The Birth of HRH Prince George of Cambridge: July 22, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am honestly quite honestly taken aback about the "comments" about Kate staying with her parents following the birth of her baby. Amazed quite actually.

I have never given birth to a child, just a mother by way of life. But for all of my friends who have given birth and/or adopted a child, it was quite natural for their mother to spend some time with them to help them adjust to life with a new baby. As most of these women have "retired" they actually had some time on their hands. One of my friend's mother and mother in law, actually took turns! One stayed one week, the other stayed the next week, etc. it went on for a month.

In addition to helping the new parents with the newborn, they did light housework, cooked the meals, watched the baby when the other spouse went back to work and the mom needed a power nap, and most importantly stayed with the newborn while the parent did things you don't think mean a big deal.

My best friend, said the first time she took a shower after her mom left she brought the baby in the bathroom (they have one of those huge houses and thus huge bathroom), so she could take a quick 1 minute shower to rinse off. The baby was on the other side of the bathroom so that the fog wouldn't affect him but the point was she was scared to leave him alone for a second. When her mother was there it wasn't even an issue. Especially since William only had two weeks of leave.

Maybe this is not the norm for some, so they think this is a bit "immature"? I don't know.

I am honestly quite honestly taken aback about the "comments" about Kate staying with her parents following the birth of her baby. Amazed quite actually.

I have never given birth to a child, just a mother by way of life. But for all of my friends who have given birth and/or adopted a child, it was quite natural for their mother to spend some time with them to help them adjust to life with a new baby. As most of these women have "retired" they actually had some time on their hands. One of my friend's mother and mother in law, actually took turns! One stayed one week, the other stayed the next week, etc. it went on for a month.

In addition to helping the new parents with the newborn, they did light housework, cooked the meals, watched the baby when the other spouse went back to work and the mom needed a power nap, and most importantly stayed with the newborn while the parent did things you don't think mean a big deal.

My best friend, said the first time she took a shower after her mom left she brought the baby in the bathroom (they have one of those huge houses and thus huge bathroom), so she could take a quick 1 minute shower to rinse off. The baby was on the other side of the bathroom so that the fog wouldn't affect him but the point was she was scared to leave him alone for a second. When her mother was there it wasn't even an issue. Especially since William only had two weeks of leave.

Maybe this is not the norm for some, so they think this is a bit "immature"? I don't know.

I don't get it either. When my Niece welcomed my Great Nephew into the World last year, my Sister was down there in Toronto for a month and a half w/Lisa and Josh. Not just to help out w/Parker, but also to help Lisa during her own recovery. She's a Type 1 Diabetic and the last month brought on some pretty serious complications, but even before that happened, the plan was for my Sister to go down there for a month w/them. Josh's Mom was also there to help out and give my Sister a break. I also know if it wasn't for the fact my Dad's health isn't good, Mom would have gone down too.

I mean...To me, it's normal for something like this to happen, as who are you going to trust more than your Mom right? So Will & Kate did it backwards in terms of location, but IMO, it was the best place and thing to go and do. I mean....Stop and think for a minute. If you were in their shoes w/a newborn, would you...

A - Stay in what's described as not exactly the largest of places, where there's renovation/restoration work also going on not that far away and the media waiting to pounce at the smallest of hints of anything related to your little one or you...

Or

B - Go somewhere you *know* is a safe and protecting place, you are surrounded by people who care about you and your Family and you have the time, space and also quiet to bond as a new Family/get to know your Newborn w/the love and support you need then and there from Family and Friends.

I know what I'd choose. In a heartbeat.

It will get a bit much if Carol followes them to Kensington, for instance, or on trips but right now if it's what Kate needs, why not?

Thank goodness for Mother's when you have a new baby. It is not unusual to have and need help. Also, a new Mother can have a serious case of post-partum blues due to all the harmons changing. Back when I had my babies, we were kept in the hospital for 5 days, now they go home in 2 days. From reports Catherine's pregnancy was not easy. She and the baby are being cared for.

If they can be there, mothers will do what they can to help out. I'm sure William & Catherine appreciate the help and love Carole is giving them and George. I'm sure if Diana was here, she would be doing the samething. William, Catherine and George have a great deal of love, care and support around them.

What about official photos of the baby? will they be released by clarence house or not?

Carol wouldn't have gone to Anglesey without being asked to by Kate and/or William and to know that someone close is around for help is actually really nice especially for 1st time parents. Knowing Williams work hours, it does make sense for her to be with Kate and most likely setting up the house for the baby. Anyways, she didnt stay long so most likely she was there to make sure everything is alright for the move.

Am I the only one who finds annoying these double-guessing and mean comments in regards to every look, gesture or action of the Cambridges? I know we're on a comment forum, but lighten up!

Carol wouldn't have gone to Anglesey without being asked to by Kate and/or William and to know that someone close is around for help is actually really nice especially for 1st time parents. Knowing Williams work hours, it does make sense for her to be with Kate and most likely setting up the house for the baby. Anyways, she didnt stay long so most likely she was there to make sure everything is alright for the move.

Absolutely right - and they are packing up to leave.

IMO, the nasty comments criticizing Katherine are most likely from the same people who have posted nasty comments all along. I really don't take these comments as anything new, just another opportunity for these people to bash Katherine and her family.

IMO, the nasty comments criticizing Katherine are most likely from the same people who have posted nasty comments all along. I really don't take these comments as anything new, just another opportunity for these people to bash Katherine and her family.

I agree. I think some of those people who make silly comments about Catherine and her family, have a great deal of unnecessary anger built up in them and they should learn to let things go and not pick on other people because of what's going on in they're personal life.

Is there a princess Diana section on this site? Since she's gone and all I didn't know if there would be one. They're reopening her death yet again. I guess the mods can move this to wherever it goes.

Was Princess Diana MURDERED by a British soldier? Metropolitan Police 'assessing credibility' of new claim | Mail Online

Yes, you can delete your post and re-posted here on this thread-
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...er-from-france-funeral-and-interment-787.html

Although, I think the link was already posted there.

Thank goodness for Mother's when you have a new baby. It is not unusual to have and need help. Also, a new Mother can have a serious case of post-partum blues due to all the harmons changing. Back when I had my babies, we were kept in the hospital for 5 days, now they go home in 2 days. From reports Catherine's pregnancy was not easy. She and the baby are being cared for.

I, literally, would have ended up in the looney bin if it hadn't been for my mum. My kids never slept as babies. I m serious. Sleep deprivation is not only unhealthy for the mom, but for the child, for the parent cannot be his/her best. That affects their child.

To comment that it is immature to have extended family to help the mother after the birth of a child is very negative, though I did get it from my older brother after our first child was born and I stayed at my mother's house at the beach, out of the city, for the summer.
It certainly didn't keep us from forming a family bond, on the contrary, I didn't have to do housework, cook, etc and had moral support which enabled me to keep going.Plus, husbands have to go to work, isolating a new mother isn't good.
My sister and mother stayed with me for a couple of weeks after the birth of the second. Just to get us "on our feet".

When I was born I know my grandmother flew up to be with my mom for awhile, I don't know how long she was there. Also all the friends I know have spent a lot of time with their moms after they had their babies. Some moved back home, now none of these friends were married or even had the fathers in their lives if that makes any difference.

According to the DM, George's pix are being released on Monday.

(pile of salt at the ready)

Do we know when William, Catherine and George will be heading up to Balmoral?

we don't actually know that they are. Media speculation to date.

Do we know when William, Catherine and George will be heading up to Balmoral?

No.

What we have had are media reports that:

a. The Queen invited them to stay there for a few weeks while awaiting KP
b. The Queen invited them for a weekend
c. They are going up there sometime to introduce George to Philip

So we don't know either when or even if they are going but the odds are more on the side of them going for a weekend or so because pretty well all the royals go up at least for a weekend or so each year of The Queen's two month stay there.

If they do go there may also be no coverage of their visit anyway.

It would be great to see the couple attend the Braemar Gathering next month at Balmoral. If they're up there to attend that is.

To comment that it is immature to have extended family to help the mother after the birth of a child is very negative, though I did get it from my older brother after our first child was born and I stayed at my mother's house at the beach, out of the city, for the summer.
It certainly didn't keep us from forming a family bond, on the contrary, I didn't have to do housework, cook, etc and had moral support which enabled me to keep going.Plus, husbands have to go to work, isolating a new mother isn't good.
My sister and mother stayed with me for a couple of weeks after the birth of the second. Just to get us "on our feet".
I agree with you.

I don't understand the fuss surrounding all of this issue of Catherine moving with George at the Middletons, it's not like she will be there for the rest of her life IMO, it was just for a few weeks. She's a new mom and unexperienced, getting a little help and advice from her mother was the best thing to do.

When my mom had my older brother, she was all alone, because my grandmother lived far away, my father worked for a lot of hours, and she had to take care of her first-born baby even without help and without experience. But you know what? She had post-partum depression and it was really ugly and dificult to recover from it.

To comment that it is immature to have extended family to help the mother after the birth of a child is very negative,

Its out of context. I said I found it odd/immature that Kate moved in with her parents instead builing her own family unit at home, inviting her parents to stay with her. Its a good thing to have your mothers' help but the thought of not building your own routine with the baby at your own home is strange to me. That's all, for those who spot Kate-bashing everywhere. We're on a message board, people disagree all the time.

Its out of context. I said I found it odd/immature that Kate moved in with her parents instead builing her own family unit at home, inviting her parents to stay with her. Its a good thing to have your mothers' help but the thought of not building your own routine with the baby at your own home is strange to me. That's all, for those who spot Kate-bashing everywhere. We're on a message board, people disagree all the time.

I think right now up until William ends his tour of duty with SAR in Wales, there really isn't a home to start building a family unit. Nottingham Cottage will be vacated for KP 1-A and the cottage in Wales will be vacated as it looks pretty positive so far that they will not be staying on in Wales. With playing musical residences, there's a lot that needs to be done and that will be kind of chaotic until they do settle permanently into 1-A. With William on base in Wales, staying with her parents she's got someone to assist her with the baby. I imagine that although it does seem like she's focusing on being a new mother 100%, I can't help but think there's other matters she has to attend to such as plans for the move from Nottingham and Wales into 1-A, working with her staff to get her ducks in a row for future engagements and maybe get a full night's sleep once in a while.

Once they're all settled in their permanent apartments and they begin the next stage of their lives with either Will staying in the service or becoming a full time working royal, I'm sure they'll fall into a workable routine for them.

I really don't think anyone should be criticizing the Cambridge's for their living arrangements after George arrived. I think they did what was best and convenient for them at the time. Most likely they have a routine established now.

But Kate has more privacy with her parents. She can walk in their huge backyard without being photographed unlike Kensington Palace where most likely she would be spotted. She can have anyone visit her without them being photographed and timed for for their visit by the press. Kate might just seem to be safe and secure at her mothers and her mum wouldn't feel like a guest at Kensington Palace.

I don't get why it really matters where one stays at this point. Comfort is everything and the most important.

Back
Top Bottom