The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-03-2015, 04:15 AM
Courtier

One of the evening news bulletins here in Oz has just had the editor of "Woman's Day" magazine saying how they are working overtime on tomorrow's issue about the baby princess - I will have to get it no doubt!

And if you're interested in the front pages of the different UK's Sunday newspapers with "Sleeping Cutie" dominating everywhere, one of the Royal photographers, tweeting as "Rookie(@royalfocus1)" has recently posted a link to a site that has many of them.

Old 05-03-2015, 05:15 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Me.

I could think of nothing worse than slobbering on the cheeks of a baby at all. A kiss and a cuddle yes - but 'slobbering' - no way - I think it is a disgusting idea - to 'slobber' is something my dog does not something a human does to a baby.

I never did it to my own children and wouldn't allow any one else to do so either.
I meant kissing, Iluvbertie, kissing up those chubby cheeks.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 05-03-2015, 06:59 AM
Nobility

I think most people knew that 'slobbering' wasn't meant literally.

It was really nice of William and Kate to being George along yesterday. When you think about it they really didn't need to as Kate was going home shortly after he visited. It was obviously so that everyone could get a nice look at him.

Plus, it'll finally placate those people who were weirdly obsessed about George being seen officially on British soil. Oddly enough he looks much the same in the UK as he does anywhere else.
Old 05-03-2015, 07:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

Even though it is so early to tell resemblances I definitely feel that she looks like George when he was first born. Especially the nose and mouth. My brother and I look nothing alike but I have a feeling that it will be obvious as they grow up that Prince George and the princess are siblings.
Old 05-03-2015, 07:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetticoatLane View Post
Plus, it'll finally placate those people who were weirdly obsessed about George being seen officially on British soil. Oddly enough he looks much the same in the UK as he does anywhere else.

I agree that it was a nice gesture to bring George along for a little bit; indeed it was not necessary at all for himself, but I'm glad for him that it was only a short "performance", because he looked quite confused with so many people watching him...
Old 05-03-2015, 07:37 AM
Nobility

I waited for weeks... and I wasn't there when she came out of the hospital or when George came. Why is being social still a thing?

Queen Mathilde
Old 05-03-2015, 07:59 AM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail Carole and Pippa Middleton have driven into Kensington Palace to visit their new grand-daughter/niece. No sign of grandfather Charles yet.

Rhiannon Mills ‏@SkyRhiannon A sign we won't see the Queen at Kensington Palace today, she's been seen at church at Sandringham and isn't returning to London until Tues

ITV News ‏@itvnews Carole and Pippa Middleton arrive at Kensington Palace #RoyalBaby http://www.itv.com/news/story/2015-05-03/duke-and-duchess-spend-first-day-at-home-with-their-princess/ … https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CEE3qszUkAA8jps.jpg

Victoria Murphy ‏@QueenVicMirror For those asking, there is no protocol that the Queen has to meet the #RoyalBabyGirl before her name can be announced.
Old 05-03-2015, 08:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

Melanie Bromley @melaniebromley 23m 23 minutes ago
For the new princess #royalbaby? Stevie Wonder's 'Isn't she Lovely' was played at the Changing of the Guard today. @ENews @eonline

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter 53s 53 seconds ago
It's likely that Prince Charles and Camilla, who are staying at Highgrove this weekend, will visit the new princess later but not confirmed.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 05-03-2015, 09:01 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalistbert View Post
No doubt some evil Middleton plot to prevent Charles seeing the baby.
There is a report Carole had drop bars added inside all the doors at Anmer and KP. The better to keep out the Wales!
Old 05-03-2015, 09:17 AM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

ITV News ‏@itvnews Prince Charles and Camilla pictured arriving at Kensington Palace to see #RoyalBaby https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CEFJsRxUgAEHH8i.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...0654565224.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...0655294293.jpg

Carole and Pippa:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...0650940024.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...0651475991.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...0651545798.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...0650687170.jpg

"Hello!" Carole and Pippa Middleton visit William and Kate's baby girl at Kensington Palace

Victoria Murphy ‏@QueenVicMirror Kate's dad Michael Middleton has just driven into Kensington Palace #RoyalBabyGirl
Old 05-03-2015, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post
I'm willing to bet on that happening: the 4 of them together as they leave the hospital

How did George get back to Kensington Palace? Why didn't he go back with the rest of his family? Maybe he rode back with the hairdresser?
Old 05-03-2015, 09:40 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by universitylad View Post
How did George get back to Kensington Palace? Why didn't he go back with the rest of his family? Maybe he rode back with the hairdresser?
The Lindo Wing is just one part of a massive hospital that spreads over the road from the Lindo wing and covers nearly a whole street so there are plenty of ways in and out.
Old 05-03-2015, 09:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Nanny Maria was supposedly in car when William brought him back so she probably took him home and the cars came back to hospital to take William and Kate back with the baby.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 05-03-2015, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Lion View Post

Really loved the Duchess's spring dress. Wish the Duke would take a chance on a burgundy/deep dark red jumper just once.
What did people think of William's belt?
Old 05-03-2015, 09:58 AM
Heir Apparent

This little girl is receiving lots of attention from both sides of the family. Good to see!
Old 05-03-2015, 09:58 AM
Heir Apparent

It's his same belt he always wears. At least the jeans weren't mom jeans and no sighting of his ugly trainers that everyone wishes that Lupo would eat.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 05-03-2015, 10:05 AM
Heir Apparent

This was interesting. Just out of curiosity, how much would a Midwife earn at a private hospital?
Here in the US, I can't remember the last time I saw staff in a uniform dress! We tend to see scrubs on hospital staff and often it is color coded for department rather than seniority.
Kate Middleton's midwives who delivered the Princess revealed | Daily Mail Online
Old 05-03-2015, 10:31 AM
Nobility

visitors

Royal baby girl revealed by Kate Middleton and Prince William outside Lindo Wing | Daily Mail Online
Old 05-03-2015, 11:21 AM
Heir Presumptive

The glaring error in that story made me laugh- that yesterday was the first time George has been seen publicly since his own birth.

Sure... If you don't count every other time, like the tour, his christening, etc

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 05-03-2015, 11:56 AM
Gentry

No news on the name yet... Tomorrow for sure?
It's nice to see Prince Charles at KP. He must be over the moon! Both George and the little princess are first grandchildren on mom's and dad's side

And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings, this he said to me:
"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return."
Nature Boy