The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-05-2015, 03:47 PM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
Both the Queen and her son Prince Charles left Kensington Palace this evening having visited the latest addition to the royal family, Princess Charlotte. .

Home - ITNSource News

It's great that the Cambridge's are receiving visits from their loving family, but I think people can start disappearing from outside of the Kensington Palace gates now. I mean, the baby is here, we have a name and most likely a photo will be released, but that's it for the moment. I don't see the point of hanging out near the entrances.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 05-05-2015, 04:11 PM
Serene Highness

I sense a trend forming...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mslewis View Post
It would be nice to see a photo of the dress and brooch. Maybe Charlotte will wear them in a photo soon.
Brooch-wearing babies, yeah!

Abraham Lincoln
Old 05-05-2015, 04:53 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Whilst I agree it was a rather predictable name, I think some people are overreacting as it's not a major problem that little Charlotte has a bit of an "unimaginative" name (even though I must admit that part of me wishes they'd named her something more unusual like Adela or Helena). If William and Catherine ever have a third child, perhaps they will be a bit more out of the box with their naming choices then, but I've gotten the impression that they're slightly influenced by the current naming trends, as George and Charlotte are already quite popular here in England and Elizabeth is a popular middle name choice (but I understand the reasoning behind it).

I would've loved to have been a fly on the wall during HM and Charles's visits to the Cambridges today. I read in The Telegraph that this visit from HM has a historical value as well, because it's the first time a reigning monarch has met a great-granddaughter in the immediate line of succession since Queen Victoria met Mary, Princess Royal in 1897.

I love Charlotte's chubby cheeks - she may have to take over George's nickname of "Cheeks".

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 05-05-2015, 04:59 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
I love Charlotte's chubby cheeks - she may have to take over George's nickname of "Cheeks".
I think I've already seen Charlotte referred to as "Sweet Cheeks". George's nickname is safe for the time being, lol.
Old 05-05-2015, 05:24 PM
Courtier

Thought just crossed my mind when William said that he would restore Diana HRH when he is King. In way he has by giving the name Diana to be one of his daughters names.
Old 05-05-2015, 05:32 PM
Imperial Majesty

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 05-05-2015, 05:35 PM
Serene Highness

Seems to me if he has another child and it is a girl he no longer has go through the whole DIana as a name hoopla.he took care of it by making it a name that throws the DIana fans a bone and honors her yet will hardly ever used-I mean it is a third middle name come on! Interesting.
Old 05-05-2015, 06:01 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
I'm not so sure that's the reason. According to an article in the Telegraph, Kate supposedly said it was too cold and wanted to take the baby back inside.

Whatever the reason, I don't blame them for not speaking to the press. Kate had just given birth less than 10 hours ago. I imagine the last thing she wanted to do was stand at a microphone answering questions.
This

From the video, it looked windy too. There was no confusion from Kate, but rather William was taking cues from Kate. It surprises me the press expected either of them to speak. They both looked tired and eager to get home with the baby.
Old 05-05-2015, 06:36 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post
Seems to me if he has another child and it is a girl he no longer has go through the whole DIana as a name hoopla.he took care of it by making it a name that throws the DIana fans a bone and honors her yet will hardly ever used-I mean it is a third middle name come on! Interesting.
I really doubt he had anyone's "fans" in mind, but was probably thinking about his mother and wanting to keep her name in the family. I think sometimes it's easy to forget that while, yes, members of the royal family are public figures, they are still a family. And whatever opinions members of the public have about some of the family members (be they Windsors, Middletons, or Spencers), were still talking about people's moms/dads/brothers/sisters/grandparents. And it's quite normal for people to draw on other family members' names to name their own children.
Old 05-05-2015, 06:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

They did make sure to give Royal Photographer, Arthur Edwards, a very nice wave and picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabella View Post
I really doubt he had anyone's "fans" in mind, but was probably thinking about his mother and wanting to keep her name in the family. I think sometimes it's easy to forget that while, yes, members of the royal family are public figures, they are still a family. And whatever opinions members of the public have about some of the family members (be they Windsors, Middletons, or Spencers), were still talking about people's moms/dads/brothers/sisters/grandparents. And it's quite normal for people to draw on other family members' names to name their own children.
Very true, they're all family, and George & Charlotte's names were inspired by the families.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 05-05-2015, 06:40 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post

One of the most silliest thing I've ever read

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 05-05-2015, 06:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Let's face it, how important is it the third name ? How many times in your life do you use it ? It is only a way, when a child is born to honour certain other members of the family..... my opinion of course;;;
Old 05-05-2015, 06:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominet09 View Post
Let's face it, how important is it the third name ? How many times in your life do you use it ? It is only a way, when a child is born to honour certain other members of the family..... my opinion of course;;;

It will be used as part of the Princess's official record for her whole life. When she gets married she'll say all three names. When she receives any sort of honors, all three names will be used. It's a lovely tribute.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 05-05-2015, 06:59 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Well, it was probably important to William and Harry for sentimental reasons. And I would even guess that it also meant a lot to Diana's sisters as well. Since Charles Spencer has already shared his opinion.

As already stated, all three names honour both the Middleton, Spencer and Windsors....a happy mix.

Old 05-05-2015, 07:07 PM
Heir Apparent

By using it as a 3rd name perhaps it leaves it more open for Harry to use as a first or second name if he has a daughter.

LaRae
Old 05-05-2015, 07:08 PM
Courtier

I'm kind of chuckling here reading everyone's opinions of the baby's names. "They're too common" "They're too traditional" etc etc. At least they are REAL names. I mean, have you seen some of the names people are giving their children????? How about La-a? Any idea how to pronounce it? It's La-dash-a because "the dash don't be silent". Or North West? Or Moon Unit (now there's an oldie). Charlotte's names are her names because that's what her parents decided on. Period.
Old 05-05-2015, 07:19 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I don't think it really matters how many times you use it - a person's name is a person's name. I mean, my middle name comes from my maternal grandmother's name, and although I don't use my middle name on a regular basis, it still means a lot to me to have that connection. And when it comes to people who have more than one middle name, I don't know that they determine their significance based on what order the names are placed in. William's fourth name is Louis, and yet it was the only one of his names he passed on to George.

Most importantly, though, is the fact that the names that were chosen were clearly important to William and Kate (and will likely be important to Charlotte when she grows up). Choosing a name for one's child is a very important and personal thing.
Old 05-05-2015, 07:30 PM
Royal Highness

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...Charlotte.html
Golly quick visit, didn't stay for a cup of tea then!
Old 05-05-2015, 07:42 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarNoe View Post
How about La-a? Any idea how to pronounce it? It's La-dash-a because "the dash don't be silent". .
This 'name' is just a racist urban legend. Not one person by this name has ever been located.
Old 05-05-2015, 08:13 PM
Gentry

the queen saw the baby it was on the news she drove into kengiston place and stayed less then half an hour

okay this is to much there was a report that book marker are now taking bets on when will and kate will have baby number 3 The popular number is summer 2016 get real people we don't even know if they want baby number 3