The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-03-2015, 12:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Jeeze it was an adorable statement expressing how cute and lovable the baby is. Similar to someone saying she is so cute they could just est her.
I for one wanted to pinch her cheeks.

Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 05-03-2015, 12:35 PM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal The Duke and Duchess are hugely grateful for the messages of congratulations they have received from people all over the world 1/2

Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal It means a great deal to them that so many people have celebrated the arrival of their new daughter 2/2 https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CEF1zWeWoAAnlP3.jpg

Rhiannon Mills ‏@SkyRhiannon We will not find out the name of the #princessofcambridge today

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CEF3MFiUUAAPWe5.jpg (British Royals @britishroyals)

Old 05-03-2015, 12:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
When I see a peaceful, sleeping baby, I think, 'that sleeping baby's cute, I hope it stays asleep and doesn't wake up and start yelling.' Never have I had the urge to slobber on one or eat it.

I was pleased this child is a girl. I hope when she grows up she joins one of the services. She might become a pilot.
That would be an excellent career for any young woman. Hopefully it will be easier for William's second child to choose a career that she enjoys. IMO the BRF has always limited its "spares" to being a full time royal or the military. Personally I've always admired Beatrix and Claus for having their second and third sons find employment outside the royal bubble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
This was interesting. Just out of curiosity, how much would a Midwife earn at a private hospital?
Here in the US, I can't remember the last time I saw staff in a uniform dress! We tend to see scrubs on hospital staff and often it is color coded for department rather than seniority.
Kate Middleton's midwives who delivered the Princess revealed | Daily Mail Online
I haven't seen one since my mother's graduation from nursing school in 1978. The one and only time she wore her cap.

However I do wonder if they change into scrubs for their labor/delivery work and then wear the dress for special occasions? Perhaps one of our UK posters could let us know about hospital attire in their country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
This little girl is receiving lots of attention from both sides of the family. Good to see!
I agree. No shortage of love from all of the relatives.
Old 05-03-2015, 01:23 PM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week team Member

Kate looked great after the birth. The newborn looks like her.
Old 05-03-2015, 01:31 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm quite astonished about Kate's good looks, too! The Daily Mail didn't call her 'Speedy Kate' for nothing yesterday!
I wish both mother and daughter well! The newborn princess looks adorable!
Old 05-03-2015, 01:54 PM
Commoner

why baby has no name now?
Old 05-03-2015, 02:02 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMehmet View Post
why baby has no name now?
I’m sure the baby has a name. They just haven’t told us yet.. We’ll probably hear tomorrow or Tuesday.
Old 05-03-2015, 02:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Is it a custom not to announce the name immediately? Because I m sure that they have decided. They had a kot of time to do it.
Old 05-03-2015, 02:09 PM
Commoner

okay, thanks you. Is sad when we will hear so late in my country we burry people in 24 hours. good luck her little baby, princess Diana smiling from heaven.
Old 05-03-2015, 02:13 PM
Aristocracy

As a nurse, I can assure you, that when delivery time arrives, everyone is not in their 'formal' attire. You are dressed for the job at hand - you may have scrubs, gowns, masks, definitely gloves and whatever is needed - and I can assure you, with the Duchess of Cambridge, everything would have been spot on for her health, protection as well as the baby.
Old 05-03-2015, 02:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
The Prince of Wales has made his first visit to see his baby granddaughter at her Kensington Palace home. The naming of William and Kate's daughter has sparked a betting frenzy among royal fans. Hundreds of thousands of pounds has been wagered on what William and Kate will call their baby princess since she was born yesterday morning. Shows: Carole and Pippa Middleton’s car arriving, Charles and Camilla arriving in car, GVs on voxes on name speculation-

Home - ITNSource News

It was nice that even Professor Jacqueline Dunkley-Bent, director of midwifery at Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust, visited the Cambridge's today.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 05-03-2015, 02:44 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Video:
The Prince of Wales has made his first visit to see his baby granddaughter at her Kensington Palace home. The naming of William and Kate's daughter has sparked a betting frenzy among royal fans. Hundreds of thousands of pounds has been wagered on what William and Kate will call their baby princess since she was born yesterday morning. Shows: Carole and Pippa Middleton’s car arriving, Charles and Camilla arriving in car, GVs on voxes on name speculation-

Home - ITNSource News

Thirty minutes is quite a short visit by the Prince of Wales and his wife, isn't it ?
Old 05-03-2015, 02:46 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoorMeansLight View Post
I'm quite astonished about Kate's good looks, too! The Daily Mail didn't call her 'Speedy Kate' for nothing yesterday!
I wish both mother and daughter well! The newborn princess looks adorable!
I can imagine her thwoing herself on her pillows after such a busy (and happy) day. And who knows if little Princess is always as calm as we saw her, all parents "complain" about the less sleeping when children are newborn. And they also have George who certainly wanted some attention from mummy when they got home.
I bet while we were happy seeing them posing for pictures she was like "oh, I can't wait to get home"
She looked great and (always) on high hills! You rock, Kate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Thirty minutes is quite a short visit by the Prince of Wales and his wife, isn't it ?
I believe is not.
Kate gave birth just YESTERDAY and she must be EXHAUSTED, and William really tired. Sure they have help, but we can't forget they have a nearly two year old to pay attention, plus as I said before, the first nights with a newborn can be very tiring.
When my friends gave birth I waited some days to visit. I was dying to see the baby, but I understand that I should give my friend some time to recover.

Even though Charles is the grandfather of his much expected grandaughter, I think he had a very good sense and didn't want to stay long. A visit is always a visit, we want to pay attention and talk and new moms are always very tired.

And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings, this he said to me:
"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return."
Nature Boy
Old 05-03-2015, 02:59 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Video:

Home - ITNSource News

It was nice that even Professor Jacqueline Dunkley-Bent, director of midwifery at Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust, visited the Cambridge's today.
How do you mean "it was nice"? It probably wasn't a social visit. She's their midwife, she probably was continuing her job with a checkup of mother and child :P
Old 05-03-2015, 03:11 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
Is it a custom not to announce the name immediately? Because I m sure that they have decided. They had a kot of time to do it.
On the BBC after the birth one of the Queen's former press secretaries was saying its custom not to announce the name until the Queen has 'approved it', though he did admit it was unlikely the Queen wouldn't approve of whatever name W&K had chosen. As such maybe we can guess the name won't be announced until the Queen has met her new great granddaughter and been told the name W&K have chosen.
Old 05-03-2015, 03:14 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
As such maybe we can guess the name won't be announced until the Queen has met her new great granddaughter and been told the name W&K have chosen.
Oh my god, we are in the 21st century, they can call her with phone and ask if she approves any name. Or not?..

You know I sometimes think that the only real power the modern monarch has its the power over his/her family members.
Old 05-03-2015, 03:17 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I thought they stayed for almost an hour? To me that is plenty enough time bearing in mind the new little princess is probably trying to sleep a lot and get into a routine and that Catherine must be shattered. They need time to be a family, the four of them.
Old 05-03-2015, 03:18 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
The Daily Mail said they left after an hour and a half. So they arrived two hours after Carole and Pippa and left after staying an hour and a half. So Carole and Pippa were there for at least three and a half hours .

I think an hour and a half is about right. Catherine and William were probably tired. Although they need some help, it is nice to give the immediate family time to bond and, especially, give George a chance to concentrate on just being a big brother.

Regarding the name, it seems like we knew George's name before this. It's possible that it is still being discussed. We had a name picked out for my son (if it were a boy) but changed our minds after seeing him.

On the other hand, they may just be waiting for a chance to get someone to put down a bet for them....
Old 05-03-2015, 03:22 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
I thought they stayed for almost an hour? To me that is plenty enough time bearing in mind the new little princess is probably trying to sleep a lot and get into a routine and that Catherine must be shattered. They need time to be a family, the four of them.
I had read somewhere that their visit only lasted half an hour. I must have been mistaken.
Old 05-03-2015, 03:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by US Royal Watcher View Post
The Daily Mail said they left after an hour and a half. So they arrived two hours after Carole and Pippa and left after staying an hour and a half. So Carole and Pippa were there for at least three and a half hours .

I think an hour and a half is about right. Catherine and William were probably tired. Although they need some help, it is nice to give the immediate family time to bond and, especially, give George a chance to concentrate on just being a big brother.

Regarding the name, it seems like we knew George's name before this. It's possible that it is still being discussed. We had a name picked out for my son (if it were a boy) but changed our minds after seeing him.

On the other hand, they may just be waiting for a chance to get someone to put down a bet for them....

We had George's name the day after he was released from the hospital, but he was in the hospital an extra day. Plus the whole thing happened during the week.

This time round the Princess has left the hospital sooner than George, and it's the weekend.

I predict we'll get the name tomorrow.