The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-04-2015, 07:30 PM
Nobility

I love the name. I much prefer Charlotte to Alice. It's young, fresh, classy and classic.
And I like Elizabeth and Diana as well
I had a little question though, since Elizabeth is both Catherine's and Carole's middle name, is it Cartherine's grandmother name, or something like that? Or just family tradition?

Queen Mathilde
Old 05-04-2015, 07:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
Charlotte is a very tragic name in the BRF. Both Princess Charlotte of Wales and Princess Charlotte of Clarence died before they could become Queen Regent. It's nice to see the name finally revived, it gives me hope that John could be brought back in the future. With such limited name options there's no room for superstitions!

Aren't they actually Mountbatten-Windsors or are they going to use the name Cambridge as a surname?

LaRae

Old 05-04-2015, 07:40 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Aren't they actually Mountbatten-Windsors or are they going to use the name Cambridge as a surname?

LaRae

I think they use Cambridge, but that is only a guess. Before he became Duke and was in the services, Will was referred to as Will Wales (his flight suit had Wales on it).
Old 05-04-2015, 07:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Penelope View Post
I think they use Cambridge, but that is only a guess. Before he became Duke and was in the services, Will was referred to as Will Wales (his flight suit had Wales on it).

Right, I knew the boys used Wales while in military service (and school I think?) ...I know their name is technically Mountbatten-Windsor (I think Edward's children use this)....I guess we'll find out when George and Charlotte (and any other children) start school.

LaRae
Old 05-04-2015, 08:00 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

i really love the name Charlotte and i think it suit a princess
Old 05-04-2015, 08:18 PM
Aristocracy

I love the name! Charlotte (could be after her Aunt Pippa, could be after Grandpa Charles - it's a royal name, modern, and VERY pretty)

Elizabeth - Grandma Carole, Great Grandma Her Majesty, her own mother and her Great Great Grandma (the Queen Mum)

Diana- Grandma Diana.

They've honored everyone, given her a lovely name.

PERFECT!

Old 05-04-2015, 08:25 PM
Serene Highness

Also, it's appropriate because Charlotte Bronte is the patron saint of Hyperemesis Gravidarum. Catherine had two hellacious pregnancies and must be grateful to have had two healthy babies at the finish line.
Old 05-04-2015, 08:26 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
I agree with you, but the majority seems to have liked it.
I am in 100% in agreement with you. I do not like this name at all. Elizabeth is a nice name, Diana is OK, but not Charlotte.
Old 05-04-2015, 08:42 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post

LaRae
She would have been Lady Charlotte Mountbatten-Windsor if the Queen hadn't amended it so all of William's children are HRH. Now she's Princess Charlotte of Cambridge. Good job, HM.
Old 05-04-2015, 08:46 PM
Courtier

Beautiful dignified names that will still look well in decades to come.
The little Princess is an exceptionally beautiful baby, by the way! "Many years" to her.
Old 05-04-2015, 09:22 PM
Royal Highness

Did the Queen and Philip meet her?

William and Catherine are still in Kensington Palace and not at Anmer Hall.
Old 05-04-2015, 09:25 PM
Serene Highness

Charlotte is a beautiful name and a little less common than Diana or Elizabeth, which is nice. I also like that, given the opportunity, Harry will be free to name a daughter Diana. I wish her and her family nothing but health and happiness.
Old 05-04-2015, 09:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post
No, not yet. I've heard that they (or the Queen at least) will see her tomorrow at KP.

Old 05-04-2015, 09:30 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post

William and Catherine are still in Kensington Palace and not at Anmer Hall.
I read somewhere that the Queen is expected to meet her tomorrow, I believe.
Old 05-04-2015, 09:46 PM
Nobility

Quote:
I just realized that she will be sharing a name with her 2nd cousin Lady Charlotte Diana Spencer......!!
Also sharing a name with her second cousin Lady Louise Alice ELIZABETH Mary....
Then there's another (distant) cousin, Lady Marina Charlotte Windsor.

I love CHarlotte Elizabeth Diana; it's perfect.
Old 05-04-2015, 09:52 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by betina View Post
I remember Crownprincess Victoria did the same.

As far as leaving hospital after giving birth, its custom in Denmark that, if no complications occur, you have to leave the hospital after 2 days with your firstborn, and when you have another child you have to leave after 4 hours.

In Sweden its customary that if all is well you go home after a few hours.
Victoria was just doing what everybody else does.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 05-04-2015, 10:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

As for little Charlotte's name, I'm a bit disappointed that they didn't use Matilda Early on, I actually had Matilda Elizabeth Diana on my short list but scrapped it because I didn't think they would include Diana.

Overall, I think the name is nice. It's slightly boring that they went for the one of the most predictable names, but I do think Charlotte is very neat and it suits the family very well (and Charles must be an emotional wreck these days ). I'm also beyond thrilled that they chose this and not Alice. As for the other names, I think Elizabeth was a given but Diana surprised me a little. I didn't think they were big on honour names but I was clearly proven wrong. I love that they honoured both Charles and Diana and that they managed to indirectly honour the Middleton family as well (I particularly that they continued the C-name + Elizabeth tradition).

Old 05-04-2015, 10:10 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
Also, it's appropriate because Charlotte Bronte is the patron saint of Hyperemesis Gravidarum. Catherine had two hellacious pregnancies and must be grateful to have had two healthy babies at the finish line.
Can you post more info on this Charlotte Bronte patron saint info? Unless it was a joke I don't get. I know Charlotte Bronte may have died because of hyperemesis gravidarum but I wouldn't exactly call her the patron saint of it.

Also, just because Catherine suffered from hyperemesis gravidarum at some point in her pregnancy does not mean she herself considers her pregnancies to have been 'hellacious.'
Old 05-04-2015, 10:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
Sadly, you're right. People will want to see candid shots, and anything 'official' will not satisfy their curiosity. Also, candid shots don't have to be taken by apps alone, because almost everyone has a smart-phone with a digital camera. For the most part, the Cambridges are not making any fuss over the most recent candid shots of their son, so whether we agree or not, they have probably decided to pick their battles. All they can do is hope that there's some human decency left in the world when it comes to letting their kids,grow up with as little press/pap intrusion as possible.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

There is no quoted source on that. I think probably family pictures will be released as they did with George and then we'll see Charlotte at her christening. And that's good! Newborns are 1) not that interesting as they basically eat, sleep, cry and poop and that's about it and 2) aren't prepared for the stress and rigors of crazy media presence. Let the kid be with her parents peacefully, at least until she can hold her head up without help.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 05-04-2015, 10:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Lovely name. I hope they don't call her Lottie. Her name goes well with George and her parents names. All of the names don't flow well in English because the tte makes you stop and then have to take a breath to say the vowel e in Elisabeth. Diana would have flowed better as a second name but I can see why they used Elisabeth second, for Many reasons