The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-04-2015, 10:16 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuchessCaroline View Post
And Charlotte is in Pippa's name. It's just perfect!
You beat me to it.

Remembered that little fact but by the time I got back to edit my post, you've stated it for me.

What I think is a stroke of genius is how they tactfully included both paternal grandparents in the name. No wonder Charles was beaming leaving after visiting his new granddaughter.

Old 05-04-2015, 10:16 AM
Commoner

It was officially announced that the princess is names Charlotte Elizabeth Diana

Old 05-04-2015, 10:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

Charlotte Elizabeth Diana is a beautiful name. I wonder if they'll ever call her Lottie. Hmm.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 05-04-2015, 10:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by stella31 View Post
I think it's the perfect choices☺
Charlotte Elizabeth Diana is an odd combination, and it doesn't sound as regal as, for example, Alice Victoria Mary . They have the right to pick whatever name they like for their daughter though.
Old 05-04-2015, 10:19 AM
Imperial Majesty

Both William and Catherine's families were honored in her name. It's a beautiful thing.

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · 4m 4 minutes ago
The popularity of the name is expected to fall now because parents won't want others to think they were influenced by the Cambridges.

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · 5m 5 minutes ago
Charlotte was the 17th most popular name in the UK last year, up seven places from 2013, according to BabyCentre.

A.W. TOZER
Old 05-04-2015, 10:21 AM
Heir Presumptive

I've always loved the name Charlotte, so I'm happy William and Catherine chose it. It's such a beautiful, elegant name.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 05-04-2015, 10:21 AM
Commoner

I love her names. It's beautiful nod to William's late mother and just wonderful news.

George R. R. Martin: "A Dance With Dragons"
Old 05-04-2015, 10:22 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Posts discussing the Wessex children and their lack of titles have been removed as off-topic.
Old 05-04-2015, 10:22 AM
Gentry

George and Charlotte... how sweet!

And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings, this he said to me:
"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return."
Nature Boy
Old 05-04-2015, 10:23 AM
Aristocracy

i always thought diana and elizabeth would be in there somewhere...and to me loooking at the pics...she looked like a charlotte...its a really beautiful name.

funny tidbit cara delevigne got it right again...whatever she guesses is always right...lol..
Old 05-04-2015, 10:24 AM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
Royal gun salutes were fired today to mark the birth of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's baby princess. The deafening volleys rang out across the capital this afternoon in celebration of William and Kate's second child who was born on Saturday at 8.34am, weighing 8lbs 3oz. The Honourable Artillery Company (HAC) fired a 62-gun salute at the Tower of London - an extra 21 for the City of London. The weapons were fired from Gun Wharf, overlooking HMS Belfast-

Home - ITNSource News

A.W. TOZER
Old 05-04-2015, 10:25 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Princess Charlotte Elizabeth Diana! How wonderful - I love Charlotte Elizabeth in particular, such a beautiful combination and it's not surprising to see Diana. I knew Charlotte was a royal name, but I'd forgotten it was Pippa's middle name, therefore it's a rather meaningful name for the Cambridges.

Even though it's lovely, it was a very predictable combination - and now this has got me wondering - did anyone guess the exact combo? I guessed Elizabeth Diana together, but for Victoria instead of Charlotte.

After having looked at the photos of Princess Charlotte, she does look a little like her name to me, but I initially thought she looked like an Alice. My cousin is called Charlotte and as soon as I heard the Princess's name, I texted her it and she said that it was a good choice.

I wonder when the press will start calling her Princess Lottie.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 05-04-2015, 10:26 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
I've always loved the name Charlotte, so I'm happy William and Catherine chose it. It's such a beautiful, elegant name.
I was going to say how elegant it sounds. I like other names better, but i don't dislike Charlotte at all! And the combination makes it more elegant. Imagining Kate talking seriously to their little one: Charlotte Elisabeth, behave yourself!!

And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings, this he said to me:
"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return."
Nature Boy
Old 05-04-2015, 10:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

Sorry, I expected this name, but I don't like it, it seems to my ear too old-fashioned,not pretty sounding, and even masculine and rude.

But it's good tribute even to prince Charles and it seems a good royal name.

My first thought was:
" What an ugly name for such a little beautiful creature!"

I have a friend having the same name, and she is all right with her name.

Well, the tastes differ, and the most important is the princess, who will be for sure gracious like her mom and nice like both parents.

just my two cents.
Old 05-04-2015, 10:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Lovely combination of names! Congrats
I have a question. Is the name of Charlotte a tribute to Pcs Charles, or was it a previous Pcs Charlotte in the british royal family?
Gentry

I guessed the two middle names right but I thought the first name would be Alice rather than Charlotte. One of the other royals is just going to have to revive Alice! I do like the name Charlotte too. It's already a popular name in the United States but I would be willing to bet it will soon hit the top 10 for American girls born this year now that there's a Princess Charlotte. The name will get more publicity because Hillary Clinton's granddaughter is also a Charlotte.
Imperial Majesty

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · 3m 3 minutes ago
Tessy Ojo, CEO of @DianaAward: "It's wonderful to hear today that the new princess carries the name of her grandmother Diana."

A.W. TOZER
Old 05-04-2015, 10:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenora View Post
Sorry, I expected this name, but I don't like it, it seems to my ear too old-fashioned,not pretty sounding, and even masculine and rude.

But it's good tribute even to prince Charles and it seems a good royal name.

My first thought was:
" What an ugly name for such a little beautiful creature!"

I have a friend having the same name, and she is all right with her name.

Well, the tastes differ, and the most important is the princess, who will be for sure gracious like her mom and nice like both parents.

just my two cents.
I agree with you, but the majority seems to have liked it.
Old 05-04-2015, 10:33 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
Lovely combination of names! Congrats
I have a question. Is the name of Charlotte a tribute to Pcs Charles, or was it a previous Pcs Charlotte in the british royal family?
Charlotte is the feminine form of Charles, so it could be seen as a nod to him, and it's also Catherine's sister's middle name, so it covers both the Windsors and the Middletons.
Old 05-04-2015, 10:34 AM
Nobility

So the psychic two weeks was correct
Her week was off,this is exactly what she predicted.