I hope you will inherit looks of your grandma, who is watching on you from Heaven!
Old 05-02-2015, 08:08 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellin View Post
It was 50/50 so the odds were high. I am happy for them all! Especially for prince Charles.
Well of course. I just thought they were going to have another boy.
Old 05-02-2015, 08:10 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
I just thought they were going to have another boy.
I am a bit sad that they have a princess. It means that quite possibly thats it. No more baby Cambridges in the future...
But still now it's time to be happy and congratulate the happy family!

Old 05-02-2015, 08:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think they could have more babies in future, of course if they want.
Old 05-02-2015, 08:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · 9m 9 minutes ago
The chief executive of the @DianaAward says it's heartening to know that the late Princess's legacy will live on through a granddaughter.

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · 5m 5 minutes ago
Testy Ojo,CEO of @DianaAward, the only charity with the Princess' name: "Today Diana would have been a proud grandmother for a second time."

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · 5m 5 minutes ago
Ms Ojo: "It is heartening to know that her legacy will live on through her first granddaughter."

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 05-02-2015, 08:20 AM
Aristocracy

Mark Stewart ‏@RegalEyes
Duke's Priv Secretary Miguel Head has been spotted at the #LindoWing adding fuel to speculation of a Cambridge depature later today.
Old 05-02-2015, 08:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Congratulations ! Welcome to the world little Princess
Old 05-02-2015, 08:23 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Congratulations to the parents and their family. Prince Charles probably already knew the baby's gender and was giving us a clue (although he will deny it if asked).

On a side note, Princess Beatrice of York, now falling to 7th in the line of succession, no longer requires the Queen's consent to get married.
Excellent news for Mr. Clark.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 05-02-2015, 08:23 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektra View Post
Mark Stewart ‏@RegalEyes
Duke's Priv Secretary Miguel Head has been spotted at the #LindoWing adding fuel to speculation of a Cambridge depature later today.
That would be nice or he is simply there to check if everything is ok and if anything is needed.
Old 05-02-2015, 08:24 AM
Heir Apparent

The Birth of HRH Princess xx of Cambridge: May 2, 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellin View Post
I am a bit sad that they have a princess. It means that quite possibly thats it. No more baby Cambridges in the future...

Why? The queen had a boy and a girl and she had two more boys after.
Pcs Grace also.
CP Mary also.
Etc etc.
Old 05-02-2015, 08:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

I don't think we'll see George today. I think they will leave hospital this afternoon and take the little princess home to meet her brother in the peace and quiet of familiar surroundings.
Old 05-02-2015, 08:27 AM
Nobility

Aww, sailors on HMS Lancaster went out on deck to spell out SISTER. They just showed a picture of it on Sky News. I love it when the Royal Navy does things like that.
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317 View Post
I don't think we'll see George today. I think they will leave hospital this afternoon and take the little princess home to meet her brother in the peace and quiet of familiar surroundings.
This is very likely!
Super Moderator

According to the news, the new princess is the highest ranking female member of the royal family to be born since Princess Anne in 1950.

BTW - well done to all our friends overseas who have had (or are having) a very late night or a very early morning keeping up with all the news!
Heir Apparent

Yep in their first interview they both said they wanted several children...I wouldn't assume they are done because they have a girl.

She had a nice quick labor...those are great!

Now for the name!

LaRae
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317 View Post
I agree! I would see him visiting if the Duchess was in hospital for w nights for whatever reason.

I can't wait for the name. Hope it's out soon.
Old 05-02-2015, 08:28 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
I'm thrilled! It's lovely to have some new princess power in the Palace. Congratulations to the proud parents!!!

Princesses draw a lot of interest, but we cannot lose sight of the fact that she is not in direct line to ascend the throne. When George grows up and has children of his own, his sister unfortunately will fall to a secondary position, not unlike where Prince Andrew is today. Because she is a girl though, the press and public will always follow her fashion and her life more closely.